Rumour Tyson Goldsack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If O'Shea is going to the Saints, I'd rather us orchestrate a trade for Stanley and a pick upgrade than go after Goldsack...

In theory you could do both.
I'm an O'Shea fan and think theres a role for him, but in reality if he's traded we get something pretty reasonable for him (otherwise why trade a bloke who signs a 2 year contract extension at the start of the year).
Goldsack as a free agent is a free hit.

Seems to me like a slight upgrade on Paul Stewart. Not totally against it, but not really the player I thought we'd be targeting.

I think he's a significant upgrade on Stewart, but why re-sign Stewart in that case.

In theory you could do both.
I'm an O'Shea fan and think theres a role for him, but in reality if he's traded we get something pretty reasonable for him (otherwise why trade a bloke who signs a 2 year contract extension at the start of the year).
Goldsack as a free agent is a free hit.

Yer that i dont get. just signed up.... ??

cam bought a house in melbourne a few months back..it was coming!

The only thing I can think of is that St Kilda very keen on him, or we are very keen on one of theirs and he's who they want in exchange ...

Now as a tall defender he's behind Jonas/Hombsch/Bobby/Trengove, and we have Clurey ready to roll as well. What he brings is running ability/pace, but as a small it appears Pittard and Impey ... is this a case of trading out someone we have cover for because it gets us someone we need.

We were after Stanley last year, so it is a case of O'Shea out, Stanley and Goldsack in ? (possible pick swaps to balanace a trade with St Kilda)
[I'm just trying to think of reasons, and how this all fits together... but both Stanley/Goldsack can play forward, which Cam doesn't seem to have done]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as we mock Chaplin, he has provided Richmond with a desperately needed key back which has been an improvement for them - even helped them secure their first final before losing to 9th. We scored big time with Hombsch as Chaplin's replacement, so we're laughing anyway.

We're still embarrassingly short of mature bodies 193 cm and above. Goldsack is a decent enough player, he doesn't need to do anymore than play his role, like White. His contract with us wouldn't be about dollar so much as year length, like White. Basically, Goldsack is a pseudo-KPP version of White.

Richmond fans wanted him fired into the sun before they went on this run. He was atrocious.

The only thing I can think of is that St Kilda very keen on him, or we are very keen on one of theirs and he's who they want in exchange ...

Now as a tall defender he's behind Jonas/Hombsch/Bobby/Trengove, and we have Clurey ready to roll as well. What he brings is running ability/pace, but as a small it appears Pittard and Impey ... is this a case of trading out someone we have cover for because it gets us someone we need.

We were after Stanley last year, so it is a case of O'Shea out, Stanley and Goldsack in ? (possible pick swaps to balanace a trade with St Kilda)
[I'm just trying to think of reasons, and how this all fits together... but both Stanley/Goldsack can play forward, which Cam doesn't seem to have done]
Well richo does owe us give us montagna and Stanley :)

Richmond fans wanted him fired into the sun before they went on this run. He was atrocious.

And yet he was still an improvement to their KPD stocks. Laughable really.

What's this .... word coming out of Melbourne Goldsack signing with Port for 3 years.. will wait and see on this...

Could provide a solid 3rd tall option up forward, he also provides ridiculous pressure.
He could plug a hole in the backline to great effect, and can even tag if you need him too.

Great bloke and someone who id let go with our best wishes and hope he has a great career with Port.

goldsack would be a good get, can play as a defensive forward, could also play off the half back line and free up broadbent or pittard to play further up the ground. the money isnt a big issue, 400 000 a year for a 27 year old to come straight in to play his role isnt big money, really just what you would expect. this is the sort of move good clubs in our position make to take the next step......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back