Autopsy Hawks vs The Party Pies...cold and soggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed the game, though I did catch the post match comments when I got home. I was very, very put off by Harley's massive praise of us. Is the apocalypse coming?

My guess was 48,954. Must've been "closest to the pin", as the actual crowd number was 48,973!

Have absolutely no idea what I've won though! :eek:
When I recognised your name up on the screen I yelled out "I know her!!"

No one cared. I was also quite drunk so didn't realise no one would lol.

Congrats though!

My guess was 48,954. Must've been "closest to the pin", as the actual crowd number was 48,973!

Have absolutely no idea what I've won though! :eek:

Previous prizes have included gift vouchers for the MCG store, food and drink voucher and entry into the museum plus some other small things. Generally totals a few hundred dollars.

Previous prizes have included gift vouchers for the MCG store, food and drink voucher and entry into the museum plus some other small things. Generally totals a few hundred dollars.

Shame it doesn't include a couple of hundred dollars worth of vouchers which can be used to purchase finals tickets! :p

Jarryd Roughead 62 (3.1 goals per game)
Luke Breust 53 (2.40 goals per game)
Jack Gunston 51 (2.55 goals per game)

Great to have three players who have kicked over 50 goals this season. If not for those two game suspension Roughead would of won the Coleman medal.

Jarryd Roughead 62 (3.1 goals per game)
Luke Breust 53 (2.40 goals per game)
Jack Gunston 51 (2.55 goals per game)

Great to have three players who have kicked over 50 goals this season. If not for those two game suspension Roughead would of won the Coleman medal.
Apparently that's only the 3rd time in history that's happened.

Anyone think Gibson is in trouble for the trip?
Has 70 carry over points so even the lowest charge would see him miss a week.
Dumb thing to do, 10 goals up with 7 min to go.

Didn't even see the trip this is the first I've heard about it. Haw bad was it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm struggling with the idea that some think billy would go ahead of simpkin as the sub in a preliminary final. He came on in the third quarter of a game that was shot and played at half the pace and intensity of a final - you guys are dreaming
I'm pretty convinced on Simpkin as a sub pending what happens with Rioli

Please excuse the intrusion.

Just want to say well done.

And thankYOU, your players were amazing at the end, didn't rub our kids noses in it, and the classy heartfelt send off your team gave our Luke Ball was much appreciated.

I stayed to the end, to cheer off our hero, and even though the game was truly over 10 min before half time, there was none of the shitty stuff you see with teams like the cats, who even when thrashing virtually a VFL side, will really rub it it.

Good luck for the finals.

For me, Freo is the less painful option usually, but this year I figure if you guys go back to back, it will shut down those God awful cats fans, once and for all, and stick it up the AFL affiliated swans team! The only downer is my bandwagon hawks fan sister, but I can let that slide! So, good luck, thankYOU, and see you next year

Go Pies xx

Please excuse the intrusion.

Just want to say well done.

And thankYOU, your players were amazing at the end, didn't rub our kids noses in it, and the classy heartfelt send off your team gave our Luke Ball was much appreciated.

I stayed to the end, to cheer off our hero, and even though the game was truly over 10 min before half time, there was none of the shitty stuff you see with teams like the cats, who even when thrashing virtually a VFL side, will really rub it it.

Good luck for the finals.

For me, Freo is the less painful option usually, but this year I figure if you guys go back to back, it will shut down those God awful cats fans, once and for all, and stick it up the AFL affiliated swans team! The only downer is my bandwagon hawks fan sister, but I can let that slide! So, good luck, thankYOU, and see you next year

Go Pies xx
Being hit by so many injuries has an upside. Your young blokes got exposure and after another preseason will go up a notch. At the Hawks some of our young blokes have progressed very nicely under Hodge, Mitchell etc

You have plenty of similarly talented types at your club so who knows how your young players will go next year.

Good luck next year and thanks for the post

Wow, amazingly well spirited comments from pies supporters in this thread.

A few comments. Why are people praising spangher's overexuberance in contests, it's TOO much. He goes for the ball with way too much gusto, misses it because his hands can't cash the cheques his heart writes, leaving his direct opponent with the ball and free space while he picks himself up off the ground. He will be a force to be reckoned with when he works out what he can do and what he can't do.

Hartung, 50 dt points in a quarter of football, for a first year player is an astounding effort regardless of the quality of the opposition or the state of the game. His goal was a tiny glimpse into the future and one needed some serious eye wear it was so bright.

Schoenmakers was much better before his knee went and was showing signs of the player he would have become. Now he is struggling to become any player.

The three forwards kicking 50 goals is awesome, we have managed it at least twice before, but on the other two occasions we needed a finals series to get there.
1977 Hudson 110, Matthews 91, Hendrie 52
1984 Matthews 77, Judge 63, Brereton 50

I think Sewell still has something to offer. His goal last week against geelong was pure experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back