List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not on tonight's game.
Hewett is well ahead of him IMO.
Hewett hasnt played a game and Biggs had one bad game. He has looked very composed in all his previous games and did a fantastic job last week. People are far too quick to write off someone after one poor performance. I completely disagree.

This place is s**t after a loss.
Wasn't even that bad of a loss. Remember 5 guys were out, we let them score 33 unanswered points and we still only lost by 3 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewett hasnt played a game and Biggs had one bad game. He has looked very composed in all his previous games and did a fantastic job last week. People are far too quick to write off someone after one poor performance. I completely disagree.

Far from writing him off and he wasn't that bad yesterday, however, he is clearly not at the level some would have you believe.
There is absolutely no way you would know, Biggs before yesterday had 2 good games Hewitt has yet to debut at AFL level.

I have watched a fair bit of Hewett and IMO he will get picked ahead of Biggs next year.

Wasn't even that bad of a loss. Remember 5 guys were out, we let them score 33 unanswered points and we still only lost by 3 points.
True. Tackle count was up after that first 20 minutes. We hit the post twice, they had three goals from frees within 25m (including the two 50ms) and with all of that should have kicked a winning lead in the last few mins.

It was a tune up. And a good one. The ammo that loss provides our coaches going into the finals will be constructive if anything.

People will laugh here but I would be a huge fan of the Swans trying to get Luke Tapscott from Melbourne. I thought highly of his when he was in the U18 championship and I think the Swans could help turn his career around. Plus he has a booming kick which definitely cannot be ignored.

People will laugh here but I would be a huge fan of the Swans trying to get Luke Tapscott from Melbourne. I thought highly of his when he was in the U18 championship and I think the Swans could help turn his career around. Plus he has a booming kick which definitely cannot be ignored.
Can't see why anyone could discount any melbourne player. You would never know what they could be come with proper development

Can't get a gig due to his defensive pressure. And lacking in leg speed. But he can kick.

Can't get a gig due to his defensive pressure. And lacking in leg speed. But he can kick.

If the Swans managed to improve his defensive pressure then he would most likely be a bargain. I want to back our system that we could turn him into a player who wants to play defensively and not just offensively. Him kicking out of our defensive 50 could be a real asset in a Matthew Suckling or Shannon Hurn sort of way.

If the Swans managed to improve his defensive pressure then he would most likely be a bargain. I want to back our system that we could turn him into a player who wants to play defensively and not just offensively. Him kicking out of our defensive 50 could be a real asset in a Matthew Suckling or Shannon Hurn sort of way.

He's definitely a player I followed through that years draft, so I followed him a bit early. The Hurn comparison is a good one. Just hard to see Sydney give a lifeline to a player without leg speed. Wouldn't mind him on our list if he came cheap.

Here is a thought. Morabito. Highly unlikely to get him but would be ridiculous good get
he signed an extension earlier this month. freo wouldnt let him go cheap either. they know how much talent he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back