List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are peoples thoughts on Brayshaw? Having only seen highlights of the top 4 prospects, Brayshaw would be my clear favourite. Seems to hit up targets on both feet.

What are peoples thoughts on Brayshaw? Having only seen highlights of the top 4 prospects, Brayshaw would be my clear favourite. Seems to hit up targets on both feet.
Best pure mid in the draft for mine.

McCartin's (probably) the best forward, Durdin the best tall utility, Lever was probably the best tall defender pre-injury and Petracca is probably the best overall footballer...

So while he was apparently well held by Beasley, McCartin still kicked 2 goals.

Wright kicked 0, but I don't know if he was playing forward or ruck.

Had a thought just throwing it out there,why don't WE just pick Petracca
meerkat.jpg

Please beat the Crows next week (or at least don't lose by more than 12 goals)

If you manage this we won't try to steal Rhys Stanley off you.

win-win for everyone :)

Deals off, Richmond did the dirty work for us.

Bring Stanley to our doorstep on October 1st ;)

I'm all for picking Petracca at 1, but if the club really is set on McCartin then I suppose we are silly not to trade pick 1 for pick 3 and 20. We may get another Dunstan with that pick.
Only problem is the draft then might go
1. Tracca
2. McCartin
3. F$&@:&$/

Only problem is the draft then might go
1. Tracca
2. McCartin
3. F$&@:&$/

Wright or Brayshaw?

A different play on the discussion dominating this thread for last 3-4 months -> KPF or midfielder? (McCartin or Petracca)

Wright or Brayshaw?

A different play on the discussion dominating this thread for last 3-4 months -> KPF or midfielder? (McCartin or Petracca)
I would go KPF, it's so hard to find dominant key fowards outside of the first round.

Mids are found everywhere.

Also it allows us to be pretty bad next year compared to drafting an impact player like tracca who is ready to go and might win us games which means we lose out on next years top crop mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect mate, but Lachie is probably best of all, and Josh isn't much behind.

Agree that Petracca is a star in the making, and the Giants would love to have him, but we don't NEED him as much as the teams looking to trade would like..

With respect we need Petracca and another 3 like him quick:cool:

Not much tbh and thats why I'm against trading him. If we did I would want a two for one deal like the McEvoy deal. Eg. Player + pick/pick upgrade. The player would have to have shown enough to suggest he will be A grade and young to fit into our age demographic. Thats why I suggested Shiel and Treloar.
Sorry in advance for the late reply here (few days behind the thread)
What would you think of trading pick 1 and jack Steven for pick 3 and Dylan Shiel? In my books shiel is nearly as proven as steven with a little more youth on his side. And at worst we get Peter Wright at pick 3 which is not bad at all

Sorry in advance for the late reply here (few days behind the thread)
What would you think of trading pick 1 and jack Steven for pick 3 and Dylan Shiel? In my books shiel is nearly as proven as steven with a little more youth on his side. And at worst we get Peter Wright at pick 3 which is not bad at all
Pretty terriable since we are given away the 2 best peices. Even if you think Steven and Shiel are somewhat equal then it's still basically pick 1 for pick 3

All this jack Steven trade talk would be like 2 years ago port trading boak because he was 24.

I don't see why peltch would pull the trigger unless the offer was way way overs

I'm all for picking Petracca at 1, but if the club really is set on McCartin then I suppose we are silly not to trade pick 1 for pick 3 and 20. We may get another Dunstan with that pick.

I think it was well commented in an article yesterday about the difficulty in getting a good KPF. Doggies have been trying for 8 years and have not drafted one since Grant. so maybe we have to strike while the iron is hot and forego Petracca.

Need to get it right.

Hate to look at it like this, but - who has the more 'bust' potential of Petracca, McCartin, Wright or Brayshaw?

Gees I'd hate us to pick another 'Watts'.
Petracca seems to be the easiest pick to "gain face".
Even if he turns out to be merely OK, its not likely to cause a stink. There aren't many people getting stuck into Carlton because Gibbs isn't as good as Ablett, or Judd, or even Rockliff.
Then again, Gumbleton, Hansen, Lleuenberger, and Thorpe aren't exactly setting the world on fire either.

I think it was well commented in an article yesterday about the difficulty in getting a good KPF. Doggies have been trying for 8 years and have not drafted one since Grant. so maybe we have to strike while the iron is hot and forego Petracca.
Dogs will take Jayden Foster (194cm FF) as a F/S.

Could have had him last year but he had serious injury concerns; kicked 7 yesterday in the TAC finals...

I would think so, he only turned 18 4 months ago. 195cm is perfect for Paddy.
Paddy reminds me a bit of Jono Brown in the way he goes about it; Brown was 195/103.

Ultimately I think Paddy'll end up about the same size as Browny.

:thumbsu:

We might have already found one without sparing much exspence ;-)

Paddy reminds me a bit of Jono Brown in the way he goes about it; Brown was 195/103.

Ultimately I think Paddy'll end up about the same size as Browny.

:thumbsu:

His height must be seriously deceptive. Looking at him I would have said he is the slightest bit taller than crameri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back