No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking forward to the write ups this week and then on Thursday an article from goodes telling us he didn't stage, that he was actually touched and that he is offended that his reputation has been questioned.

He was hit high by the same invisible force that made Jimmy appear to dive last weekend.

Now I know why he received the Australian of the Year..His acting got his medal. :rolleyes: He has lost so much respect for all the antics he has carried on with. You really think you are the BEST don't you Goodes. Time you stopped your acting, you ()$&

Agreed. He has zero credibility in my eyes, he struts around like he owns the world and the authorities allow him to do it. Putting the racism issue to one side, how dare he hold up a game of football to push an agenda? That is just not on. The way he handled that was appalling. Then there's the way he plays outside the rules and continues to get away with it. He knows he's doing it because afterwards he's always looking up at the board to see how obvious it was in case he needs to face a charge.

Apparently he flipped the bird to the crowd after the game yesterday. The AFL have told us players and officials are not to do this, there has been precedence set, penalties given, and yet I'm willing to bet he gets away with it.

But the thing that offends me the most is his selection as Australian of the Year. For what reason could he have possibly been considered for this award? When you consider the many lower profile people in this country working hard towards health issues such as cancer, people working tirelessly to assist the homeless, and the many volunteers who give their time freely about 50-60 hours per week to assist with causes far greater than a stupid game of football. But no, they have to give it to an arrogant, over-paid high profile aboriginal who plays football, cheats, flips the bird at the crowd, and has 13 year old girls ejected from the game. "Australian of the Year" is now a joke award, and Goodes is a joke of a human being.

He introduced himself on marngrook in a prerecorded video a few weeks ago as "Hi everyone, it's adam goodes here, your australian of the year"

I don't think he quite understands how that comes across.

He introduced himself on marngrook in a prerecorded video a few weeks ago as "Hi everyone, it's adam goodes here, your australian of the year"

I don't think he quite understands how that comes across.

Especially on marngrook :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Hawk

I could not have put that in a better way. Those thoughts are exactly mine too. You are spot on. In all honesty, who in the hell does he think he is? He has done nothing to deserve that title. Why doesn't that lady, (I cant think of her name) who works hard to bring children from overseas to have treatment over here in Australia. Some of those poor kids and I think of that girl with the biggest tumour I have ever seen on her face..She has done so much for others that simply cannot afford to have treatment. Another one are the boys she bought over here, and he sings now ,and the twins who were separated, possibly even more I cant think of. I am sure there are so many more people in our country that deserve to be recognized. Goodes certainly does not deserve that title.

Agreed. He has zero credibility in my eyes, he struts around like he owns the world and the authorities allow him to do it. Putting the racism issue to one side, how dare he hold up a game of football to push an agenda? That is just not on. The way he handled that was appalling. Then there's the way he plays outside the rules and continues to get away with it. He knows he's doing it because afterwards he's always looking up at the board to see how obvious it was in case he needs to face a charge.

Apparently he flipped the bird to the crowd after the game yesterday. The AFL have told us players and officials are not to do this, there has been precedence set, penalties given, and yet I'm willing to bet he gets away with it.

But the thing that offends me the most is his selection as Australian of the Year. For what reason could he have possibly been considered for this award? When you consider the many lower profile people in this country working hard towards health issues such as cancer, people working tirelessly to assist the homeless, and the many volunteers who give their time freely about 50-60 hours per week to assist with causes far greater than a stupid game of football. But no, they have to give it to an arrogant, over-paid high profile aboriginal who plays football, cheats, flips the bird at the crowd, and has 13 year old girls ejected from the game. "Australian of the Year" is now a joke award, and Goodes is a joke of a human being.
tumblr_lrriwbQQ6S1qkjfz1o1_500.gif

Adelaide Hawk

I could not have put that in a better way. Those thoughts are exactly mine too. You are spot on. In all honesty, who in the hell does he think he is? He has done nothing to deserve that title. Why doesn't that lady, (I cant think of her name) who works hard to bring children from overseas to have treatment over here in Australia. Some of those poor kids and I think of that girl with the biggest tumour I have ever seen on her face..She has done so much for others that simply cannot afford to have treatment. Another one are the boys she bought over here, and he sings now ,and the twins who were separated, possibly even more I cant think of. I am sure there are so many more people in our country that deserve to be recognized. Goodes certainly does not deserve that title.

It's Moira Kelly and she has actually been nominated twice..
Wonderful woman and would be far more deserving.

images
images

Agree with everything AH says here. Sums up my feelings exactly. Haven't heard about the "bird," incident, but that would be because the Tiger supporters booed him every time he touched the ball, and that was from the first bounce.

Yet all the talk is about how Ross is the greatest ever coach.

Lyon, Scott and Horse all took over an established team finals ready.
Clarko took over a rabble and built a winning culture. That's the only stay I care about!

Yes, to me neither Longmire nor Scott have proved anything. Lyon is just simply overrated, yet to win a flag.

Sydney board think we are arrogant! Nothing new there.
They want to beat Freo, more than any other side because Freo have built their success with former Sydney talent. Now isn't that just a little hypocritical?

Sydney supporters aren't real footy fans, just as their club isn't a real football club. They live in a cocoon.

To be honest, the less the media, commentators, and the dickheads on tv, praise the opposition, the happier I am. It happened last year, except for a couple, they all picked the Dockers to win the GF..Well, you twits out there, :p :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Not one of them admitted they were wrong last year. Its a good feeling when we win, and they LOSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back