Review Collingwood v Hawthorn postmatch

Remove this Banner Ad

Time and time again Blair gets found out against the top sides, especially Hawthorn. We know what he can do well but he doesn't do it when it truly matters against the cream of the crop. Sidebottom is a star and a very different player to Blairy.
Have always thought Sidebottom is a star but don't agree with people's opinion of Blair. He has been expected to play like a tall and out of position due to our injuries and young players. He still has credits in the bank for mine.

Know what you mean. I had a cousin on FB who was carrying on tonight. Most arrogant supporters and that includes Geelong supporters.

Had a Bunch of them near me I was wanting to Punch

Agree with your last part. The most arrogant and smug supporters in the league. Eastern suburb, private school flogs.

Hence I will be cheering for Swans, Power or Cats to beat them.

Swans fans don't affect me, maybe because they aren't a Victorian team and their players play tough footy.

Cats are a highly respectable team, their fans are 30/70... Majority being tolerable and respectful.

Power fans... Similar with Sydney fans... Of course it would be totally different if I was a Crows fan or a Magpie fan living in Adelaide.

Agree with your last part. The most arrogant and smug supporters in the league. Eastern suburb, private school flogs.

They are tossers of the highest order. Can't wait to see Buddy holding up the cup at their expense. Has any player ever won back to back flags at two different clubs?

I don't get the Fas hate. He's 22 coming back from missing most of last year through injury. Sure, he might be a ******, but he has some very handyattributes that would make him a very good AFL player, even a couple of uninterrupted preseasons he could push into the middle.
One reason from this game. Fasolo had the ball and had a bit of space but a couple of players getting closer. There were three collingwood players in the middle screaming at him to kick it to them. What he does instead is wait for a minute till the Hawthorn player pressures him and kicks it straight to a bloody Hawthorn player on his own.

I don't get the Fas hate. He's 22 coming back from missing most of last year through injury. Sure, he might be a ******, but he has some very handyattributes that would make him a very good AFL player, even a couple of uninterrupted preseasons he could push into the middle.
It's a strange one, Bucks has talked about not playing Patty Karnezis because he basically wasn't fit enough, yet tonight Fasolo and Seedsman looked so short of a run too. Without having inside knowledge from what I've seen there's very little fitness wise between the three of them.

Basically a season written off because of injury for all 3, just like so many more.

He's got all the tools but to me it's clear he has just about zero fitness. Needs a huge pre season and we did see briefly at the start of the year the kind of footy he can produce. 2015 is the big season for him. 5th year in the system and needs to start performing well on a consistent basis. Leave him across half forward. Should be the kind of player that can roll into the midfield and then push hard forward to kick goals. Exactly the player Breust is for Hawthorn. Just needs a decent run at it without injury.

Tough year guys! I haven't seen a side cop as much bad luck to the end of a season with injuries as you guys have! I hope Dwyer's ok, I reckon he's quite a good player. Heard Grundy may have been injured too? Ridiculous

Anyway, I wouldn't be too upset, you've blooded many kids and cranking games into them, seasons like this will matter in 2-3 years time because these young guys will have the amount of games under their belt needed to really perform well. You have a great crop of kids and will only add more, I see a pretty good future for your club because you still have Pendlebury, Cloke, Reid, Beams, Sidebottom etc in a good age group, when they're 200-250 plus players, you should have a very talented group underneath them and be a challenger for awhile. Just my 2 cents of your future.

I have huge respect for your club and I'm one of those opposition supporters that just has never hated you guys. Your players and club aren't arrogant like a Geelong is. You don't get handouts like the Swans do and the way your club is run is the right way to go about it. Helps that I really like some of your players, especially Pendles.

Good luck for next year, surely you're due for some luck and I reckon by 2016-17 you will be back into the top 4 and challenging for flags. Btw who do you think will win the BnF for you guys? Is it just out of Pendles and Beams or are there any smokies?

Was at the game and two players stood out to me as having played horribly. They were Lumumba and Fasolo. I understand Lumumba tries to take the game on but he does it when it isn't necessary. Fasolo is just a flog.
Fas gets up some peoples noses because he is a bit of a flog but he is a good footballer. Has had 4 seasons now with 2013 a write off for injury. This year wasn't much better with no pre season and injuries on and off. His 1st 2 seasons were great and he can build on that. I see Elliott and Fas as our 2 natural small forwards who can build on their tank to eventually take on some midfield time. Bit like Breust is starting to do.

Fasolo showed a lot more than say a Broomhead or Kennedy in his 1st 2 seasons and we would be crazy to trade him out while his stocks are low. Is one of the players who if injury free can be expected to be significantly improved in 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One reason from this game. Fasolo had the ball and had a bit of space but a couple of players getting closer. There were three collingwood players in the middle screaming at him to kick it to them. What he does instead is wait for a minute till the Hawthorn player pressures him and kicks it straight to a bloody Hawthorn player on his own.

