North Central Football League - 2013 and Beyond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M4s instead of making us wait for Saturday, who will come in for the Saints that didn't play against the burn? Is Rocco qualified, hows Thorneys and Coughlins hammys travelling?? Biggest loss for the Saints is Sammy Dyke. leaves a big hole.

M4s instead of making us wait for Saturday, who will come in for the Saints that didn't play against the burn? Is Rocco qualified, hows Thorneys and Coughlins hammys travelling?? Biggest loss for the Saints is Sammy Dyke. leaves a big hole.

I have no idea on the makeup of the side mate, I'm no selector. (And I certainly don't envy their job

Tungatalum is qualified, you only need 2 to qualify.

And agree re: Dykie, his development over the last few years is huge.

Danny Benaim about it truck, and Big King.

Annnnnnnnnnnd we are back!!!!! Unfortunately I won't be donning the red and black dogga, I was looking at flights home but they all had a connector in Darwin, all the seats were booked out, Amazing!!!!!
Good to see a bit of banter flying around, can smell september and premierships can't we all.
Truck, please don't tell me you don't want this granny? I've had to sit and listen to you boys whinge and whine until it nearly makes my ears bleed about how good your ground is and how it has the best atmosphere blah blah, I'm not disagreeing with the decision either, I think it would be a ripping ground to watch the granny at and the canteen staff aren't bad either ;-) So for that reason I will be hoping for a Wedderburn v's St Darwin granny, but unfortunately, I cannot see that being the case. Charlton would have to be firming like an old bachelor watching late night SBS? After Hog Mcgrath Jnr nailed one after the siren to seal the deal last week they would have to give themselves a massive shot? Was there any injuries to come from the game? I heard Gash has hurt the string a bit but should be fine for first final.
Also who was old mate that thinks Barnes is an umpires pet, couldn't agree more, he bullies backman, his sharp tongue and a bullish like frame that gets thrown around in genuine 1 on 1 contests should be penalised............
And Lance being upset with the loss?? You honestly want to tell Robin Letts to hang up the nib and scroll and you take charge mate, ground breaking!
Truck whats the go in the 2's? Donald any chance to snatch a flag from 4th? They won't the 1's in so a couple could drop back and strengthen them? Pretty open race isn't it?

Whats everyone's thoughts on the feeney?
I know Herdman got over the line for the B&F at wedderburn on saturday night, would imagine he would poll rather well.

Surely Cam Taylor will clean up in the 2's?

Anyone willing to tip a winner for saturdays game? If you can keep Needsy to just the single carton of king browns on friday night I recon you are a shoe in.

Also what is the most likely possibility for the league in 2015? I would hope that we head south as mentioned in previous posts otherwise I agree recruiting would much more difficult, a trip to Beulah would put off a lot of Melbourne recruits I can assure you of that. How would the likes of Pyramid and a few of those go in our league?

I think Donald are as good a chance as anyone in the twos,

Charlton won't be able to stack in their semi either, and if the ones lose, the same goes for the prelim... Straight sets surely a chance

I tipped Jesse smith at the start of the year. (Feeny). I'll stick with it, probably not enough wins though

As for saturday, we can't let the bulls get a roll on, they tend to run with it...

Who goes to Tyler? Needs? Castellano? McNamee? Hutchins? Douglas? Ratcliffe?

Cusack or noonan to needs (depending on Jakes ankle)
Carland to McNamee

League as is for 2015, review to be completed by the end of next season.

I have no issues with hopetoun, only gotta do it once. Twice once every 3 years

Annnnnnnnnnnd we are back!!!!! Unfortunately I won't be donning the red and black dogga, I was looking at flights home but they all had a connector in Darwin, all the seats were booked out, Amazing!!!!!
Good to see a bit of banter flying around, can smell september and premierships can't we all.
Truck, please don't tell me you don't want this granny? I've had to sit and listen to you boys whinge and whine until it nearly makes my ears bleed about how good your ground is and how it has the best atmosphere blah blah, I'm not disagreeing with the decision either, I think it would be a ripping ground to watch the granny at and the canteen staff aren't bad either ;-) So for that reason I will be hoping for a Wedderburn v's St Darwin granny, but unfortunately, I cannot see that being the case. Charlton would have to be firming like an old bachelor watching late night SBS? After Hog Mcgrath Jnr nailed one after the siren to seal the deal last week they would have to give themselves a massive shot? Was there any injuries to come from the game? I heard Gash has hurt the string a bit but should be fine for first final.
Also who was old mate that thinks Barnes is an umpires pet, couldn't agree more, he bullies backman, his sharp tongue and a bullish like frame that gets thrown around in genuine 1 on 1 contests should be penalised............
And Lance being upset with the loss?? You honestly want to tell Robin Letts to hang up the nib and scroll and you take charge mate, ground breaking!
Truck whats the go in the 2's? Donald any chance to snatch a flag from 4th? They won't the 1's in so a couple could drop back and strengthen them? Pretty open race isn't it?

