Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 30/08/2014 @ 1:45 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, probably not the place but some people have mentioned our final next week being on the sat. Does anybody know if it'll be an arvo or night game? Or is that not set yet?

Arvo if they want the prime Sydney timeslot, Night if they want to give Freo/Port a chance to fly home on the Saturday.

Sunday won't happen, because it makes the whole thing a complete mess in terms of 6-day breaks.

McLean and Armfield both have big delist potential, might be getting send-off games to be honest

Highly likely this will be Waite's last game for Carlolton - watch this space.

The only other possibility (which I actually think is most likely), is swapping our game for the Sydney v Freo game to allow Freo to fly back on the Saturday.

It kind of sucks that the AFL can't release the 'likely' set up.

I just have a feeling the AFL prefer night games at ANZ rather than a day

Hard to believe the Ess Carlton preview has turned into a discussion of when and where we'll play finals next week.

Hope the team can focus on the matter at hand better than the supporters...

Especially since if we lose we could be playing our first final interstate

Hard to believe the Ess Carlton preview has turned into a discussion of when and where we'll play finals next week.

Hope the team can focus on the matter at hand better than the supporters...

If I were in the inner sanctum I'd be mentioning all week how Carlton played in our finals spot last year. Make the hatred burn.

So Hurley on Waite, Hooker on Casboult. Who matches up on Watson (spud that he is)? I imagine they'll try and play a defensive forward on Hibberd (White/Armfield), so trying to get Hibberd matched up on Watson may be tricky.

And also that if 5 beat 8 (almost guaranteed), the winner of the 6v7 game will probably get their second final in Melbourne as well.

So much riding on tomorrow.
As long as Geelong beat Brisbane this week, it will be in Melbourne as it will be loser of Hawks vs Cats against winner of 6v7. Given that the Haw-Gee final will almost certainly be the Friday game, that leads me to believe 6v7 will be Saturday and the subsequent semi will be the following Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard/Winderlich/CHappy one of those should go sub. Take it easy into the finals

Imagine a Cyborg combination of those three.....Godwinderhappy 2.0

mQ3cdIP.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back