No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said a few times in this thread and will say it again:

The AFL is very concerned about the integrity of it's competition, but is not concerned about the integrity of the processes used to ensure the integrity of the competition.

They're very concerned about the image of integrity, nothing more. Actual integrity they couldn't give two shits about, especially if it gets in the way of making money.

My husband still blames James Hird because he was in charge.

My husband like so many are so blindsided by the fact Hird was the coach. That's despite Rodney Eade among others coming out and saying they would not have known what their players were taking and Chris Judd's little performance over the magic drink which neither he nor his colleagues know what's in it.

Is it pigheadedness or just plain ignorance as in head in a bucket of sand who knows? I just don't understand that type of behaviour.

s**t no wonder I drink

Anyone married drinks.

Or anyone with children.

They're very concerned about the image of integrity, nothing more. Actual integrity they couldn't give two shits about, especially if it gets in the way of making money.

That's probably a better way of putting it, and the lack of integrity in their processes used to maintain this image is laughable.

Seems they deleted the tweet.

#disapointed
#somuchdisapoint
My guess is that it would have been an accidental screenshot in the past that they accidentally uploaded.

Yep.

Whether there's integrity or not isn't the issue - as long as people think there is integrity, the wheels on the money-generation machine will continue to churn ...

That's why the charge levied was 'bringing the game into disrepute', not 'compromising the integrity of the game'.

Anyone married drinks.

Or anyone with children.
4 months ago i was right there... Had three months off alcohol and am now settling into drinking once or twice a month, but only when going out. It has seriously been worth breaking the habit. Highly recommend it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 30 January 2013 briefing note was provided to the AFL in the days after 31 January 2013. It positively identified EFC as the club of interest to the ACC.

Vlad the Fat Liar
I didn’t know who the club in question was. The AFL wasn’t aware of who the club was in question because the ACC who briefed us a few days earlier on the Thursday wouldn’t disclose to us who the clubs involved were. So it is simply untrue.

http://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/a...-Factual-Findings-the-Court-ought-to-make.pdf

unbelievable to get this insight, I'm so glad we took the campaigners to court. Have a read of the underhanded s**t that went on

ggrrrr

38. ASADA never communicated directly with the EFC Players that it has changed its position between 20 February 2013 and 7 March 2013 even though it met with the players again on 6 May 2013. Mr Simonsson said words to the players on that occasion to the effect of: "But honestly, I do not think you are going to have a problem."

ggrrrr

38. ASADA never communicated directly with the EFC Players that it has changed its position between 20 February 2013 and 7 March 2013 even though it met with the players again on 6 May 2013. Mr Simonsson said words to the players on that occasion to the effect of: "But honestly, I do not think you are going to have a problem."

Did they include the bit where he asked our players for photos and autographs?

#probablyhappened

read/heard it plenty of times now but still has me seeing red -

102. One week later on 26 June 2013, Ms Andruska spoke to Mr McLachlan of the AFL. She noted Mr McLachlan's comments as follows:

Take point off Essendon - if High Court
We need all the detail to get through that...
Problematic if not full report
Get outcome we need
Take bits out that might compromise what we need

I want to know what the "2 or 3 things can never be made public" are.

I have a few ideas,

- Proof that banned substances were taken,
-proof that undermined the narrative the AFL were trying to spin
- Proof showing other parties being involved

Also find it interesting the AFL were "cranky" about a "lost tape". Wonder if this is the recording apparantly made by carlton at some stage which was then "lost". That seems to have been forgotten

From red sash- "The biggest bomb about to drop..."
tumblr_lk38k41j2q1qa9yvvo1_500.gif

So the 2 players that refused the interview didn't get SC's. Where is this mountain of evidence?

What a farce by these campaigning campaigners.

So have I missed something important here? Much has been made of the coercive powers of the AFL which is why the joint investigation was necessary. So, the obvious question must be, how did these two guys, whoever they are refuse to be interviewed? Are we sure this is valid? If this is valid and the guys did refuse to be interviewed, did they do so under the treat of de-registration by the afl? My take on this is that the Essendon players were told to cooperate since they did not believe there was anything to hide. So was this two guys who were so pissed off with the AFL that they decided to tell them to foff and call their bluff on the de-registration or is there something else going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back