Mega Thread Port v Freo discussion - all together now!

Remove this Banner Ad

I recommend people come on over just to see how far off the mark this post is.

As for the posters claiming we are talking about testing your players with personal confrontation, what a laugh. How many posts have there been itt recommending roughing up Barlow's hand?
I came over to have a look. Popped into the Freo's Top 4 Chance's thread. Read the last two pages. All I could read was what timeslot will Sydney vs Freo take place as both will be coming off a 6 day break if they play Friday Night.

Hello Freo visitors, the confidence is a club characteristic, you can choose to be offended by it or not, Port are always confident, it's how we roll :)

Those we used to destroy in the SANFL hate us because of it. We wont change :)

As for the posters claiming we are talking about testing your players with personal confrontation, what a laugh. How many posts have there been itt recommending roughing up Barlow's hand?

upload_2014-8-29_12-21-30.jpeg

Just remember this for a big lesson in life ;)

I came over to have a look. Popped into the Freo's Top 4 Chance's thread. Read the last two pages. All I could read was what timeslot will Sydney vs Freo take place as both will be coming off a 6 day break if they play Friday Night.
Respectfully, you are talking nonsense.

EDIT: Inb4mods

I don't have any problem with that. Finals that involve travelling require thinking ahead.

I know I've been going through all the permutations to figure out what time we'll likely play in Adelaide whether that's in week 1, week 2, or week 3.

Agree to disagree on his current importance in their side but the few times I've seen Lake this year he's either been ok at best, injured mid game or pantsed i.e the Petrie choke game he's only played 7 games out of 23.

No doubt he's been good for Hawthorn & was great for them in the GF last year but he has one good year left in him & isn't in the Mitchell, Gibson, Roughead, Rioli bracket of key players because Hawthorn can cope without him as they've shown this year.

Makes some sense. I think the Hawks have covered pretty well for most of those guys anyway. Roughead and Rioli are the only ones of that lot that resulted in the Hawks having a worse win% when they weren't playing. Their win% was actually better when the other guys weren't playing... Mitchell, Gibson and Lake.
Hawks.png

Obviously summary stats like this skate over the details of what happened in the games, and what the games actually were. Common sense makes it obvious that the Hawks are a better team when all of the top three are playing. They're a very good team regardless, and cover missing players better than any team in the league I reckon.

IMO the biggest argument against Lake's exclusion not having much impact was how well Schulz did that week. Looks like he had a bit of a stinker looking at the stats sheet, so fair enough that having Lake in wouldn't have changed Schulz' performance by much.

Being pedantic maybe, but it's 7 games of 21 that Lake has played... not 23. Your bracketing of Lake outside the importance of the other four makes sense though... I disagree with it in general, but in the example of your game against them it makes good sense.

Hello Freo visitors, the confidence is a club characteristic, you can choose to be offended by it or not, Port are always confident, it's how we roll :)

Those we used to destroy in the SANFL hate us because of it. We wont change :)

It's no worries. It's your board. A lot of us will act similarly on our home board.

Par for the course really, when both teams are doing well and having good seasons.

Just a couple of qoutes from one of your boards without having to spend too much time on it.

Just had pruise at the Port board, **** a lot of them are arrogant pricks.
Hope we ****ing smash those campaigners :thumbsu:

You know what. I have been thinking the same thing but kept my mouth shut because everyone was saying "Awww these port supporters are nice and fluffy". They were s**t last year and lost to GWS. 1 good year and they carry on like they are Geelong

I've only been on BF a year but have never sen another teams supporters post on our board more than this week. I reckon you guys are crapping yourselves.

Last edited:
I don't have any problem with that. Finals that involve travelling require thinking ahead.

I know I've been going through all the permutations to figure out what time we'll likely play in Adelaide whether that's in week 1, week 2, or week 3.
Yea I agree.. Eddie everywhere was working that out as well last year...did him no good after we thumped Collingwood .. hope we do the same this year with a win in Perth :)

Just a couple of qoutes from one of your boards without having to spend too much time on it.

I've only been on BF a year but have never sen another teams supporters post on our board more than this week. I reckon you guys are crapping yourselves.
I reckon after you spend a bit more time on BF you'll become more aware. You'll probably even notice the rule prohibiting posting links to another team board.

Agree with that.

Amazing to think, a straight kick or so and/or a couple of competent umpire decisions in a couple of Geelong's games and our game this weekend could have been a 'dead rubber' between 3rd and 4th (or the like).

Let's all agree that Geelong is the worst top four side going round for awhile and we all hope they get smashed in the two games they play.

I think it's an indication of how big this game is. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd wager that there wasn't this level of banter between Dockers and Lions fans last week. Tomorrow's game may make or break the respective fortunes of both teams, and both sets of supporters are treating it accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) freos flogging of us last year meant sfa in the scheme of things cos we had made finals for the first time in 5-6 years, we didnt really care

With 10 minutes left of that game we were no certainty to make the finals. It was guaranteed when Essendon made a late surge at Carlton. A game that was played at the same time as ours.

If we didn't care, we should have.

What does pruise mean?
It's the bruise caused by the prick of an injection.
As in "Gee, those Essendon players have a lot of pruises"

I can't see where the arrogance is. Apart from Janus who is always ultra positive that we'll win everything, all I've seen from everyone else is talk that we think we can win it based on the past and our inclusions.

What are we supposed to be posting?
A. "Freo are gods"
B. "We have no chance against Freo on their home deck"
C. "We should be throwing out all recent history because Freo's form in the last couple weeks is outstanding and they have been a top side for a few years and we've only been up for a couple. So clearly we are no chance"
D. "We should rest players this week because we will not win and should prep for playing 8th"
E. "I wish we were Freo"

Seriously. The Freo trolls that have come on this board (some have been good) have just been getting riled up by us being positive and thinking we have a chance. Get over yourselves. We all know Freo is good, our board isn't a PRAISE Freo board, it is a Port board and we are going to talk about why we think we can beat you and how we can. You aren't invincible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back