Rumour Goldsack on his way to Port / Geelong / Adelaide / St Kilda / etc / etc

Remove this Banner Ad

So what? Frawley is UFA because he's not top bracket either, but Melbourne could pick up a first rounder for him. It's not about what they're earning now, it's about what they're leaving for.
And Young is on nowhere near $400k per year, so it's a poor comparison.
because he's on a front ended contact. Please do some research

Agreed but the figures mooted are similar when comparing Goldy and Young. Frawley will be around 700K per year for mine, close to double.

Frawley doesn't mean double cost. You'd subtract Frawley's cost from Goldy's cost. If Goldy wants 400k p.a. then a 750k Frawley costs 350k in terms of wage difference.

Frawley doesn't mean double cost. You'd subtract Frawley's cost from Goldy's cost. If Goldy wants 400k p.a. then a 750k Frawley costs 350k in terms of wage difference.
Surely Frawley is worth nothing like 750K

Can't remember one game where he dominated, what I can remember is a lot of critics slagging him off...so, Goldsack, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out !
Goldsack is remembered for one goal in his whole career. Apart from that he "filling a role."
Not good enough. Trade.

People are still mentioning James Frawley. Everything being said by Collingwood says that this is not going to happen. It would completely compromise the plan of drafting young players while using more mature recruits looking for an opportunity to prove themselves. Frawley is looking for money and a premiership. This is a complete mismatch to the club's situation. I will eat my shorts if he comes on board...

"Trade" doesnt appear to be an option. He may leave as a free agent, or he may choose to stay. These are the options.

Yes the simple options that some just can't get their head around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are still mentioning James Frawley. Everything being said by Collingwood says that this is not going to happen. It would completely compromise the plan of drafting young players while using more mature recruits looking for an opportunity to prove themselves. Frawley is looking for money and a premiership. This is a complete mismatch to the club's situation. I will eat my shorts if he comes on board...
Cunning plan isn't it? We've played it beautifully.

Bucks doesn't deny it.
Mark Slobbinson says it's a done deal.
Eade says we have no cap space.
As above, clearly doesn't fit our plans

We are so getting him.:p

Totally Agree.

Via the same mathematical logic Goldy goes 400k Ball and Max retire 725K we pick up Frawley $625K and 2 rookies $100K as we only go with 38 on the seniors list and are therefor in credit to the sum of $400 - $500 in terms of wage difference.

Cant recall if rookies are part of the TPP's

Last edited:
I don't understand the Goldsack hate, what do people expect from him, to be an All Australian? Kick 30 goals?

He is a role player and is worth around the 350 000 mark and I would be happy if we could keep him if not he is a pretty decent loss. Or let's just get another 18 year old to replace him and we will see how competitive we will be next season with a team full of kids.

I don't understand the Goldsack hate, what do people expect from him, to be an All Australian? Kick 30 goals?

He is a role player and is worth around the 350 000 mark and I would be happy if we could keep him if not he is a pretty decent loss. Or let's just get another 18 year old to replace him and we will see how competitive we will be next season with a team full of kids.

Sanity - he is exactly that a role player. No team can afford a team of champions.

He is a player that exists in all teams - a role player. All our role players have had to step up this year because of injuries and people are bagging them for not being able to be something they are not.

The guy gives his all every contest and in fact has had games above what he has provided before. Baby... bath water some people. If he stays for the right money I will be very happy.

I like Goldsack, he plays a role which shouldn't be dismissed, can play up forward or down back and his pressure often does result in us recovering the ball or halting an opposition thrust, but the reported 3 yrs, 400/yr is too high, especially if it's true that we are struggling with our salary cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back