Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Impey cleared.

Impey claimed that the Probenicid entered his system through contaminated gelatine capsules that he had bought from a pharmacy, which he later put bicarbonate of soda in. The bicarbonate of soda was used to prevent the build-up of lactate acid. He told the hearing that the pharmacist who had issued him the capsules had the Probenecid on his hands from dealing with a prior customer. Till receipts proving that this was the case were apparently the defining factor in Impey being cleared.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/impey-cleared-after-probenecid-positive
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/impey-cleared-after-probenecid-positive

I would have been pretty skeptical of that explanation, but with till reciepts are backing it up then it seems fair enough.

Though I did see some wag comment on CN that Impey was the 'prior customer'!

alfy!

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
2014 Liege-Bastogne-Liege champion Simon Gerrans will undergo surgery on a broken collarbone this afternoon following a training crash yesterday.

The surgery will shift Gerrans’ early season focus to the Spring Classics beginning in March as he ensures a complete recovery.

After working hard throughout the off-season, the 34-year-old is disappointed to get so close to the Australian season, and a national championships and Tour Down Under defense, and need to withdraw.

http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/classics-focus-for-gerrans-after-training-crash

Shattered.

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Makes the summer of cycling a bit of a Cadel special. Matthews was staying in Europe prior to this so maybe Simon Clarke becomes OGE's number 1 guy.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
When did this happen? Seems an odd choice to go for pro to continental for such a profile rider in good form. Or am I missing something?

Saladin sucks

Debutant
Mar 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
When did this happen? Seems an odd choice to go for pro to continental for such a profile rider in good form. Or am I missing something?

At OGE Goss was highest paid rider and had a very poor year. His contract was up this year and OGE didn't renew. No other pro-teams were interested either, Goss hardly got near a finish all year at any level. MTN Qhubeka are expanding their roster with older ex-proteam riders, perhaps hoping to get more invites and become full pro-team themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
The Bay Classic criteriums started today, highlights are on Gem at midnight and replayed tomorrow arvo, I think its the same for the next 3 days, wont spoil the result, was impressive stuff from 1st and 2nd.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At OGE Goss was highest paid rider and had a very poor year. His contract was up this year and OGE didn't renew. No other pro-teams were interested either, Goss hardly got near a finish all year at any level. MTN Qhubeka are expanding their roster with older ex-proteam riders, perhaps hoping to get more invites and become full pro-team themselves.

They've got a whole lot of 'nearly men' on their roster with no clear cut leader. Will be very intriguing to see how they gel (or fail to) over the course of the year.

The Bay Classic criteriums started today, highlights are on Gem at midnight and replayed tomorrow arvo, I think its the same for the next 3 days, wont spoil the result, was impressive stuff from 1st and 2nd.
Down at Port Arlington today by sheer coincidence. Caught a bit of the support race and it's the first time I've seen a live race. They bloody fly by. Can only imagine the pro men's race would've been impressive.

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Down at Port Arlington today by sheer coincidence. Caught a bit of the support race and it's the first time I've seen a live race. They bloody fly by. Can only imagine the pro men's race would've been impressive.

I planned on riding there (via the ferry) but wasted too much time cooking breakfast so changed plans. Caleb Ewan is making the other pro's in the race look pedestrian at the minute, its pretty amazing.

Have loved coverage

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Better preparation and he could of got it, not sure racing the TDU and spending so much time riding in breakaways was the ideal lead in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back