3 Kennedy
4 Pendlebury
4 Beams
2 SJ
3 Harvey
2 Barlow
1 Bartel
0 have Ward. Despite one being called the CallanWardFanClub

Be interesting to see how many trades people in eliminator have left given they are in a must win game the last few weeks.
CallanWardFanClub is close to no chance to beat me this week in my BigFooty Dogs league Prelim, will be annoyed if he does. Barlow, JPK and Dusty are his donuts so far and he's had to play Kersten with Boomer and Bird on his bench.

Hey take it easy... :) I'm currently in the eliminator final so my weekly prize win couldn't have been too much of a fluke! Ranked 42nd at the start of this week.

Re: CallanWardFanClub - thought there was a good chance to be a me vs him final, but he got knocked out last week.

Last edited:

Just looked at the 4 remaining Eliminator players

3 Kennedy
4 Pendlebury
4 Beams
2 SJ
3 Harvey
2 Barlow
1 Bartel
0 have Ward. Despite one being called the CallanWardFanClub

Be interesting to see how many trades people in eliminator have left given they are in a must win game the last few weeks.

And to answer this earlier question - at this point only one of the remaining four had a trade left. He is out now.

WesternArchers: 1954 vs Ringo's Royals: 1941

No players to come for either coach :p

Hey take it easy... :) I'm currently in the eliminator final so my weekly prize win couldn't have been too much of a fluke! Ranked 42nd at the start of this week.

Re: CallanWardFanClub - thought there was a good chance to be a me vs him final, but he got knocked out last week.
Well done mate :thumbsu: is it $2500 or something? Sorry I beat you though in the League though, hate winning when donuts play a big part in the result. My 2539 in the elimination final was the pinnacle of the season, then it fell apart due to the round 21 carnage.

And to answer this earlier question - at this point only one of the remaining four had a trade left. He is out now.
CallanWardFanClub's team was rooted last week, looked like just like my Supercoach TBH, I was top 150 in that pre-carnage ended up 201st. Good to play with some really strong opposition though, there would've been 4 5 of us from our league who came top 100.

CallanWardFanClub's team was rooted last week, looked like just like my Supercoach TBH, I was top 150 in that pre-carnage ended up 201st. Good to play with some really strong opposition though, there would've been 4 5 of us from our league who came top 100.

Agreed mate. If there was a club championships this year it would have been interesting to see how our league measured up. Congratulations on taking out the grandfinal. I had a look at your team mid week and knew I was gone given you were able to field a full midfield. Nice team management.

re: eliminator - yeah its 2.5k, plus the weekly makes 3k for the year which aint a bad return.

Agreed mate. If there was a club championships this year it would have been interesting to see how our league measured up. Congratulations on taking out the grandfinal. I had a look at your team mid week and knew I was gone given you were able to field a full midfield. Nice team management.

re: eliminator - yeah its 2.5k, plus the weekly makes 3k for the year which aint a bad return.
Yeah awesome way of making spare cash haha. All those hours we spend with squad selection/trades etc paid off for ya, well done.

My theory was durability, I had Barlow and Sam Mitchell in my starting squads, I culled Mitchell straight up after he got a knock in rnd 1 and got in Suckling/Swallow with the spare cash, should've started with them. Then the next week Barlow hurt his knee and was out for 5-6 weeks, he is currently never again regardless of how good he is. I was a bit sceptical at times about Bartel and Enright with their late withdrawal tendencies but it didn't hurt too much. Ebert, Libba and Jones were great squad players for me, they played everyweek, were frustrating at times, but getting averages of 98, 98 and 101 over the season whilst never copping a donut from them helps the long term approach etc finals and rankings.

Blokes like Jelwood and Sloane will be first picked in my team next season, their durability is great regardless if they're only ever going to average 95-105 for the year, playing every week counts compared to high averaging players like Barlow, Rockliff and Stevie J who.always miss games year in year out. If they underperform and are only going to average 90-95 well hold them until they become a M9 or something. I did that with Cotchin last season in AF, he was my starting M3, ended up being M9, Wingard was this year's example, I started with him at F4 but ended up being F7.

I think I had 3 or 4 weeks being in the top 60 for the round, was 24th in rnd 8, if I had a different captain choice I would've won that weekly haha, missed out by 33 points I think. Went hard trading over the byes to use the extra bye given those 3 weeks to try and.finish my team quicker, only problem was there was poor rookies available then etc Bews/Aylett/Cutler then Watson and Ablett got injured so had to use them on replacements and fell short of a.last upgrade down back as I rolled with 1 trade for 3 weeks before using it on Beams to Sloane.

Ended up 31st overall and 183 points off 10th, good year, Bradburied the last 2 weeks though, wasn't a fair indication of the season for some with the ridiculous amount of midfield premos that fell in rnd 21, allwell. Go Dogs.

Hopefully Bontempelli becomes a mid/fwd next year haha, will be jumping on that wagon.

Congrats mate, it would've been nice to face off in the GF but alas it wasn't to be.

PS. Callan Ward is a prick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back