Great Video Clips

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye round saw me driving around the Yarra Valley and surrounding hills/mountains last Sunday… The Chills album - World Kaleidoscope and in particular the song “Pink Frost” gets a solid run between hikes and photo stops.
"It was one of those crisp...autumn nights. Someone threw a bushel of autumn leaves over the band during this song, and, through my own, I saw several faces around me erupt in tears." Overwrought? Perhaps. But listen to the song; smell the smoky residue of summer's death in those leaves, and it all makes perfect sense.
– allmusic.com

freddie foto – stones winery – 25may2014
XxySUiU.png

The Chills – Pink Frost – [live 1988]

Hahahahaha.
My daughter has just discovered the Smiths and asked if I knew of them. This prompted me to think of some of the music I loved as a young man and realised I have never gotten around to searching for another favourite from around 88' - '91, The Bachelors From Prague. I only ever had 1 album, but I loved it so much I bought the cassette to play in the car instead of taping it myself. Anyhoo, I did a quick youtube search and just had to post this video I found, where someone has used one of my fave tracks as the backing. Was going to post it it the politics thread, but decided to pop it in here where there might be more appreciation for the music.
One of the most apt combos of sight and sound, I give you The Bachelors From Prague;

Is that World Cup song the worst song ever created? Must be close.

Just purchased the new Brian Eno - Karl Hyde album the other weekend... and it's now starting to grow on me.

Bachelors from Prague - such a... such a... ummmm, such a post '80's locked in the eighties band. :cool:

But seriously it wouldn't be 80's without TISM, is that Billy Puller singing?

'Bachelors' was a very um pop(?) type jazz that just came along at the right time for me I guess. Still love listening to them (although that instrumental you chose to post would be one of my least favourite). Just love Henry's vocals.

Was a fan of TISM too in the day. Very cool gig in '89.:thumbsu:

hey guys and girls.

I've currently moved house and i've misplaced my dvds. I was just wondering if anyone has a link of the 2001 grand final.

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aphex Twin releasing a new album gives me the excuse to post this classic.

Remember seeing the Window Licker video on rage at about 1am when I was about 10 and was up well past my bedtime. Freaked the s**t out of me. Don't think I slept at all that night.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back