PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
advice sought from the ps4 heads in here....

was at a store earlier about to purchase a ps4, when the guy convinced me i should buy an xbox one instead. his general drift was....xone has more and better exclusives, network/servers never down or have problems like ps4 constant teething issues, there are only maybe two ps4 exclusives worth getting (last of us, uncharted) otherwise all the best shooters, racers are on xone, and with so many multi-platform games, youre not missing much), plus netflix on xone, etc. i said, what about region-free games, that matters too? he said xbox one is region-free also.

uncharted and last of us, my two favorite recent games tho :(

said, xone would get used most of the time, and ps4 better owned as a secondary console for those two games. seeing as im more likely to just pick one console this time around.

can you re-convince me? ive been leaning one side then the next for the last 6 months and cant decide. still undecided.

GG I reckon the guy is getting a better cut on selling the XB1.

Look at the numbers of consoles sold - PS4 is caning XB1 in sales.

I haven't had an issues with PSN online - that's bullshit sales spiel.

I have no doubt that the XB1 is a very good console (never used one) but can confirm the PS4 rocks.

If you want to play online buy what you're mates you want to play with have.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What store? best advice would be never to go back there again. In his fanboy rambling did the sales staff happen to tell you the PS4 is the more powerful console, even for multi-plats?

I dont need to go into the finer details but your favourite two recent games, The Last Of Us is out on PS4 and Uncharted 4 is coming, that studio is Sony owned, you answered your own question with what one to get right there.

I own both and the X1 is collecting dust at the moment. There's really only a couple of games I'm looking forward to in the next year on the X1.

GG I reckon the guy is getting a better cut on selling the XB1.

Look at the numbers of consoles sold - PS4 is caning XB1 in sales.

I haven't had an issues with PSN online - that's bullshit sales spiel.

I have no doubt that the XB1 is a very good console (never used one) but can confirm the PS4 rocks.

If you want to play online buy what you're mates you want to play with have.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
What my mates play is not that important to me. I just want to buy the best console and not regret the decision later -- exclusives, server quality, region-free gaming are more important to me. Appreciate yours and any other feedback.

What store? best advice would be never to go back there again. In his fanboy rambling did the sales staff happen to tell you the PS4 is the more powerful console, even for multi-plats?

I dont need to go into the finer details but your favourite two recent games, The Last Of Us is out on PS4 and Uncharted 4 is coming, that studio is Sony owned, you answered your own question with what one to get right there.

I own both and the X1 is collecting dust at the moment. There's really only a couple of games I'm looking forward to in the next year on the X1.
Appreciate the feedback. You own both so is there anything at all re: X1 that is good? True the better shooters and racers? Better servers? Region-free on X1?

As far as playing online there is absolutely no difference with the servers from what I've experienced, some MS exclusives will utilize dedicated servers but multiplats tend to stick with their own servers or a peer to peer system across both platforms.

Shooters, well the X1 has Titanfall and the PS4 has Killzone so the X1 gets the nod there. Its all about CoD and Battlefield anyway, both systems will have those, due to being ahead in the sales you'll find more people playing those on PS4 i reckon.

Racers, nothing exclusive out on PS4 atm, but Driveclub is coming in October and Sony own the studio behind the Gran Turismo series, X1 has the Forza series. i prefer GT so PS4 gets the nod for me there. Driveclub looks graphically above other racers and Project Cars is another pretty one coming later in the year.

Both systems are region free.

It all comes down to the games though, both systems are fairly bare in terms of exclusives right now but Sony has a good track record with delivering quality first party titles throughout the generation. The X1 has a more robust user interface and has some decent features if your looking to use it more as an entertainment box like being able to plug foxtel into it so you can switch quickly between foxtel and games.

If its all about the games, especially ones like Uncharted and The Last Of Us, over the long term the PS4 is the better choice imo.

You get the added benefit of 95% of this board owning one so plenty of us to party up with online :thumbsu:

What my mates play is not that important to me. I just want to buy the best console and not regret the decision later -- exclusives, server quality, region-free gaming are more important to me. Appreciate yours and any other feedback.

PS4 is more powerful so most multi platform games will run better on PS4.

The notion that there are only a few games worth owning is a joke. That goes for both systems. If you are just buying a console don't let someone sway you by saying one platform only has 2 exclusive games worth playing as that is crap.

Xbox would have PS4 covered in the racing stakes due to Forza. Driveclub is coming this year for PS4 though and that is looking a lot like the old Project Gotham games.

Shooters are a draw IMO. Xbox has Titanfall and PS4 has TLOU and both are excellent online. If you like Halo the Xbox is getting 4 of the old Halo games on the ONE soon. InFamous Second Son is out on PS4 and that's decent. It really comes down to preference.

Yeah it's a bit rich to say whether Xbox One has better shooters/racers, still very early into this console generation. I'd suggest do your research on both consoles including current and future games. If you have to hold off for a while to make a more informed decision, might as well.

Im probably back to leaning towards PS4 again. I love maxpayne/uncharted/tlou type of games --- third person adventure open world type games with a story and puzzles to figure out. Xone has Quantum Break which looks great. Ps4 has those already mentioned. Then there's Battlefield/COD/etc and sports games on both consoles. Seems like im back to Ps4. Thanks for the feedback. Just hate the exclusives thing requiring you to buy both consoles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im probably back to leaning towards PS4 again. I love maxpayne/uncharted/tlou type of games --- third person adventure open world type games with a story and puzzles to figure out. Xone has Quantum Break which looks great. Ps4 has those already mentioned. Then there's Battlefield/COD/etc and sports games on both consoles. Seems like im back to Ps4. Thanks for the feedback. Just hate the exclusives thing requiring you to buy both consoles.

The bloke you spoke to is a muppet. Must be getting bonuses for swindling Xboxes to unsuspecting customers. Which store by the way?

PS4 more powerful, IS region free, nice bonus games and discounts with PSN PLus, WILL get some massive exclusives starting soon. Some great indie titles, PS4 already has Netflix so I don't know what this guys was on about, sounds like he didn't know what he was talking about.

The bloke you spoke to is a muppet. Must be getting bonuses for swindling Xboxes to unsuspecting customers. Which store by the way?

PS4 more powerful, IS region free, nice bonus games and discounts with PSN PLus, WILL get some massive exclusives starting soon. Some great indie titles, PS4 already has Netflix so I don't know what this guys was on about, sounds like he didn't know what he was talking about.
EB Games store in Sydney. But was always going to ask BF board for advice before deciding anything.

Bought Metro Redux today, $54 off PSN. $29.99 for the games separately. Have played both, have Metro 2033 on PC, and LAst Light on PS3, although both were left unfinished because I planned on getting Redux. Physical prices are ridiculous, $79 at Jb, etc, so for once the digital price is much better. So excited to get into these games, need a bit of Russian adventure in between bouts of Legendary hunting in DIablo 3.

What a bout you fellas, any one gonna buy Redux? If you haven't tried yet and love some FPS with a difference, highly recommended.

Which has the better list of future exclusives in your opinion? (list a few top ones from each please)
Not counting collections ~
Halo 5, Quantum Break, Forza Horizon, Crackdown, Project Spark, Fable Legends
Driveclub, Little big planet 3, The 1886, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Let it die, Uncharted 4, Deep Down, Tearaway, Hellblade, Planetside 2

Not counting collections ~
Halo 5, Quantum Break, Forza Horizon, Crackdown, Project Spark, Fable Legends
Driveclub, Little big planet 3, The 1886, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Let it die, Uncharted 4, Deep Down, Tearaway, Hellblade, Planetside 2
Seems like there are more on the PS4 list that interest. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back