Whats everyone's thoughts on the feeney?
I know Herdman got over the line for the B&F at wedderburn on saturday night, would imagine he would poll rather well.

Surely Cam Taylor will clean up in the 2's?

Anyone willing to tip a winner for saturdays game? If you can keep Needsy to just the single carton of king browns on friday night I recon you are a shoe in.

Also what is the most likely possibility for the league in 2015? I would hope that we head south as mentioned in previous posts otherwise I agree recruiting would much more difficult, a trip to Beulah would put off a lot of Melbourne recruits I can assure you of that. How would the likes of Pyramid and a few of those go in our league?

Yeah mate we'd love the big dance! and should be a cracking show when the Redbacks and Navys square off again!

Has Trav Baird played much across half back this year?? played some real good footy for square across half back wouldn't be the silliest of moves if they were having trouble with Herdy!

Cam Taylor should win the 2's, but he took himself out of the umpires eyes when he kicked 8 and stayed at full forward for the rest of the year!

I don't think Donald are as strong as they have been in the last few years. I think its a bit of a 3 horse race between the other Blues, Saints and Redbacks. I think it might come down to what senior sides are playing!

Nothing against Barnyard, would love him in the Red and Blue Strip, its more the way footy has gone in the past few years, it has made it easier for forwards to get a kick (except when I'm up forward), over the shoulder, chopping the arms! When you've got good delivery a backman is near out of the contest!

It happens down town too, but umpires are very reluctant to pay a free kick for dropping the footy during a tackle. Good tackles should be rewarded!

After a week off and i think the Thunder should roll the Bulls who had a pretty solid hit out last week.

Jim Coatsworth took out the Demons BnF ahead of Rick.

Any rumors circulating??

Everyone got a coach for next year?

Yeah mate we'd love the big dance! and should be a cracking show when the Redbacks and Navys square off again!

Has Trav Baird played much across half back this year?? played some real good footy for square across half back wouldn't be the silliest of moves if they were having trouble with Herdy!

Cam Taylor should win the 2's, but he took himself out of the umpires eyes when he kicked 8 and stayed at full forward for the rest of the year!

I don't think Donald are as strong as they have been in the last few years. I think its a bit of a 3 horse race between the other Blues, Saints and Redbacks. I think it might come down to what senior sides are playing!

Nothing against Barnyard, would love him in the Red and Blue Strip, its more the way footy has gone in the past few years, it has made it easier for forwards to get a kick (except when I'm up forward), over the shoulder, chopping the arms! When you've got good delivery a backman is near out of the contest!

It happens down town too, but umpires are very reluctant to pay a free kick for dropping the footy during a tackle. Good tackles should be rewarded!

After a week off and i think the Thunder should roll the Bulls who had a pretty solid hit out last week.

Any rumors circulating??

Any rumors circulating??

don't write off saints no one knows how good they might be and anyone could win the twos Saints and redbacks For granny and saints and any one of the other 3 in the twos it's that even

don't write off saints no one knows how good they might be and anyone could win the twos Saints and redbacks For granny and saints and any one of the other 3 in the twos it's that even

You mean St Marys capeweed?

Yeh Truck I agree with the Baird-Herdy match up, in my eyes I couldn't see a better option, if you let Herdy run free and be the hit up half forward all day he'll take 20 marks and bomb it quickly into barnyard one on one, even if he only grabs half of those thats 10 goals, fair way towards a win. Morgdogga tell me who they matched up on Barnes and Herdy Saturday? I think Herdy spent the day on the back flank but he got best on so i'm assuming it wasn't a defensive tag?
Truck I see Dec been in the best a fair few times, how'd he poll?
What day is the Feeney?