I was right in the vicinity of this kick and it sums up our year. He looked in board but just didn't have the confidence to pull trigger then waited and waited then chipped it 25m in the air straight to the hawks player.

Tough year guys! I haven't seen a side cop as much bad luck to the end of a season with injuries as you guys have! I hope Dwyer's ok, I reckon he's quite a good player. Heard Grundy may have been injured too? Ridiculous

Anyway, I wouldn't be too upset, you've blooded many kids and cranking games into them, seasons like this will matter in 2-3 years time because these young guys will have the amount of games under their belt needed to really perform well. You have a great crop of kids and will only add more, I see a pretty good future for your club because you still have Pendlebury, Cloke, Reid, Beams, Sidebottom etc in a good age group, when they're 200-250 plus players, you should have a very talented group underneath them and be a challenger for awhile. Just my 2 cents of your future.

I have huge respect for your club and I'm one of those opposition supporters that just has never hated you guys. Your players and club aren't arrogant like a Geelong is. You don't get handouts like the Swans do and the way your club is run is the right way to go about it. Helps that I really like some of your players, especially Pendles.

Good luck for next year, surely you're due for some luck and I reckon by 2016-17 you will be back into the top 4 and challenging for flags. Btw who do you think will win the BnF for you guys? Is it just out of Pendles and Beams or are there any smokies?
Make sure that Fremantle dont win the premiership and I'll be happy.

[Q

Yep, he's still hungry. Did like his first goal though, not sure it was genuine but he was looking round as soon as he marked.

It's a strange one, Bucks has talked about not playing Patty Karnezis because he basically wasn't fit enough, yet tonight Fasolo and Seedsman looked so short of a run too. Without having inside knowledge from what I've seen there's very little fitness wise between the three of them.

Basically a season written off because of injury for all 3, just like so many more.

Yeah, I can't explain why Patty didn't get a run, especially considering he has probably shown more at AFL level than Seedsman, especially given our forwardline woes. It probably sums up teams selection this year though.

Just beat the Cola Kings will you?

I am in the trade Fasolo camp, he is not professional enough and I thought he was awful today.

I would play him forward and forward only, no midfield time and no time in deffence but in the mean time if we can use him to get something decent I would be all for it.

He is just dumb to be playing anywhere other than forward, he is also one of those players I can never get myself to love. No wonder he was a Carlton fan growing up, I can see the similarities haha.

Apart from the Fasolo bashing, really proud of the guys today.

Fas gets up some peoples noses because he is a bit of a flog but he is a good footballer. Has had 4 seasons now with 2013 a write off for injury. This year wasn't much better with no pre season and injuries on and off. His 1st 2 seasons were great and he can build on that. I see Elliott and Fas as our 2 natural small forwards who can build on their tank to eventually take on some midfield time. Bit like Breust is starting to do.

Fasolo showed a lot more than say a Broomhead or Kennedy in his 1st 2 seasons and we would be crazy to trade him out while his stocks are low. Is one of the players who if injury free can be expected to be significantly improved in 2015.
One problem is I feel is that he doesn't give enough, even in the first quarters after a brilliant goal or mark he seems content with just that and not getting anything else. He isn't very consistent (most likely attributed to his lack of fitness). He is also an absolute flog, and I dislike him even more since he reminds me of people I know who I cant stand.

[Q

Yep, he's still hungry. Did like his first goal though, not sure it was genuine but he was looking round as soon as he marked.

Yeah, I can't explain why Patty didn't get a run, especially considering he has probably shown more at AFL level than Seedsman, especially given our forwardline woes. It probably sums up teams selection this year though.
Both had seasons significantly affected by injury but still think Seedsman is still a fair way ahead. Karnesis been on lists for 4 seasons now and only 21 games with only 3 in the last 2. Shows some VFL promise but is still very much a speculative hope re becoming an AFL standard player. Seedsman , although virtually the same age, has shown much more in the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Both had seasons significantly effected by injury but still think Seedsman is a dip fair way ahead. Karnesis been on lists for 4 seasons now and only 21 games with only 3 in the last 2. Shows some VFL promise but is still very much a speculative hope re becoming an AFL standard player. Seedsman , although virtually the same age has shown much more in the last 2 seasons.

I might read too much into his 2013 preseason premiership (lol) performances but he showed quite alot before Voss tried to turn him into a winger as opposed to a dangerous FP/third tall. I don't trust the Seed in the backline, he has all the attributes to make a great winger though which i hope is the long term plan once the fitness builds up. You're not wrong though, there is very little between them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back