Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Isn't it obvious?
They'll pluck some egghead out of the clouds with a medical degree to ignorantly pan it based on the information he's never actually read up on. Like the news does with everthing, paleo, LCHF, raw, fasting, vego.

If you aren't eating 4-6 small meals/snacks every day made up of 50-60% carbs and low protein (particularly red meat) you are doing it wrong :p

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ordinary segment, they just showed the Dave Astbury clip then had the obligatory dietitian telling us its a terrible idea because of all the calories and saturated fat, then done a taste test proclaiming it was oily and a few people in a cafe that loved it, ended with Ken Sutclif saying "yuk"

The Sheep will soon learn that anything that threatens the masses to change their daily diets will be criticised by the media to protect the big food corporates, remember it's the Government/big food corps that own n run the media.
Ken Sutclif & the alike are told what to say, none of those dimwits speak for themselves & there's no intelligence test to become a news reader or journo.
They can't patent butter so it has no interest to them to promote it, the medical industry abroad make more money margarine sales.

It want be long before it's illegal for Farmers to feed their cattle grass, that will be the comprise from the big Paharma mobs.

MFLwizard

Rookie
Dec 15, 2011
Shepparton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The good part was the three people in the cafe who said they loved it.

I have changed my ratio of butter/oil from 50/50 to 30% butter 70% refined Melrose coconut oil (its tasteless and odorless used for cooking, eating and cosmetics) i love it. And its brilliant for cooking as it doesnt leave a coconut taste. Perfect for my bacon and eggs.

Bazzar which Melrose coconut oil do you use. I want a tastless one

http://www.goldenglow.com.au/melrose-organic-coconut-oil?kpid=530&gclid=CNu9v56XxsACFUJvvAodbqcABA

or

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp?id=65969&source=GS&gclid=COKe6M2XxsACFcIDvAodZ44ALw

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
This one, and i notice chemist warehouse has it for $8 Woolies is back up to $12 what a rip off. But its awesome because its tasteless.
original_CW.jpg

Sep 9, 2008
Near the famous #34
AFL Club
Carlton
If by MCT you mean fractionated coconut oil, I buy the stuff in bulk off eBay to use on my skin (I get dry, irritated skin in winter). Bulk orders work out at about $20 a litre delivered. Who knows what the source material is like, but they make a compelling argument regarding purity on their eBay page. I keep each batch unrefrigerated for a couple of years, and it never changes appearance or develops a smell.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
If by MCT you mean fractionated coconut oil, I buy the stuff in bulk off eBay to use on my skin (I get dry, irritated skin in winter). Bulk orders work out at about $20 a litre delivered. Who knows what the source material is like, but they make a compelling argument regarding purity on their eBay page. I keep each batch unrefrigerated for a couple of years, and it never changes appearance or develops a smell.
Yep same thing. The MCT from optmoz is high quality but so is the price, its $39 for 960ml + delivery. Very exy but you know the quality. Would be interesting to checkout some of the ebay stuff you are talking about.

What brand did you get?

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
I CBF using a press.Does anyone else use an expresso machine to blend the coffee. How many of these worth would i use?

medium.jpg
One will give you a double shot.

I have also used that as i buy a lot of their products, their eggs, mince meat and cashew paste are good

Having my first BP for the week in a few hours after a 4 day fast. Just cannot wait, the feeling and energy will be awesome to say the least.
I'm fasting at the moment ( my standard 36 hour, once per week)

What's your thought on BP coffees during the fast. I'm thinking that with next to zero carbs even tho one is going well over the 40cal threshold it's not going to kick you out of the fasted state.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm fasting at the moment ( my standard 36 hour, once per week)

What's your thought on BP coffees during the fast. I'm thinking that with next to zero carbs even tho one is going well over the 40cal threshold it's not going to kick you out of the fasted state.
This fast was just green tea, lots and lots of water and as i always do first thing every morning 1ltr warm water and a squeezed lemon, so it was zero carb and cal.

I have done a 4 day BP fast before (its somewhere in the fasting thread) and it was the most energetic i have ever been, i did morning and afternoon BP and an evening cocao BP. It was great, worth the try for those who would find it tough going 4 days on just water.

Tested my ketones before and its 4.1 and im curious what it will be half hour after i have my huge mug of BP.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a crew called Tanah Essential Oil Company. They sell MCT up to a five litre PET jerrycan. That's a lot of coffee, but like I said the stuff is shelf stable for at least two years, and it's great for skin after shaving etc.
I have around 150ml a day (when i was buying it) but i will definitely get some of yours. Thanks for the heads up.

Back