3D Printers - I'm excited!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've finally started looking seriously. We went to Weta workshop in Wellington in January and our guide was basically saying learn about 3DP or perish. This has had a marginal effect on the Mrs attitude.

Friend who has 3 printers suggests Printer Bot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I presume you mean Printrbot.

Would you be looking at this one or something more like this?
Probably the Simple if anyone has stock. Majcom.com.au are apparently local distributors and only have the Plus in stock from what I can see on mobile.

Probably the Simple if anyone has stock. Majcom.com.au are apparently local distributors and only have the Plus in stock from what I can see on mobile.
What will be your first project, gaming scenery or handgun?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woo hoo! Flea market bargain!

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...d=3d_printer&gclid=CPmAloLL69MCFVkEKgodp2oOxA

WK19_PD_388x314_62a.jpg

Here is an example of the cleaning up required. Stringy bits that happen when the extruder moves between small areas, in this case the legs of this raised platform game piece.

2cd4673fe636f5e2a920011132dc607b.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Reading the New Scientist mag and they had a feature on the future and 3d printing came up. As above many homes will have one and items will never be shopped for again.

Plates , bbq cutlery, bowls, cups, cupholders, plastic bits when your car gets a scratch, panels , even phones. Just get a circuit board and design your own phone.

Here are 8 ideas from last year. I like the house.

House site

Hiatus in printing - I got two 1kg reels of filament but the spools are just a few mm too wide for the holder on my machine...

Have to hack the holder with my dremel, or print up a cool one I downloaded, which rests the spool on four skate board wheel bearings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back