TheWhiteRhino

Premiership Player
Apr 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney
I can't believe all this talk that a Hawthorn flag would be one of the greatest because of the "extreme adversity" they have faced this year.

No doubt they have missed some key players for extended periods and been forced to draw on a number of fringe players, but their injury list is certainly not unheard of.

Also, referring to the Buddy "loss" as another huge obstacle makes no sense for a number of reasons:

1. The Hawks were compensated for his loss (albeit for less than market value).

2. The Hawks adjusted their game style over 12 months ago so they'd be well prepared for the post-Buddy era.

3. Buddy is certainly not the first or last key player to leave a finals' contender.

4. Buddy's loss has been more than covered by the additions of players like Lake, Gunston and Gibson from rival clubs over the years.

A Hawks premiership would certainly be a great feat, but IMO there would be many more against the odds flags that would rank ahead of it.

Thoughts?

1.I think your under-rating Franklin if your comparing his output to Mcevoy

2.No We have not we are playing the exact same style of football, What the hell is this? Do you watch football?

3.So because it's happened before once upon a time it's not adversity or a challenge? Ill tell the next person who climbs Everest "Hey man,. its done before, whatever,"

4.Your only tangable point, No need to make a thread, we all know

1.I think your under-rating Franklin if your comparing his output to Mcevoy

2.No We have not we are playing the exact same style of football, What the hell is this? Do you watch football?

3.So because it's happened before once upon a time it's not adversity or a challenge? Ill tell the next person who climbs Everest "Hey man,. its done before, whatever,"

4.Your only tangable point, No need to make a thread, we all know

1. I didn't compare their output.

2. Are you telling me the Hawks didn't become less Buddy focused in the season or two before he left and deliberately play to focus on other avenues to goal? Funny, I just heard Clarkson say exactly that in the press conference. Do you even watch footy?

3. So a flag this year would be equivalent to climbing Everest? Miss the part where I said it would be a great feat but certainly not one of the greatest wins ever?

4. Glad you agree with me.

The hawkie supporters whine about injuries all the time. It is their thing.

In 2009 they thought their season was derailed by the loss of Simon Taylor.
Taylor played every game! That was the problem. Now replace these
Lake
Mitchell
Sewell
Rioli
Gibson
Stratton...
And I'm not even gonna even bother with the players who missed thru smaller injuries plus all those players missed at the same time.

But lol what how does like pick 19 compensate losing one of our best players, especially in terms of 2014? ******* lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've done remarkably well to this point considering the tough hurdles we've faced throughout the year. We lost the best forward in the competition and yet we are still by far and away the highest scoring side in league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back