Preview Round 23: Sydney Swans V Richmond Tigers @ ANZ Stadium 30/08/2014 - 4:40 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard flog Matthew Lloyd say on 3aw tonight that John Longmire had a meeting with his players on Monday and printed off all the Richmond players tweets about playing this weekend (ie. how they can't wait for Saturday, bring it on etc), told his players that they need to put richmond back in their place. Subsequently, some of the Richmond players have now deleted their tweets. Mind games have begun!

So they will let us win by putting us back into the finals?

Are you flying in?

940am Shitstar.

Reason I'm nervous on fog is this...was in Perth during the week, caught 530pm flight back to Melb, got to within half an hour of Tulla and turned around due to fog...back to Perth!!!! Absolute mayhem on board, only partially controlled by rolling out the drinks trolley. Absolute disaster.
Ended up in a conference centre near a racetrack, fighting with Virgin at 1.30am about a replacement flight the next morning. They put me on 530am to Sydney, two hours stopover there then on to Melb. "get ****ed" I said. Anyway, ended up on a 10am Qantas direct (thanks for asking).

The fog's been here mate. Didnt lift til lunchtime today.
Apparently taking off in it aint so bad as landing in it. RodneyDangerfield ? you the expert?
Yeah landing is the he big thing.
But if it's real bad the whole movement area is pretty much a no go zone.
The other problem is if it's foggy in Melbourne, Sydney get log jammed with all Melb arrivals and vice versa.
Hopefully it just stays away.

I heard flog Matthew Lloyd say on 3aw tonight that John Longmire had a meeting with his players on Monday and printed off all the Richmond players tweets about playing this weekend (ie. how they can't wait for Saturday, bring it on etc), told his players that they need to put richmond back in their place. Subsequently, some of the Richmond players have now deleted their tweets. Mind games have begun!
Would never have happened back in Jack Dyers day.

Did the tweets say we were going to win, or that we were looking forward to the game?

Because of course they're going to say they're looking forward to tomorrow. They're not gonna say "yeah I'm shittin my dacks over the thought of playing Sydney".

Did the tweets say we were going to win, or that we were looking forward to the game?

Because of course they're going to say they're looking forward to tomorrow. They're not gonna say "yeah I'm shittin my dacks over the thought of playing Sydney".

Pretty sure it was the 'can't wait' etc etc to gee them up and make them realise that you guys will go in hard.

lol longmire norf flog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah landing is the he big thing.
But if it's real bad the whole movement area is pretty much a no go zone.
The other problem is if it's foggy in Melbourne, Sydney get log jammed with all Melb arrivals and vice versa.
Hopefully it just stays away.
That's true...but trust me...I can feel it in my waters. No fog in Sydney tomorrow.

I work at the airport. Here now and will be Til 8am
I will know all the aircraft movements so I'll let you know if flights are delayed.
Although I don't know what you'd do if they are!
It's clear as a bell ATM.
Lol. This is BigFooty when the Tiggs are on the verge. Love it.

The fog's been here mate. Didnt lift til lunchtime today.
Apparently taking off in it aint so bad as landing in it. RodneyDangerfield ? you the expert?
It was foggy this morning? I couldn't tell as the fog was so thick.
It was still this morning and we had fog. Tomorrow morning it's expected to be windy and no fog. But that's enough of weather reporting at 20 paces for me.

Reeks of Longmire clutching at straws to me.

I personally hope Sydney are fired up and we STILL beat them. Send all the tweets you want. Fill their whiteboard with them.

Let's kill 'em.

Wow, so looking at the ladder wasn't enough for the swans players to think we would be up for this game, it took tweets to do it....
If it's true it is hilariously arrogant on Longmire's part. I can only imagine how fired up his lot must be after reading how Ricky Petterd is "Super excited to play this weekend" clearly we need to be taken down a peg!

If it's true it is hilariously arrogant on Longmire's part. I can only imagine how fired up his lot must be after reading how Ricky Petterd is "Super excited to play this weekend" clearly we need to be taken down a peg!

In defence of Longmire, how hard would it be to get a group of players who already have a home final sewn up. Most would be mulling over next week. Have to try something different to switch them on

CAN anyone confirm this for me please?

A few years back if I recall correctly we needed Adelaide to lose to St. Kilda (or the other way around) in either the last or second last round in order to make a finals appearances, and as usual things didn't go our way. I'm almost positive that was the case, however can't recall the year or the scenario but if that s**t happens again remote is going straight through the TV and the couch out the window haha

Sundays paper is either going be in the bin shredded or in a frame. Hopefully the latter.

Lol. This is BigFooty when the Tiggs are on the verge. Love it.
Was thinking the same....

Dont you guys have a game this weekend?

Is there a seperate thread to talk about flight conditions?

Goodluck lads! Hoping you lose (WC fan) but if you manage to get over shitney then you well & truly deserve the spot in the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back