Preview Round 23: Sydney Swans V Richmond Tigers @ ANZ Stadium 30/08/2014 - 4:40 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this on YouTube? Been looking for the official tv footage of this for a year
Hey Madtug, yeah, it was on Youtube. I just had a quick look and couldn't find it. It was channel 7's broadcast and it went from when Richmond ran on till the first bounce. I was watching it on my iPad so perhaps it's only available on mobile devices. I have a check for you tonight.

We have a whole side playing for a finals birth? If a 20 year old kid going hard for the contested ball concerns you then we may as well just give up now.

As for the poster that said Grimes should exploit Goodes with his run, Grimes had his best running game against StKilda and there forward like pressure was non-existent so I wouldn't be too confident. Grimes has struggled big time with his attacking game and Goodes isn't the kind of player you give much room because he will destroy us on the counter attack.

I still believe Vickery is a massive chance if it's dry. Best way to stop Sydney from running it out of our defence is to have tall targets either marking the ball or knocking it down to our forwards. Griffiths gets the majority of his disposals up the ground so we are virtually playing with one tall forward target in Riewoldt, which will make it very easy for Sydney to zone off and double team him.

In- Vickery
Out- Gordon

Martin and Deledio can play the majority of the game up forward offering us the same amount of run that Gordon would, and they will find the ball a hell of a lot more.

Well I was saying it's my biggest concern. I didn't imply we have lost haha I was just making a comparison to weaker players playing with intent to guns playing without much care. IMO the former counts for more

Hey Madtug, yeah, it was on Youtube. I just had a quick look and couldn't find it. It was channel 7's broadcast and it went from when Richmond ran on till the first bounce. I was watching it on my iPad so perhaps it's only available on mobile devices. I have a check for you tonight.

Madtiger2006 this one?

Well when you lose and we win we will replace you hence knocking you out.

Falling to the line through no real actions of your own doesn't really count as 'knocking out'.

If I were a Weagles supporter, I wouldn't want to be sending my side to the finals this year - it would absolutely destroy any confidence and belief that their playing group has.

I have Batchelor on Reid so I'd look to rotate Petterd and Newman through that loose man role. Granted Newman isn't as likely to put himself in the hole like Petterd but his run and carry out of the back line could be important especially if Houli gets sat on.

I just think with the loose man needing to spoil Tippet and Buddy we need someone with enough height to reach for those spoils, Grimes is probably the best candidate but he may be required for Reid if all three Swans talls play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a whole side playing for a finals birth? If a 20 year old kid going hard for the contested ball concerns you then we may as well just give up now.

As for the poster that said Grimes should exploit Goodes with his run, Grimes had his best running game against StKilda and there forward like pressure was non-existent so I wouldn't be too confident. Grimes has struggled big time with his attacking game and Goodes isn't the kind of player you give much room because he will destroy us on the counter attack.

I still believe Vickery is a massive chance if it's dry. Best way to stop Sydney from running it out of our defence is to have tall targets either marking the ball or knocking it down to our forwards. Griffiths gets the majority of his disposals up the ground so we are virtually playing with one tall forward target in Riewoldt, which will make it very easy for Sydney to zone off and double team him.

In- Vickery
Out- Gordon

Martin and Deledio can play the majority of the game up forward offering us the same amount of run that Gordon would, and they will find the ball a hell of a lot more.
I tend to agree, while I am no big vickery fan I think it allows us to drop griff back into defense especially if they are getting a hold of us. They are a big side with franklin, tippet, reid plus their no name ruckman. Just gives us the flexbility, saying that only if its dry. Would be harsh on red dog though as he has been good the last few weeks.

Interesting if we do pull a late change as we haven't had 1 all year.

What about last week?
I've got the memory of a goldfish, who was a late change last week? Martin was pulled out on saturday wasn't he?

I was referring to an article in the paper this week which stated we are the only team not to have any late changes. Think that was meaning changes on game day.

Anyone know what the weather forecast is for tomorrow in Sydney? Last I heard it was going to be cool with a little rain over the coastal areas...

Anyone know what the weather forecast is for tomorrow in Sydney? Last I heard it was going to be cool with a little rain over the coastal areas...

Saturday 30 August
Summary
showers.png

Min 12
Max 19
Possible shower.
Sydney area
Cloudy. The chance of showers in the east, more likely about the coastal fringe. Winds southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending southerly 25 to 35 km/h in the morning.

Is it just me or are others constantly changing their minds on whether we will win or not? I keep flip flopping :(

I think we'll win - Maric will smash that kid into pieces and give our mids the upper hand. The flow on effect (as Dimma mentioned in his latest dissection) is that if our mids can control the game, that puts less stress and pressure on our defenders. Their forwards can hurt us but if the delivery is limited and kicks into 50 are rushed, it gives our guys a chance. I'd also expect to see Petterd playing loose down back as well to help out - he is a great overhead mark and puts himself in the right places to sit in front of forwards which may help nullify Buddy, Tippett and Reid.

Sorry that we''l knock you out of the 8.

Haven't beaten a top 8 side once this year. Biggest flat track bullies in the comp. You may well make it but you'll cop an absolute flogging from either Freo or Port if you do. Thanks for stopping by though. Here have a free boo:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Prefer to see Morris or Petterd to play on Malceski, to try and cut out his supply of half back.

While Ivan will out muscle the first gamer Naismith, he will make a contest of the centre bounces - goes alright the big kid, and he's aggressive and athletic too. The sort of young ruckman you would love to have coming through your list, and they have two of them with nankervis as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back