• Draw into extra time- haw

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Draw into extra time-cats

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for this one. What is fascinating for me is the way Scott implied after the last game that Geelong put the cue in the rack after testing out their systems. He said something like, we are happy, we got what we came for.
Personally fancy the Hawks here but its going to be interesting to see what Geelong have got after half time.

Can't wait for this one. What is fascinating for me is the way Scott implied after the last game that Geelong put the cue in the rack after testing out their systems. He said something like, we are happy, we got what we came for.
Personally fancy the Hawks here but its going to be interesting to see what Geelong have got after half time.
Hopefully a ten goal deficit

I think the changes at selection for both sides would be:

Hawthorn
IN: Hodge, Stratton, Hill
OUT: Schoenmakers, Litherland, Hartung

Geelong
IN: Johnson, McIntosh, Christensen, Motlop
OUT: Smedts, Thurlow, McCarthy, Brown

Want Geelong to win but Hawks in a canter for mine.

I think the changes at selection for both sides would be:

Hawthorn
IN: Hodge, Stratton, Hill
OUT: Schoenmakers, Litherland, Hartung

Geelong
IN: Johnson, McIntosh, Christensen, Motlop
OUT: Smedts, Thurlow, McCarthy, Brown

Pretty clear changes, but Brown/Walker as CHF will be line-ball. I thought both were really good tonight. Different styles, but both did their bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of things at stake:
Win - Bragging rights and a home prelim against a likely interstate side.
Lose - play a dangerous Essendon or North Melbourne then either Freo or Sydney away

You little beauty. Can't wait. This is why I follow football.
Another chapter in THE modern rivalry in football. I'm 33 and Geelong hawthorn games have been my football highlights since I was 8. s**t, until I lost my virginity, got married and had a child (not all at once), they were my life highlights! You can have your old, traditional rivals, you can have your geographical rivals, you can have your manufactured rivals, nothing comes close to this one in this modern era.

A tight contest until we kick away in the last, because we're better! Hawks by 30

You little beauty. Can't wait. This is why I follow football.
Another chapter in THE modern rivalry in football. I'm 33 and Geelong hawthorn games have been my football highlights since I was 8. s**t, until I lost my virginity, got married and had a child (not all at once), they were my life highlights! You can have your old, traditional rivals, you can have your geographical rivals, you can have your manufactured rivals, nothing comes close to this one in this modern era.

A tight contest until we kick away in the last, because we're better! Hawks by 30

Any way you slice it, this is the game of the weekend. Forget allegiances for a second, there is NO bigger contest in the current game than this.

Cats win and we are a real chance. Having to play the extra game will make it very hard for us.

Hawks win and they are box seat for sure.

Is already a massive game that will grow during the week.

GO Catters

Should just about be two full strength teams (besides LTIs) as well. Johnson and Lake shouldn't have any problems getting up and even though Chris Scott said Kersten should be available, on the back of last night, both Brown and Walker are in far better form and one of them should keep their spot ahead of him. Looks like it will be just Rioli missing.

Wonder if the hawks will bring McEvoy in for this one.

If it was freo then maybe against sandi
But the ceglar/hale combo works well and is far more flexible and both are also more than capable of kicking goals.

Its one thing the cats believing they can beat Hawthorn, but unless they believe they can beat sydney they should just get out of the way and give the other two clubs a run at it

Without pet umpires theyd be playing north already. Last week was a disgrace and the bartel thing took the focus away from that

No doubt the same two or three umpires will rock up again

What absolute baloney that was...he was desperately trying to play games/save face as his side just got pumped with ten goals straight...he had to say something as he knew Geelong would be facing the Hawks again in two weeks....Hawks to win easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back