No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an interesting stat/fact on the radio this afternoon. Since we've had the current final eight system apparently no team who has been beaten by a bottom four team has won the premeirship. Both Sydney and Freo have been beaten by bottom four teams. Another stat I heard a while ago is that no team who has been beaten by 100 points or more in the home and away season has won the premiership. Geelong has been beaten by over 100 points. So that just leaves us, Port and all the also rans...the premiership is our folks!!!! :thumbsu: :D
Like this a lot.

Quite amusing if it pans out that way.

pM9LWjV.jpg

Would we push a player like Ball out the door like Buckley appears to have done? Maybe we would if we had a wealth of experience staying and on the field, and we definitely WOULDN'T if the two players who were goig to take that role(McCaffer and Scharenberg) did acl injuries the week before. I dont get it? whats buckley thinking?

Last edited:
Would we push a player like Ball out the door like Buckley appears to have done? Maybe we would if we had a wealth of experience staying and on the field, and we definitely would if the two players (McCaffer and Scharenberg) did acl injuries the week before. I dont get it? whats buckley thinking?

I think the one that's worse is ROK - announcing a lap of honour for him this morning when he hasn't even notified them of his intentions - he wasn't pushed, he was shoved

I feel for Ball if it's the case - not a glorious way to end a career and I would be appalled if someone like Sewell was treated like that. In saying that, some players ie. ROK and even goodes just don't know when it's time to call time

Would we push a player like Ball out the door like Buckley appears to have done? Maybe we would if we had a wealth of experience staying and on the field, and we definitely WOULDN'T if the two players who were goig to take that role(McCaffer and Scharenberg) did acl injuries the week before. I dont get it? whats buckley thinking?
edited...got my woulds confused, too much 4 x 2 with me at the moment

Is anyone else over the whole retirement thing? Most of these guys will never be hall of famers, not even for their clubs. You want to retire, then retire. Save me the lap of honour and retirement parade.

If I were O'Keefe I would have told Sydney to stick it up their arse. They have treated him appallingly this year.

Is anyone else over the whole retirement thing? Most of these guys will never be hall of famers, not even for their clubs. You want to retire, then retire. Save me the lap of honour and retirement parade.

If I were O'Keefe I would have told Sydney to stick it up their arse. They have treated him appallingly this year.

Such is the power of Buddy

Aye, and the two hundred guards of honor Hayes has had this year.
'first game since announcing retirement'
'last game at stadium a'
'last game at stadium b' etc

final home game and then go quietly. seriously.

'last game at stadium a'

Was it as bad as the sheedy and hird retirement show :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still wish we'd got ROK after the 2008 season. A quality player at the time who only seemed to get better in the next couple of years. If things had panned out, there's another premiership we'd have won.

Still wish we'd got ROK after the 2008 season. A quality player at the time who only seemed to get better in the next couple of years. If things had panned out, there's another premiership we'd have won.
How about if Paul Roos asked for Jordan Lewis? Would you still want ROK? Nah, me too.

How about if Paul Roos asked for Jordan Lewis? Would you still want ROK? Nah, me too.

Fair point, and yes, I'd prefer we retained Lewis. As much as I would have loved ROK, there are some players you can't give up, and Lewis is one - the man is prototypically Hawthorn.

A similar discussion came up when I said to a friend that I wished we hadn't let Kennedy go (and I still wish we had retained him). My mate's response was that Kennedy is a similar player to Jordan Lewis, and we couldn't let him go.

Yes. Whatever happened to playing out the season THEN announcing your retirement? Apparently Karmichael Hunt is getting a lap of honour, the guy has only played 44 games for crying out loud!

Yes. Whatever happened to playing out the season THEN announcing your retirement? Apparently Karmichael Hunt is getting a lap of honour, the guy has only played 44 games for crying out loud!
What, and miss out on the opportunity for tongue-tied commentators to embarrassingly miss-pronounce his name one last time? :p

'last game at stadium a'

To be fair to St Kilda, they've had nothing else to celebrate this year. I'm just hanging out for the news headlines next week to see if they can top last year's dwarf bonfire. Maybe they'll have a shot at the Grand Final sprint.

It's the principle. We make the GF and it's a 6.5 day break vs 7.5.

Just another $wans concession

I'm going to admit that you've still got me bamboozled - is this on the premise that freo don't smack them next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back