South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty spot on backinmyday! I'll have a crack

FB: M.Phillips(dart) L.Malseed(Hey)
HB: J.Carter(hey) S.Jones(dart) M.Von duve (Dart)
C: T.O'Connell (try) S.Bouwman(dart) B.Millard(hey)
HF: V.Ryan(Dart) J.Bell(hey) M.Oldfield(dart)
FF: J.McRae(dart) D.Russell(col) P.Downs (branx)
Rucks: J.Vickery(Col) S.Brewer(branx) S.O'Brien (West)
Int: J.Imbi(hey),J.Lynch (Dart), J.Saunders(,hey)

Pretty good efforts there fellas will def be an intetesting count.
Im sticking with my earlier prediction of bouwman with JB and steve obrien not too far behind, bouwman has missed a few games but would surely have 6-7 clear best on grounds.
Ressies is always a hard one to pick, perhaps one of the fringe dartmoor players like aaron jones? Westerns damien compton has had a good year as has cavendishs sam Alexander.
As far as team of the year goes i think every club except maybe heathmere will be well represented, as backinmyday's extended bench indicates there will be some quality players to miss out. Not sure about the inclusion of egan and whale both have only played around 9 games i think, but ya never know.
Darcy russell from coleraine is surely a lock for u21. Looking forward to hearing results this time next week!

Finals starting next week!
Heywood vs coleraine in both grades on the Saturday at Dartmoor

And on the Sunday at heathmere
Westerns Vs Darras in the seniors
And Westerns vs Cavendish in the reserves.

Senior Best and Fairest: Stephen O'Brien
Runner up: Nathan Curtis

Reserves Best and Fairest: James Dyer
Runner up: Graham Duffy

Spec award: Marcus Von Duve
Reserves: Sam Alexander

Senior Goal Kicker: Jason Mcrae 100
Reserves Goal Kicker: Troy Duncan 52

Most disciplined club: Heathmere
Champion club: Heywood

Pauls award: John Bell and Stephen O'Brien
Under 21: Jordan Kane

Anyone seen the team of the year?? ( I know which Heywood guys got in)

Team of the year
FB: J.Haw (col) L.Malseed (hey) M.Phillips (Dart)
HB: M.Von Duve (Dart) S.Jones (Dart) J.Carter (Hey)
C: B.Millard (Hey) S.Bouwman(Dart) J.Lynch (Dart)
HF: M.Oldfield (dart) J.Bell (Hey) J.Saunders (hey)
FF: J.McRae ( Dart) D.Russell (col) P.Downs (branx)
Rucks: J.Vickery (col), V.Ryan (dart), S.O'Brien (west)
Int: M.Keem (west), J.Eats (col), N.Curtis (Cav), S.Brewer( Branx)

Interesting that N. Curtis, the runner up b'n'f, and S. Brewer (who was on the feild in most predictions) both end up on the bench I think.

For the reserves this week:
Dartmoor to beat Coleraine by 10 goals, proving just too good.
Heywood to beat Cavendish by 4 or 5 goals, depending on who they have playing!

Seniors:
Dartmoor beaten by Heywood by 2 goals in an upset, Heywoods experience pulls it all together to book a GF spot
Coleraine beaten by Tyrendarra by under a goal in a close one

I think its pretty fair they are on the bench, although they both featured heavily in the count, the players on the ball in the team were/are A grade mids from teams that made finals. Interesting point though.

Massive game tommorow up at coleraine
Obviously the big match up apart from the midfields is simon jones and john bell which should be awesome to see.
Both teams respective half backs will have their hands full and dartmoors phillips and von duve may be forced to not run off and set uo play as much if the woods mids can keep sending the ball forward.
Dartmoor by 5 goals
Should be a good game sunday as well, if the darras can find a matchup for darcy russell and tyson hogan they could well be in the game, however i think coleraines finals experience may get them through by 3-4 goals

Pretty good grand finals in the ressies and seniors for 2014. I was bit surprised with the BOG medalists.

I just hope the league have not missed a great opportunity of rep footy over the last three years. This years team would've been one of the best for a while.

Any news on player movement and/or clubs successfully or unsuccessfully recruiting players?

New to the page. Doesn't seem to be much going on in footy circles this time of year so might throw this out there. Anyone wanna have a crack at the best SW team of the past 10 or so years? Would be interesting to see peoples opinions

Round 15
Reserves
West def Branx 223-24 Hey def Dart 134-40 Cav def Heath 181-7 Tyr def Col 135-55
Plus I think Easterbrook got his 100...

Seniors
West def Branx 147-42 Hey def Dart 167-38 Cav def Heath 146-24 Col def Tyr 58-47
The last game mentioned would be the biggest talking point of the round with Darras taking it right up to Coleraine, in what was a preview to the elimination final to be played in 2 weeks. By the scoreline yesterday it seams the first final could still go either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's great to see such close competition towards the top of the ladder this year. Good change!

So what is everyone's opinions for the Team Of Year??

It's great to see such close competition towards the top of the ladder this year. Good change!

So what is everyone's opinions for the Team Of Year??
That would be good to see what people think, I've only really seen each team once other than my own...

Personally I'd think R. Gardiner would get one of the key backs, Vaughn, Wilson and Mcnaughton up forward, and Imbi, England and Curtis on the ball?

My team of the year-
B- J. Nash, C. Tossetti, J. Eats
HB- J. Imbi, R. Gardiner, M. Von Duve
C- J. Hawker, M. England, L .Kaine
HF- R. Mcnaughton, J. Bell, J. Jones
F- T. Vaughan, M. Wilson, D. Russell
R- J. Vickey T. O'Connell, N. Curtis
INT- S. Lovett, A. Richardson, H. Withers, T. Lovett

Last edited:
My team of the year-
B- J. Nash, C. Tossetti, J. Eats
HB- J. Imbi, R. Gardiner, M. Von Duve
C- J. Hawker, M. England, L .Kaine
HF- R. Mcnaughton, J. Bell, J. Jones
F- T. Vaughan, M. Wilson, D. Russell
R- J. Vickey T. O'Connell, N. Curtis
INT- S. Lovett, A. Richardson, H. Withers, T. Lovett
Good team but surely S. O'Brien gets a gig up forward or on the bench at the least.

Anyone know how many Vickery played?
Any tips for BnF's tomorrow?

I reckon Marcus England for the seniors and wouldn't have a clue in the reserves..!

Quick prediction for tonight's Best and Fairest:
1)M. England- Westerns
2)J.Jones- Heywood
3rd-6th)J. Imbi- Heywood J. Polaski- Dartmoor N. Curtis- Cavendish H. Withers- Tyrendarra

Not sure Vickery played in the ruck too much this year. Should be Lovett or the Tyrendarra ruckman I reckon. England hard to beat, gets a lot of the footy, big name, first year in the league....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back