RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a football lover that isn't bias . I'm happy to be up front who I am from lancefield . Romsey is walking distance from home . So why not take interest

Burlak won't miss the granny. If he gets done for a hip and shoulder they should hang there heads in shame. His not a dirty player just tough .
Burlak is squeaky clean and I'm sure common sense will prevail
Well done to macedon today as well great day and well run , plenty of food and looooots of cold beers

Anyone have results from today? Since crowds were down last week in finals games how How were the crowds this w.e, each club have a good turnout of supporters?

Anyone have results from today? Since crowds were down last week in finals games how How were the crowds this w.e, each club have a good turnout of supporters?
Average crowd, not the greatest ground for viewing it with the wind and all. Diggers were really impressive and won easily. Don't know what happened to Rupo the last couple of weeks but they were looking good two weeks ago and were terrible today! Diggers worked smarter and used the ball better and really won all over the ground. Be a tough game for the Bomber boys next week.

The umpires were disgraceful. Both teams had no idea what was going on, the held the game up in confusion over and over. This league needs some umpires with some idea... Hope they're better for us next weekend!!!

Average crowd, not the greatest ground for viewing it with the wind and all. Diggers were really impressive and won easily. Don't know what happened to Rupo the last couple of weeks but they were looking good two weeks ago and were terrible today! Diggers worked smarter and used the ball better and really won all over the ground. Be a tough game for the Bomber boys next week.

The umpires were disgraceful. Both teams had no idea what was going on, the held the game up in confusion over and over. This league needs some umpires with some idea... Hope they're better for us next weekend!!!
Posted weeks ago reckon diggers romsey grand final
Umpires need to let game flow and pay the basics after all they are part time umpires only if they are consistent it would make life easier all round

Was burlack given weeks
And is there for going to fight it
Or was it refered straight to the tribunal ??

Is it like the AFL when they take into account a medical report from the club?

Not sure Bill, but it can't have been too big a hit, cos the bloke who got bumped went on to get best on ground for Riddell for the day!!
Well done to Diggers. Cracking game coming up next week at Lancefield

Thanks for the quick response mate!

nks for the quick response mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New to the RDFL, but speaking to people in the crowd yesterday and today seemstit's Romsey v the rest of the RDFL.

New to the RDFL, but speaking to people in the crowd yesterday and today seemstit's Romsey v the rest of the RDFL. Why the common dislike?

The have nots are always jealous of the have's, and the club with the "rumoured" biggest budget.
Good luck to them if they've got it to spend.
Everybody also likes the underdog and this year that is clearly everybody but Romsey.

May have my wires crossed but with Romsey beating Riddell I thought they went straight into the Grandfinal...

Website shows Romsey play Rupo again on Saturday?

New to the RDFL, but speaking to people in the crowd yesterday and today seemstit's Romsey v the rest of the RDFL. Why the common dislike?
There is an old saying. build it and they shall come, the Commitee have built a strong club, Helmers has built a strong team. when your winning people want to be part of a winning culture.

May have my wires crossed but with Romsey beating Riddell I thought they went straight into the Grandfinal...

Website shows Romsey play Rupo again on Saturday?
It's an error. Rupo are out in straight sets, Riddell play Diggers and the winner plays Romsey in the big one.

I went to the EDFL Div.1 yesty, what happened at Rockbank? Five scoring shots in total from a list of that calibre I bloody couldnt believe it when I got home last night. Were Rupo missing players or Diggers just too good?

Riddell missing a few I noticed on Saturday, resting them up for a prelim I'm assuming or are some genuinely under a cloud still for this week?

Romsey smashed Riddell on the weekend

Stop kidding your selfs they have both hands on it
The only thing that might pri it away is rain for a week and on grand final day and a lot to go wrong
Even then it would be tuff
They recruited HEAVILY with the aim to win a flag that's a fact
And guess the question will be is how long the dinisty can last

Reckon diggers will beat riddle this week and if riddle wins even with 3-4 to return won't be able to compete with a rampant romsey

:D:D Woof woof

New to the RDFL, but speaking to people in the crowd yesterday and today seemstit's Romsey v the rest of the RDFL.
Romsey Redbacks are a bit like the Collingwood of the RDFNL either you love us or you hate us there is no in between. I think there is a bit of tall poppy syndrome to do with it too. But we have big shoulders, we are a strong, successful and united club and have been f or many many years and will be for many more to come.

Per
Romsey Redbacks are a bit like the Collingwood of the RDFNL either you love us or you hate us there is no in between. I think there is a bit of tall poppy syndrome to do with it too. But we have big shoulders, we are a strong, successful and united club and have been f or many many years and will be for many more to come.
Perhaps can change to black and white
Go pies :D

might have more to do with you blaming the umpires in 2012 and the injuries in 2013, no more excuses left I would have thought..

Sounds like I'm a minority in being a non Redback who actually hopes they win it.

Peddo has become a pretty good mate since we met thru my brother in law some time ago, and Deano actually offered me a role this year when another fell thru so I do show an interest in how they're going.

I think what they've done around the Reserve has ensured them a good future and those who can't get their own clubs to the same level will always go down the $$$ angle as an excuse.

What's done is done in terms of 2012, and injuries did ruin their hopes last year. Excuses, reasons they all carry merit at different times - but what happens if Diggers dont go one better given the fact the coach wasn't deemed the right bloke or Riddell too if they dont go back to back?

Sometimes the timing simply has to be right, lists healthy momentum on your side too at this time of year.

Anyway Bowen Medal night this week, can't remember who I said before the season (may have been Petroro or D. Murphy?) but maybe Petroro/Cariss/Chambers poll well early with Brad Mitchell also in the mix?

Unsure about the two's (sorry lads), and I'd love to see the little red head from Broadford (Wade Zol) poll well in the 3rds as his speed and ball carry may grab the eyes of the lads in Orange. Sadly Kilmore may not figure too much, Tilley best in the 1's, the 2's god knows and with so many of the guys playing 1's at times I'd be surprised if any of the lads figure in the top 5-6 of the 3rds either.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back