Coaching Panel Discussion

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have a s**t load of threads discussing all the changes we need, but I couldn't find which discusses the coaches and impending changes.

Bickley was on MMM this morning and announced he's contacted and staying, yay!

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
If Bickley is staying please ffs move him into another role..
If he is forward line coach next year....... :mad:

Maybe Bicks to midfield
Campo gone
New forward line coach
New senior asst

Clarke can stay or go, our lack of ruck depth is the issue not Clarke

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Bickley can stay at the Crows. Just move him to the mail room or something. Any role that isn't forwards coach. Hell maybe even move him into Campo's role for shits and giggles.

Campo uncontracted and expected to be leaving

Is this an actual fact or are you describing a recent dream?

Ec2TVI1.gif

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have a s**t load of threads discussing all the changes we need, but I couldn't find which discusses the coaches and impending changes.

Good news, he's a gun. Seriously though, it'll make it a damn sight easier to wave ta ta to sando. He surrounds himself with mediocrity and he deserves the results he gets. They will all get cleaned out when we recruit our next coach. Seriously thinking that noble is highly over-rated.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
JJ is a KPF, he is not a ruckman, not Clarke's fault it is what it is

2 things. He will beat a key position defender in a ruck contest. And, he will compete reasonably against a genuine ruckman. That allows sauce to take a breather and set himself up in our defensive zone. Of course he'd be the only one, because all our mids have pushed to the stoppage in the fwd 20. But, at least we'd have 1 player in our defensive zone.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
2 things. He will beat a key position defender in a ruck contest. And, he will compete reasonably against a genuine ruckman. That allows sauce to take a breather and set himself up in our defensive zone. Of course he'd be the only one, because all our mids have pushed to the stoppage in the fwd 20. But, at least we'd have 1 player in our defensive zone.

My point is this whether Clarke stays or goes is not the mission game changer, trade for another quality ruck like Giles and I have no concern with Clarke working with Sauce and Giles

For me Campo is a must to go, Essendon's midfield was a shambles under him and our midfield has under achieved

With this said if Bicks stays midfield coach is a more natural fit and this will allow us to find a new forward coach and also bring in a new senior asst

This would be a vast improvement on the current state

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
My point is this whether Clarke stays or goes is not the mission game changer, trade for another quality ruck like Giles and I have no concern with Clarke working with Sauce and Giles

For me Campo is a must to go, Essendon's midfield was a shambles under him and our midfield has under achieved

With this said if Bicks stays midfield coach is a more natural fit and this will allow us to find a new forward coach and also bring in a new senior asst

This would be a vast improvement on the current state

Mostly agree except Clarke shouldn't get a pass based only on sauce. Who have we developed underneath him? JJ has plateaued at a low level and neither Gus or Osborne has improved. He is a ruck coach. His job is to improve our ruck stocks. Sauce turned up in aa form in 2012 (natanui a joke), it's hard to credit Clarke for that. Maric and griffin both improved elsewhere. It's not certain he's a crab, but he certainly doesn't appear to be the best in the business. And that's what we should be seeking at all times.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Mostly agree except Clarke shouldn't get a pass based only on sauce. Who have we developed underneath him? JJ has plateaued at a low level and neither Gus or Osborne has improved. He is a ruck coach. His job is to improve our ruck stocks. Sauce turned up in aa form in 2012 (natanui a joke), it's hard to credit Clarke for that. Maric and griffin both improved elsewhere. It's not certain he's a crab, but he certainly doesn't appear to be the best in the business. And that's what we should be seeking at all times.

If Cox is available and we can get him it's a no brainier however a Snr Asst, Forward Coach, getting rid of Campo and a new head of fitness are the more important changes

Good news, he's a gun. Seriously though, it'll make it a damn sight easier to wave ta ta to sando. He surrounds himself with mediocrity and he deserves the results he gets. They will all get cleaned out when we recruit our next coach. Seriously thinking that noble is highly over-rated.

I don't think Noble is necessarily over or under-rated. The problem is he has been lumped with everyone elses job this season. Instead of doing one job really well he's doing a mediocre job of 3 or 4 roles.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Cox is available and we can get him it's a no brainier however a Snr Asst, Forward Coach, getting rid of Campo and a new head of fitness are the more important changes

Agree again, but in each identified position we should be seeking the best. We have a footy dept head and a gm of hr. We put the feelers out for all positions at the same time. We cannot just say, "oh, we didn't get to improving our ruck coach because a mid coach, senior assistant, fitness and fwd coach were more important". It's not a linear process, we can attempt to recruit them all at the same time.

Back