Autopsy Hawks vs The Party Pies...cold and soggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought sewell was well off tonight.

And can we just make a damn call where the * we are going to play schoe and leave him there for at least one whole game?? Tonight it seemed he would spend ten mins down back, then ten down forward.. rinse bloody repeat. At one point he was defending in the forward line like he forgot which end he was at.

Can't stand the way the media fawn over Buckley. They think he is the best thing since sliced bread just because he tells them what they want to hear, never mind that as a coach he is a complete dud! He can talk the talk but he can't walk the walk.
Must admit I don't like him as a coach, but he is a decent media personality, so I can see why the media like him.

And I add to the chorus of those bemoaning the slow starts. I am really not feeling confident heading into the finals series.

Though also have to agree that finishing where we have on the ladder with the year we have had, is a freaking great achievement.

Geez that reporters joke about Gunston in the presser went down like a lead balloon...
#AWKWARD
that was so *ingg lame. he needs to be shown the door NOW...

I sorta wanted clarko to rip him a new one, but more respect for biting his tongue and just saying yeah ok fckwit and walking away...

Thought sewell was well off tonight.

And can we just make a damn call where the * we are going to play schoe and leave him there for at least one whole game?? Tonight it seemed he would spend ten mins down back, then ten down forward.. rinse bloody repeat. At one point he was defending in the forward line like he forgot which end he was at.

Tbh I don't think it mattered tonight - he looked totally out of sorts both ends. He just needs to watch the ball and attack it rather than the man - at one point he lost his man completely in defence at a bounce and focused on looking around for him rather than what was going on right in front of him.

I've been a shoe supporter but tonight he was poor

Congratulations to another fantastic season by the HFC finishing second on the AFL ladder.

Especially after all the adversity that this great club has gone through this year.

Now lets go win that Flag

Another good game and season by Roughead, to finish second in the Coleman medal race, after winning it last year, is a sign of a superstar for someone that play's the ruck rover/forward role.

Great afford also to have two off our players in Gunston and Breust kicking 50 plus goals playing similar roles.

Also a special mention has to go to our coach and coaching stuff after ones again adding something deferent to our game style, this unpredictability which ones again has revolutionized the footy world, combined with Clarkson's cluster, in order to give us this very realistic opportunity to go back to back, after all the adversity that our great club has gone though this year.

Go Hawks...There's history in the making right here, to take this great hawthorn footy Club to another lever which will never be archived by any AFL Team Ever.:footy::thumbsu:

Despite all the extra cash and favouritism, by the AFL to the Sydney Cheat's etc...

Last edited:
How long are they going to keep on this interview with Buckley, it must be over 15 mins already, they go on and on . I cant see the colliwobbles winning a GF with Buckley as a coach. I am very happy the 3 stooges on C7,picked the tainted swans to win this year, BUT they forget one thing, THEY ALL picked the Dockers to win last year. They never like admitting or talking about it, when we flogged the Dockers.. Shove it, all of you commentators and journalists, I just hope we prove you wrong AGAIN this year, like we did last year.. upload_2014-8-29_23-39-13.jpeg

Harley, Matthews, & Carey. Should be four Stooges with McAvaney

Good to see Clarko backing Punky tonight Guy has kicked 53 goals as a small forward and added 28 goal assists this year, that is elite.

He's set a high standard for himself when 15 disposals, 4 clearances, 4 tackles, 6 inside 50s a goal and two assists is considered a down game

Breust is now up to 68 consecutive games and 28 in a row kicking 1 or more goals - he is averaging over 2 goals a game in that streak.

Would love to see him have a finals series like Gunner did last year to really announce to the world how good he is

Tbh I don't think it mattered tonight - he looked totally out of sorts both ends. He just needs to watch the ball and attack it rather than the man - at one point he lost his man completely in defence at a bounce and focused on looking around for him rather than what was going on right in front of him.

I've been a shoe supporter but tonight he was poor
Fully agree that he was poor tonight. Just think the lack of a role played a part.
He actually looks like the season has gone on a bit long for him.
He has had a heavy load for first year back. Imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing what happens when you demand people think a little and not just go through the motions. Those press conferences are just stupid.
What? Mark Stevens getting his 15 minutes of fame every week stupid? Heaven forbid!

It's downright embarassing that one reporter monopolises a presser. It's also selfish & leads to the Gunston question because any/everyone else is just desperate to say something - anything - to shut Stevens up.

Good win hawks.
Really good form giving Bally a great send off too, but I think everyone loves Luke Ball.

Great player among good company. Just image how good the 1,2,3 of 2001 could have been if they weren't so banged up by injuries.

What? Mark Stevens getting his 15 minutes of fame every week stupid? Heaven forbid!

It's downright embarassing that one reporter monopolises a presser. It's also selfish & leads to the Gunston question because any/everyone else is just desperate to say something - anything - to shut Stevens up.

It is indeed. Take solace for the fact he works for the Herald Sun. His professional standing is on par with that of a black market organ harvester.

His face might be on camera, but we all know he drives the clown car home at night.

It's their fans I'm being rough on.
Hey don't be too rough. Seriously wish your team well for the finals, you follow a great team, also kudos to your players for the respect shown to Bally.

Hawks a great team, looked like they barely raised a gallop and still had a 10 goal win.

Jordan Lewis an absolute jet and great leader, his call to lead the boys over to give Ball a send off.

Unfortunately, on-field leadership is sorely lacking at the Pies and Hawks spoilt with many quality leaders.

Enjoy the finals and the Hawks best ever winning streak against the Pies!!

Hawks a great team, looked like they barely raised a gallop and still had a 10 goal win.

Jordan Lewis an absolute jet and great leader, his call to lead the boys over to give Ball a send off.

Unfortunately, on-field leadership is sorely lacking at the Pies and Hawks spoilt with many quality leaders.

Enjoy the finals and the Hawks best ever winning streak against the Pies!!

Good luck for next year mate, Pies deserve some better luck next year. Got a bright future ahead of you, some very good kids to work with.

Insipid first quarter but never felt like it was going to be anything but a 10 goal win in the end.

Respect to Collingwood playing as well as they did for as long as they could. All the talk of them actually trying to win to get a finals spot I thought would just be talk but they genuinely wanted it and I think for a period early on legitimately thought they could get it. They'll be a really strong team again in a few years time I'm sure.

Hope Lake is OK. Gunston didn't look too happy singing after the game last week either but then he came out and kicked 5 so who knows. Probably just sore and tired and wanted to get home to bed.

Party at kimbopen's. She guessed the crowd at the G.

grizzlym Those party pies are cold and out of date.

My guess was 48,954. Must've been "closest to the pin", as the actual crowd number was 48,973!

Have absolutely no idea what I've won though! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back