HB: Mitchell Litherland Birchall
C: Hill Langford Shiels
HF: Breust Ceglar Smith
FF: Puopolo Roughead Gunston
Foll: Hale Lewis Burgoyne
Int: Schoenmakers Simpkin Spangher Sewell
Emerg: Hartung McEvoy Cheney

IN: R.Schoenmakers, T.Duryea, A.Litherland
OUT: L.Hodge (knee soreness), M.Suckling (knee), B.Stratton (calf cork)

Full team....

FB: Gibson Lake Duryea
HB: Mitchell Litherland Birchall
C: Hill Langford Shiels
HF: Breust Ceglar Smith
FF: Puopolo Roughead Gunston
Foll: Hale Lewis Burgoyne
Int: Schoenmakers Simpkin Spangher Sewell
Emerg: Hartung McEvoy Cheney

OUT: L.Hodge (knee soreness), M.Suckling (knee), B.Stratton (calf cork)
I hope knee soreness is the new "rested".

Stratts was only starting to turn it on last week.

Probably nothing too much to worry about but it makes sense to be conservative I suppose, hopefully back next week. Assume the same applies to Hodge. They are good at keeping secrets at Hawthorn, I'll give them that! :cool:

I am happy with the 'ins' though :thumbsu:

The problem with doing this is.... if Schoenmakers or Duryea plays a blinder against a weakened Collingwood this round, it is difficult to drop them. Stratton and Hodge have to come back into the squad no matter what so you get a scenario where you have to drop a guy like Langford, Spangher, Simpkin or Sewell for a QF just because they happen to play one bad game.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Johnson doesn't make it up for that QF. I reckon Geelong are playing that down big time.

SJ missing can only be helpful to our cause. Just because we managed to get over the Cats last a week, a follow up win in a final is certainly no fait accompli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with doing this is.... if Schoenmakers or Duryea plays a blinder against a weakened Collingwood this round, it is difficult to drop them. Stratton and Hodge have to come back into the squad no matter what so you get a scenario where you have to drop a guy like Langford, Spangher, Simpkin or Sewell for a QF just because they happen to play one bad game.
I think performances against Geelong will hold a bit more weight than one offs against a heavily depleted Collingwood. Club will already have a very good idea of who they're going to go with in the QF I imagine.

Schoenmakers in annoys me. Played an average game in the 2's and walks right back in. Yes we lose Strattor but we gain Lithers, why bring in 3 defenders. Would have prefered Grimely to be honest at this stage

Agreed...we know what we get with Shoey (not a gret deal) ...should have brought in Grimmers to see if his 3 goal game was a fluke or not and play Spanger down back

Would have made the game a bit more interesting (

Agreed...we know what we get with Shoey (not a gret deal) ...should have brought in Grimmers to see if his 3 goal game was a fluke or not and play Spanger down back

Would have made the game a bit more interesting (

Not sure a 3 goal game is anything to write home about..I dont think Grimley is a part of any finals plans (or earned the chance) so can understand why he he doesn't get a gig as unfortunately for him(and us) hasn't provided a great deal either.
shoey also not that impressive recently but will be a part of september plans if needed.
I guess they are at the "Not a time for experimenting" stage..

Litherland and Duryea playing for Suckling's spot (not convinced he will be fit for the QF and I think the effects of his comeback were beginning to show).

Stratton and Hodge will replace Schoey and Duryea/Lithers for the QF.
Sounds about right. If so it will be interesting to see Schoey, Lake and Gibbo in the backline together. Have we actually seen that?

Emergencies could easily come in too

Brisbane will be setting themselves for this one

Could even have 1 Hawthorn v 4 Geelong. 2. Sydney v 3. Fremantle
5. Port v 8 Richmond 6. North x 7 Essendon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back