List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My order and preference changes regularly with these guys, but I'd personally have Laverde last (narrowly).

I'd go Lever, I can't split Weller and Ahern, and then Laverde.

Laverde can do some freak things but I don't reckon he had the composure and class of Weller and Ahern.

Tough call, ey? It's hard to go past Lever.

If we could somehow get 2....

He won't be delisted. No chance. He could be traded though purely because we have a surplus of inside mids and have a huge need for outside quick skillful mids and key position players.

Lyons has play 9 games this year. He struggled to get a game in the first half of the season, but has now played 8 of the last 12 games and about to play his 4th game in a row.

A lot of guys on here think it's a personal thing against Lyons, but the coaching group have been very consistent saying we can't play all of Thompson, Lyons, M.Crouch & Grigg all in the same team.

Lyons has been given the greatest opportunity out of those last 3 guys. All 3 of them have dominated SANFL footy (M.Crouch is averaging about 35 possessions and 10 clearances a game in 2nd half of the season). All 3 have spent a lot of time as sub as well when they are in the side (particularly Grigg).

Personally I'd trade Lyons purely because one of these guys is always gonna miss out. Plus he is a vic boy, has currency at the moment and might be able to help us address a desperate need.

M Crouch was a first year player, they seldom step in right away unless they are ready to go, M Crouch definitely wasn't in that category.
Lyons on the other hand had been on the list since being drafted in 2010.

I really don't think you can say he has been given the greatest opportunity of the three of them.

Three years later the Crows really didn't know what type of player they had on their hands but a decision on his future was needed to be made. Thompson was aging and a replacement midfielder would soon be needed. It made practical sense to try Lyons, if he's was a keeper we needed to know and if he was trade able playing him IMO increased his value.

Grigg is in the same boat but he was drafted a year later, we couldn't expect Lyon's to hang around much longer without getting a game. Aiden Riley sought greener pastures for the same reason. Lyons was the logical candidate for games and his SANFL form could not be ignored.

Now the dilemma starts because Lyons has shown that he has an AFL game that will succeed. How good he will be is up to him and opportunity, opportunity he has to now gauge at what club. Right now the ball is in Lyon's court.

I actually like what Lyons brings to the team but playing both Grigg and Crouch perhaps could give us the same outcome.

The trouble is all three are so similar.He is a clearance machine but has the same faults that Lyons has been accused of. Gut running, speed,defensive chasing and doesn't break lines yet.

Great - beaten again by Port for a signature we need. We are a serious f...up

They've managed to grab two players in the last 12 months that would have filled two very pressing needs for us.

I'm a great supporter of this club - but phew, we really have to get good staff in and start getting a few more things right.

They've managed to grab two players in the last 12 months that would have filled two very pressing needs for us.

I'm a great supporter of this club - but phew, we really have to get good staff in and start getting a few more things right.

He might only be interested in chasing a premiership.

For a reported 1.2m over 3 years. What do you believe we should offer?

It depends what the club says.

If it comes out with the usual bullshit about never rebuilding then we should have offered 1.3 mil as he would have filled a pressing need. If they come out and say they aren't going for the quick fix in defense with a FA but are looking to lock away the two KPD spots for a decade and bugger the short term pain, then we have done the right thing

Happy to stand corrected on the factual issues -however I remain of the view they have not been afforded the extent of opportunity that others have.
They probably would have been given more opportunities if they'd been defenders, but when you have a forward line that contains Tex, JJ, Lynch and (to a lesser extent) JPod then you're opportunities are going to be limited. That said, at no point have they ever looked like pressing past any of those incumbents and earning selection in their own right. They haven't been given more opportunities because they really haven't stood up and demanded them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldsack goes to Port for $400k
"FFS Adelaide, beaten to a player by Port once again!"

Goldsack comes to Adelaide for $400k.
"FFS Adelaide, paying overs for another team's spud yet again!"

TOO FARKN TRUE!
Get sick of that.
Like people telling me Eddie Betts is getting too much cash (still)
Even though hes probably kicked more goals per dollar than almost anyone else in the competition. (Possibly Luke Breust an exception)

TOO FARKN TRUE!
Get sick of that.
Like people telling me Eddie Betts is getting too much cash (still)
Even though hes probably kicked more goals per dollar than almost anyone else in the competition. (Possibly Luke Breust an exception)

Agreed. Worth every cent.

Goldsack has reportedly signed... right... like how Tippett was reportedly going to sign with us/Brisbane..

Lets not get our knickers in a knot over the use of the word reportedly.

True and to be honest I'm not too fussed if we get him or not. It's not like the Polec situation where he was a dire need, high draft pick, young player.

Goldsack is a handy, but only average footballer. His tenacity often overcomes his lack of skill, but he's still average. Anything over $300,000 per season for him would be ridiculous.

1.2 over 3 year should be a drop in the ocean for an experienced player who is an exact match for a gaping need.

FFS McKay gets that much - for what exactly.

You always pay a bit extra for FA as it negates the need to trade. We now have to fill that need by other means - notably a decent draft pick - so 1 less good kid we don't get, which we cannot afford.

If this is true it's a major major screw up - again

1.2 over 3 year should be a drop in the ocean for an experienced player who is an exact match for a gaping need.

FFS McKay gets that much - for what exactly.

You always pay a bit extra for FA as it negates the need to trade. We now have to fill that need by other means - notably a decent draft pick - so 1 less good kid we don't get, which we cannot afford.

If this is true it's a major major screw up - again
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...ay&PlayerName3=&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=

You proposed a comparison between Mackay and Goldsack. I gave you the comparison between the two in stats.
I compared the potential salary of Goldsack to the current salary of MacKay. You can't compare their stats given the differing roles they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back