Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Nthwangman

Senior List
Apr 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Well surel
Well surely things can't get any worse out there? Is next year going to be the start of something new for north wang? A sustainable north wang? Or are you going to break the bank again and try get a years worth of glory to a team of players who are going to jump ship when it starts to sink again!?

Contrary to popular belief, North Wang didn't "buy" players for a year. I believe the player payments were equal to or less than what most clubs are paying on average. Looking at the grand final team (in the seniors), approx. 50% of the players weren't even what you would call "contracted paid players," although probably about 80% of them are now paid players with different clubs. (I do, however, believe that players were paid a match payment for each game they played but it wasn't a significant amount.)

I dare say that in the coming weeks/months, you'll hear about what's coming next year. Some new faces, some old faces rejoining the nest.

Nthwangman

Senior List
Apr 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Someone by the last name Dale from over yackandanda way as coach bringing a few mates, with David steer as assistant coach?

I'll leave naming names up to the people that name names.

But hopefully North Wang can become more sustainable in the senior footy (the bunch of 2's boys that had to step up in to Seniors this year are hoping to reclaim their spot back in the magoos).

Brock26

Rookie
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone know the senior results? Bright kids reign supreme (for now) thirds and c grade nettie both straight in. Watched a quarter or so of the twos. Wow!!!! Most sides would be pretty happy to field either of those two teams as their senior sides.( Probably would push for finals too) the skills were incredible for o and k reserves.

Lionel Richie

Rookie
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I see the valley have been quick to appoint Hayden Murray as coach next year. Should see a rise up the ladder with early recruiting etc, not to mention how well there magoos are travelling at the moment, I think they could be the bolter for the flag!!

full on the fence

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Contrary to popular belief, North Wang didn't "buy" players for a year. I believe the player payments were equal to or less than what most clubs are paying on average. Looking at the grand final team (in the seniors), approx. 50% of the players weren't even what you would call "contracted paid players," although probably about 80% of them are now paid players with different clubs. (I do, however, believe that players were paid a match payment for each game they played but it wasn't a significant amount.)

Find this very hard to believe

franklinGWS

Rookie
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
C'mon Boys lets get back to the footy and leave all that for post season .
Great physical contest last week between Glenrowan and Milawa last week ... Glenrowan just looked like they had Milawa covered all day but Milawa fought hard .. After the initial burst by Glenrowan every time Milawa asked the question - Glenrowan answered . I reckon its probably the two Grand Final teams .

Who wins this week I reckon Milawa but its finals and if Tarra can play out of their skins and Hamish Moore has things his own way and get a bit of support and goals from a few of other forwards - who knows . I don't think Milawa are that far in front of Tarra that its a Moral . We all probably thought it would come to this - so will be a good watch .

The Reserves will be good as well .. King Valley are flying and Glenrowan beat them during the year - This one could go down to the wire

Any thoughts on last weeks games or the up coming games including Reserves ??????

Big Bertha

Draftee
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Any thing could happen this weekend but Tarra will have to play there best four qrt game of footy to beat the demons.
The reserves glenrowan are coming off a pretty poor game against Milawa. King valley can they make it to the big dance coming from 6 position??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lionel Richie

Rookie
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I see in the local today jimbo bell cited twice on Sunday, one charge for head butting and another for striking! Bout time karma caught up with him, great player but dirty bastard! I personally have witnessed him headbutt on two separate occasions over the years, disappointing for tarra followers, if he's rubbed out

ladakah

Debutant
Dec 15, 2013
Close By
AFL Club
Geelong
I see in the local today jimbo bell cited twice on Sunday, one charge for head butting and another for striking! Bout time karma caught up with him, great player but dirty bastard! I personally have witnessed him headbutt on two separate occasions over the years, disappointing for tarra followers, if he's rubbed out

Bell was handed three weeks last night, can Tarra get past Milawa this weekend without him?

The Bulls

Debutant
May 8, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Coped his right whack! Pardon the pun, but I have watched a few Tarra games this year and he doesn't mind giving it to the smaller guy's on the field. Head but + striking + pleading not guilty lucky it was only 3.

cruising56

Rookie
Dec 1, 2009
shep
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ho
Coped his right whack! Pardon the pun, but I have watched a few Tarra games this year and he doesn't mind giving it to the smaller guy's on the field. Head but + striking + pleading not guilty lucky it was only 3.

How do you know he pleaded not guilty? Were you there? Who were the blokes he head butted and whacked?

The Bulls

Debutant
May 8, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I didn't see the game as I was down in Melbourne watching my beloved Bulls get beaten in a elimination final. But like I stated I have watched Tarra on a few occasions and he does target the smaller on ballers. I wonder if Love getting taken away in a ambulance the week before had anything to do with Big Jim chasing him around all day?

The Bunyip

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2012
Upper Kumbuckta West
AFL Club
Carlton

It would be hard to mount a credible defence when there's a photo of you actually in the act of headbutting.
Really disappointing for Tarra to have such a key player unavailable, we all want to see the best players out there having a crack.
But they're a good side, I'm sure Tarra will cover his loss the best way they can & still put up a fight against Milawa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back