F

Yeh Truck I agree with the Baird-Herdy match up, in my eyes I couldn't see a better option, if you let Herdy run free and be the hit up half forward all day he'll take 20 marks and bomb it quickly into barnyard one on one, even if he only grabs half of those thats 10 goals, fair way towards a win. Morgdogga tell me who they matched up on Barnes and Herdy Saturday? I think Herdy spent the day on the back flank but he got best on so i'm assuming it wasn't a defensive tag?
What day is the Feeney?[/QUOTE
Feeny tonite st Mary's ,bendigo and Essendon district , call them what you like that's the way footy is going now ,hope Charlton do well but it's pretty hard going against the imports

What day is the Feeney?
Feeny tonite ,St Mary's Bendigo, Essendon district that's the way it's going hope Charlton do well against the imports hard gig one thinks

What day is the Feeney?
The new poster boy of Long sleeves won the Fenny, yeah dec polled pretty well towards the end of the year couldn't give you a number though sorry champ

This is a pet peeve of mine... If the ball "comes out in the tackle" is that not incorrect disposal?

If the ball spills free, as the player is tackled and it's judged no prior... Is that not also incorrect disposal!

If you're bouncing and get tackled, you're gone when the ball touches the ground , why isn't this the case when being tackled, and the ball spills to the ground?

So much inconsistency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams are up on the NCFL Facebook and app too.

I know you have posted it here a couple of times before rocco, but for a couple of newbies and some people that didn't get onto it, do you think you could just give us the rundown on getting and logging into the app please. Cheers big wheels

No worries... Head to the App Store, download "team app"

When downloaded, at the bottom there's an option to register

Click that, fill it out, follow the prompts...

When registered, log in and search for "north central football league"

Enter that, you'll be prompted to join NCFL... "Select this option" and you're away

Whats everyones tips?
I'll have the redbacks by 25 points.
In- Danny Benaim and Jake Hayes
Out- Dan Gash and Jas Hannah

Anyone got the Charlton ins and outs?

Hayes has been brought back in to man up Thompson no doubt. Has a big frame and will be a good suit to minimise Thompson's impact, even if he was just standing 35 out from goal intercepting everything. Making him accountable will be the key.
Who goes to Barnes, Herdman and Lloyd?
Kira, McLean and the Walklates?
Are both Walklates named this week or not?

Whats everyones tips?
I'll have the redbacks by 25 points.
In- Danny Benaim and Jake Hayes
Out- Dan Gash and Jas Hannah

Anyone got the Charlton ins and outs?

Hayes has been brought back in to man up Thompson no doubt. Has a big frame and will be a good suit to minimise Thompson's impact, even if he was just standing 35 out from goal intercepting everything. Making him accountable will be the key.
Who goes to Barnes, Herdman and Lloyd?
Kira, McLean and the Walklates?
Are both Walklates named this week or not?
Don't think Jake will get a start King,named on from bench with Chalmers,Benaim,chalkley,and Hannah so I reckon he may miss,only Ben Walklate named.Herdman picked on half back flank Tom Mccarthy at CHF, Herdman has played last few games down back, both sides look strong should be a ripper game with only a goal or two to separate two handy sides. Whoever loses may not get it all their own way against the Saints in the prelim either.

Aaron's no chance this year (from what I'm told).

I see gash has been named...
Re: Charlton, I'm not sure on the side last time they played, but the sheet I have, has R Collins in for Sullivan

Pretty quiet on here... Sounds like a cracker game on the weekend glad i missed it. Headed out to Huntly, bloody cracker of a game! King did Jez Mills play alot of footy for the Burn?? i cant remember him much after juniors!! Jenno played a handy game!

Whats the word on the street Rocko?? Any injuries in the top end??
Chances of Trav Baird playing on the weekend?

I thought Charlytown were best placed for the 2's flag! What were the conditions like neither game was very high scoring!
Will/Have The Burn got any senior blokes that could bolster the 2's this week?

Grub and Rick doing the rounds again next year for the Demons, hopefully they can pick up a team of basketballers!

Rumor mill
- Apparently Walsh has packed his bags and wont be at Boort next year? anyone else heard this?
- I heard the Saints offered big cash to a new coach! Although I thought Jmac was contracted to next year?
- Annual speculation about where Herdy will play next year! Eaglehawk & North the front runners apparently! His had a good run at the Burn time to make room in the forward line for the Kings return!
- Birchip locked in the bus to return?
- Any mail on player movements?

That's about all I've got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back