Review Collingwood v Hawthorn postmatch

Remove this Banner Ad

Tradebait - Fasolo or just give him away
Depth player Armstrong
Blair in our best 22, some of you don't appreciate what he does, perhaps the same people that knocked Sidebottom?
Liked Gault, third forward so Reid can move back?
White tried hard all night.
Pendlebury obviously carrying an injury.
Thimas and Broomhead tried but stuffed from last game.
Love Frost, Langdon and Goldy
Witts will be better than Sandilands.

The first quarter and half the second we're good, defensive efforts were there and the ball movement was sharper and more precise than we've seen for most of the season. Witts and Grundy are beginning to combine nicely, we should see more improvement next season with both these two.

Young brigade are showing signs of what they are capable of, and with more games under their belts and playing together as a cohesive unit our future looks bright : Broomhead, Adams, Langdon and Frost.

There's a lot to like about our boys and some real positives coming up for 2015.

GO PIES ....... Side by Side

Sidebottom's performance was overrated IMO but still good. He had way too many kicks were he just hacked forward.
Lumumba tried to create at least.

White looked good but couldn't finish off.

Pendelbury seemed like the only one with a brain out there.

Our link up game was horrible. We couldn't get our outside players into the game. I think most of the problem was we just hacked the ball forward instead of hanpassing it around.

Fasolo, trade while he still has currency.

Blair, forgot he was playing till he kicked that goal. WTF did we give him a contract extension?

Josh Thomas didn't do enough inside the contest. He is a vannilla inside mid. He isn't a good kick like Beams or an extractor like Adams and Ball or have the outside game of Swan.

Our outside players like Armstrong and Broomhead couldn't get into the game because our link up work was horrible and when we got contest possessions we just hacked it forward.

Depth player Armstrong
Blair in our best 22, some of you don't appreciate what he does, perhaps the same people that knocked Sidebottom?

Never EVER put blair in the same bracket as sidebottom

Can someone pls knock the living f**k out of mcclure. That dude is one annoying brick s**t face who knows f**k all about football

Depth player Armstrong
Fasalo needs an injury free pre-season and to not be played as a backman, ever.

Fasalo needs an injury free pre-season and to not be played as a backman, ever.
No what he needs is a football brain. Doesn't do enough off the ball, minds space instead of creating it. Leads his opponent to the ball. Can't hold on to a tackle, doesn't do the team things.
For mine - trade or he plays in the VFL, others before him.

I think that this pre season we no longer need to practice hand passing to a team mates feet. We seem to have mastered it so no need to work on that any more.
Still think we will be a top 8 team next year. I think we may even surprise some people and compete for a top 4 position.
There is some real potential amongst the younger players and I think next year some of them will start taking the next step.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.jpg

Have a look at that worm ...

Our young guns matched the Hawks for over three quarters. It was only a 10 minute period at the end of the second / start of the third, and a five minute period at the start of the last that we lost it

Hard to know how to feel after that. Team played well for a q and a bit. Was in many ways our best performance against the Hawks since the 2011 PF. Although it didn't last long it was the 1st time we have worried Hawthorn in the last 7games. I don't know they were very worried but it was a good effort to push them with the team we had in. Fell away pretty badly from mid 2nd but not a surprise.

Hats off and big respect to Jordan Lewis. Didn't * around after the game and made sure all the hawks boys quickly made a guard of honour for Bally. Kudos to Hodgey as well for being a part of it. Was the highlight of my night being able to clap Bally off the ground after his final game. Well done champion on a great career and being part of our 2010 premiership team. The time is right to hang them up but you will be missed.

One of the strangest night's at the footy in a while, got a bit fired up early when we were having a crack and going well (and the Hawks were asleep) but once we fell away, and they fired up it wasn't fun at all.

The crowd was great for Bally though, ovation every time he took a mark or got a clear kick, will miss him for sure.

Oh well it's over, onto the VFL, then the traded, FA and drafts, where we look to build on our promising young list.

Went to game today and I thought we did not terrible. Won the 1st Qtr and we could of lost by lot more.

But the Hawks fans are Terrible - There is arrogant is drives me mad

Depth player Armstrong

Time and time again Blair gets found out against the top sides, especially Hawthorn. We know what he can do well but he doesn't do it when it truly matters against the cream of the crop. Sidebottom is a star and a very different player to Blairy.

Went to game today and I thought we did not terrible. Won the 1st Qtr and we could of lost by lot more.

But the Hawks fans are Terrible - There is arrogant is drives me mad

Know what you mean. I had a cousin on FB who was carrying on tonight. Most arrogant supporters and that includes Geelong supporters.

Was at the game and two players stood out to me as having played horribly. They were Lumumba and Fasolo. I understand Lumumba tries to take the game on but he does it when it isn't necessary. Fasolo is just a flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back