Game Day Round 23: Sydney Swans V Richmond Tigers @ ANZ Stadium 30/08/2014 - 4:40 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I see the sides lining up:

B: Morris Rance Grimes
F: Jetta Franklin Goodes

HB: Houli Chaplin Batchelor
HF: Cunningham Tippett Reid

C: Grigg Cotchin Conca
C: McVeigh Hanneberry Malceski

HF: Gordon Griffiths Deledio
HB: Shaw Grundy Smith

F: Petterd Riewoldt Martin
B: Rohan Richards Rampe

R: Maric Ellis Miles
R: Naismith Jack Parker

INT: Newman Edwards Foley
INT: Mitchell Lloyd Biggs

SUB: Vlastuin
SUB: Towers

I believe the Swans will try and stretch us in their forward line by loading up with talls from the first bounce. That means Franklin Tippett Goodes and Reid lining up on the ground. To counter this we'll use Rance Chaplin Grimes and Batchelor and it's no surprise to me that we have stuck with these 4 in the side the last 3 months, as I believe we wanted to get a backline that can handle the Swans set up without losing too much run. Grimes and Batchelor are both big enough and agile enough to take Reid and Goodes. I can see Cunningham going to Houli to try and counter his run, while Morris will get the job on Jetta.

In our forward half, I'm not shocked to see us go with the 2 talls and 4 running types, it has worked a treat the last 8 weeks and there is no reason to change it now. To counter I see the Swans using Smith on Deledio and Rampe on Martin when forward, while Rohan and Shaw will try to work off of Gordon and Petterd.

The midfield is going to be a real key to the game. We need Cotchin Edwards Miles & Foley to get on top of Hanneberry Parker Jack & Mitchell in the contested ball battle and feed it out to the likes of Ellis Grigg Houli Conca Deledio & Martin to get our game going the way we want it to work. If the Swans get on top and make it a real grinding battle I can see it being like the second half when we played them the first time around i.e. 250 disposals for 1 goal.

Some might be surprised to see Vlastuin as the sub again but when looking at the side and the roles that players would play Vlastuin as the sub is perfect for this week. As we saw the other week he can have a real impact as a sub coming on in the 3rd quarter, whether that is going into the midfield and just going hard for 40 minutes or slotting into a HBF and providing link up out of the back line.​

Preview from _RT_

F9vyFO0.png

CARN THE MIGHTY TIGERS!

Very happy that Collingwood got belted last night in the way that it's a wake up call to any players who had the slightest inkling that top teams with little to play for will just roll over for the team that has more to play for is greatly mistaken.

Looking forward to this afternoon with a positive mindset, but no real expectation.

So freakin nervous. I was thinking about the swans this morning, about how bloody good their team is.... And then I thought to myself, we've got some bloody stars too. We can do it boys, have faith.

GO TIGES!!

C'mon Tigers prove me wrong for once and win a game that is club defining and culture building
All I need is something to erase lasts years EF and I will then know you're the genuine article
If we can do this we will be once again feared by others and not the laughing stock of the media

Go the Tigers lets do it for

Captain Blood
Tommy
Newy
Nate and a
Nation full of deprived fans

Win this game and our Captain Blood and Hafey culture will be reinstilled back into our clubs sole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to get me head around if we would prefer a fast/dry surface, a slippery sloppy bog or something in-between.

Reckon it's gonna be the in-between.... pissy drizzle all day will keep that longer grass/softer surface heavy but not too slippery.

Need strong legs to power through the glue....:cool:

Had a dream that I was stuck somewhere and it was 5pm and I kept screaming at my mate to jump in the car so we could watch the footy. Nightmare!

And it's not a dream but I have a weird feeling that Riewoldt might be lining up for goal... After the siren.

Trying to get me head around if we would prefer a fast/dry surface, a slippery sloppy bog or something in-between.

Reckon it's gonna be the in-between.... pissy drizzle all day will keep that longer grass/softer surface heavy but not too slippery.

Need strong legs to power through the glue....:cool:

Even when its dry at ANZ its still slippery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back