Review Draw v Caaaaaarlton

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of a flat effort but I'm still quite excited. This is the first time we've gone into a final where we haven't been basically completely out of steam and ready to pack it in. We have a reasonably healthy list with only a few missing. We are playing in Melbourne against an opponent we should have a relatively even contest with. There's worse things in life.

Thank God Gibbs' kick wasn't rushed. Richmond killing it.

So whats that... 6 or 7 times this year there have been 30 point turnarounds in our games. Pretty much highlights the pea hearted mentatility of this list.

The funny thing is mentally challenged teams can focus on a particular game and fool the world. Thats what I expect next week as I think we'll beat North and everybody will forget reality until the week after.

Instead of killing the game and easing it in in the last we need to play desperate football and the inevitable loss of a soldier occurs.
Ah man, cheer up ffs. It's a tough game. We're playing finals against Norf and when we beat them, it's another final in Melbourne!! Good times

Ah man, cheer up ffs. It's a tough game. We're playing finals against Norf and when we beat them, it's another final in Melbourne!! Good times

Need a Sydney win and Man U to get on the winning list to give the weekend the kick along it needs.

Can't wait to see Brad Scotts face and presser next week after we beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down by 30,up by 30 and then a draw I don't get this team another decent side would of marched on a win by 10 goals.

You'll learn as a Carlton supporter that we are never safe when 30pts up but never out of it when 30 pts down.And being Carlton it can change very rapidly, It's happened so many times in the last 6-7 years. Even last year we came from no-where last game, after playing absolute rubbish for 3 qtrs, to beat Port, then the next week turned around a 5 goal deficit in no time against Richmond in the EF. Then we had 2 big leads against you guys and blew them both in the last minute. That's Carlton! We are never boring. First time I've seen it in the same game though...lol.

I think we are just about the laziest team in the league.
When we want to play, we play very well (for about 1 quarter). Then we play so sh*t within the same game!

They call North the most inconsistent side. Well North turn up for one week and don't the next. We play well for 1 quarter and terrible the next.

I still feel as if we aren't giving everything yet. They owe us something special next week against North. Turn up the way we did in the first and we'll get smashed.

Lost in the period 10 to 20 minutes in the third quarter. Had total domination in which we should have kicked 3 or 4 goals, Carlton was just about to put the cue in the rack, but unfortunately the quality of our inside 50's was below average.

You cant play T-Bell in the team - Hopeless up forward and most of Carlton's brace of goals occurred when T-Bell was in the ruck.

You'll learn as a Carlton supporter that we are never safe when 30pts up but never out of it when 30 pts down.And being Carlton it can change very rapidly, It's happened so many times in the last 6-7 years. Even last year we came from no-where last game, after playing absolute rubbish for 3 qtrs, to beat Port, then the next week turned around a 5 goal deficit in no time against Richmond in the EF. Then we had 2 big leads against you guys and blew them both in the last minute. That's Carlton! We are never boring. First time I've seen it in the same game though...lol.
That's how Essendon are. Came back from 30 against Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast, Carlton. Coughed up a 30 point lead vs Carlton, Melbourne and Collingwood

We didn't win that for a few reasons:

1. Basic goalkicking. Chappy x2, Goddard, Stanton, Merrett and Fantasia all should have been goals (whether it be poor skills or rushed).
2. Lack of ******* movement when we had the ball at crucial stages. Forced us to go back and across and let them press up.

Carlton fans on the members wing lived up to what we call them: the SCUM.

Got to laugh, step back, take a look at whats happening in Sydney & our result doesnt seem that wacky...

finals people, finals
Ya, but slightly different situation because Sydney knows its position can't be taken.. we didn't have that luxury.

I'm just saying that we still had 'something' to play for.. and our opposition was far weaker than an 'in-form' Richmond.

We didn't win that for a few reasons:

1. Basic goalkicking. Chappy x2, Goddard, Stanton, Merrett and Fantasia all should have been goals (whether it be poor skills or rushed).
2. Lack of ******* movement when we had the ball at crucial stages. Forced us to go back and across and let them press up.

Carlton fans on the members wing lived up to what we call them: the SCUM.
I get so nervous when BJ is taking a shot...for a guy with an elite kick.....hes had a bad year with goal kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back