C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righto. Real stuff is here. Big weekend of footy coming up.

Marcellin vs. Hampton
Marcellin have been the best side all year, but only just. If they have a bogey side it's our boys. Convincingly beaten both times this year. Hard to take a form line into the finals as HR have been doing enough to consolidate a double chance before pantsing an in-form OC last week. Without looking at team lists one suspects OC's focus was more on securing the 2s a finals berth than the Seniors finishing on a high. However, having seen the 'ins' for HR I'm finding it hard not to get excited about the prospect of seeing the club back in B Section by 5pm tomorrow. You can throw in all the clichés about finals footy which generally run true and on this occasion I think it will by virtue of it being a tighter contest than the previous 2 meetings. HR know how to win the big games and I'm backing them to do so tomorrow. Rovers by 5-6 goals.

Monash vs. Parkdale
Pretty simple here. Kick 10+ goals against les argen's boys and you're every chance to be in front at the final siren. Just the one occasion (coincidentally in Rd.10) has an opposition bagged 10 against the Blues and lost the game. Monash have been the best defensive team all year and I'm a firm believer in defence wins you finals. Parkdale's back end has given away over 53 goals more than the Blues in the H&A season whilst only kicking 3 more across the year than their opponents for Sunday's clash. On that stat alone my money is on the B Section dream to stay alive for Monash. Blues by 4 goals.

PEGS & Wellers in the magoos. SKOB & PEGS in the early morning shift.

Good luck to all teams competing over the weekend.

Righto. Real stuff is here. Big weekend of footy coming up.

Marcellin vs. Hampton
Marcellin have been the best side all year, but only just. If they have a bogey side it's our boys. Convincingly beaten both times this year. Hard to take a form line into the finals as HR have been doing enough to consolidate a double chance before pantsing an in-form OC last week. Without looking at team lists one suspects OC's focus was more on securing the 2s a finals berth than the Seniors finishing on a high. However, having seen the 'ins' for HR I'm finding it hard not to get excited about the prospect of seeing the club back in B Section by 5pm tomorrow. You can throw in all the clichés about finals footy which generally run true and on this occasion I think it will by virtue of it being a tighter contest than the previous 2 meetings. HR know how to win the big games and I'm backing them to do so tomorrow. Rovers by 5-6 goals.

Monash vs. Parkdale
Pretty simple here. Kick 10+ goals against les argen's boys and you're every chance to be in front at the final siren. Just the one occasion (coincidentally in Rd.10) has an opposition bagged 10 against the Blues and lost the game. Monash have been the best defensive team all year and I'm a firm believer in defence wins you finals. Parkdale's back end has given away over 53 goals more than the Blues in the H&A season whilst only kicking 3 more across the year than their opponents for Sunday's clash. On that stat alone my money is on the B Section dream to stay alive for Monash. Blues by 4 goals.

PEGS & Wellers in the magoos. SKOB & PEGS in the early morning shift.

Good luck to all teams competing over the weekend.
I agree, Hampton easily over Marcellin and Monash in low scoring affair. What happened to PEGS this yr? They had 3 players named in the team if the year. Skurrie, Livori and Pound. They also had two named as unlucky in Flaherty and Forrest. Four years in a row they have finished 5th. They beat Marcellin and lost by a kick, smashed Hampton early days and beat Parkdale a few rounds back.

Eagles have been the benchmark all year and were thereabouts last year as well and deserve to go to B tomorrow. Sorry Mick your boys will have to wait another week. Marcellin by 20 points.

Monash have the weapons to get over the line but might be tempted to bring a few back from injury?? As Mick said their defence is outstanding. Vultures finished the year strong but I reckon they'll fall short. Ashes by 2 goals.

Good luck to all (particularly those in the light blue!!)

Eagles have been the benchmark all year and were thereabouts last year as well and deserve to go to B tomorrow. Sorry Mick your boys will have to wait another week. Marcellin by 20 points.

Monash have the weapons to get over the line but might be tempted to bring a few back from injury?? As Mick said their defence is outstanding. Vultures finished the year strong but I reckon they'll fall short. Ashes by 2 goals.

Credit to Marcellin, to have finished on top after losing a lot of gun senior players. Is it just me or was C grade a little weaker this year? Hampton appear to have peaked at the right time of year. There mid field is super impressive. Don't know all there names but with the tall ruck men, ting, fletcher, few others, it's a quality midfield. They have good wingmen and a solid backline and forward line. Monash have been very impressive this year. Appear to have a heap of 6 ft 1 running types. Marcellin beat them twice this year so don't match up that well against Marcellin. Monash have a solid backline, solid on ball line and good tall fwd that gives them good structure. They are a very even side. Parkdale have peaked at the right time, playing bottom half teams in the back 5-6 games and have good momentum. They rested players last week, did the same 2 years ago when they were premiers in C. Marcellin amaze me, they have done such a great job to finish on top. Carlson is a gun, however don't have a tall backline or overly potent fwd line yet they finished on top. They had a gun reserve team last year, maybe a lot of these players have come on. Still think Hampton 5-6 goals. Monash 1-2 goals.

Credit to Marcellin, to have finished on top after losing a lot of gun senior players. Is it just me or was C grade a little weaker this year? Hampton appear to have peaked at the right time of year. There mid field is super impressive. Don't know all there names but with the tall ruck men, ting, fletcher, few others, it's a quality midfield. They have good wingmen and a solid backline and forward line. Monash have been very impressive this year. Appear to have a heap of 6 ft 1 running types. Marcellin beat them twice this year so don't match up that well against Marcellin. Monash have a solid backline, solid on ball line and good tall fwd that gives them good structure. They are a very even side. Parkdale have peaked at the right time, playing bottom half teams in the back 5-6 games and have good momentum. They rested players last week, did the same 2 years ago when they were premiers in C. Marcellin amaze me, they have done such a great job to finish on top. Carlson is a gun, however don't have a tall backline or overly potent fwd line yet they finished on top. They had a gun reserve team last year, maybe a lot of these players have come on. Still think Hampton 5-6 goals. Monash 1-2 goals.

Yep a little weaker this year for sure

Yep a little weaker this year for sure
Werribee 3 yrs ago were unbelievable. Parkdale 2 yrs ago would beat the current Parkdake team by 15 goals. Mazenod was pretty impressive last year. Ivanhoe were to good for C grade. Monash look to have same team as last yr and Marcellin lost players. Hampton have come into C in a good year.

Werribee 3 yrs ago were unbelievable. Parkdale 2 yrs ago would beat the current Parkdake team by 15 goals. Mazenod was pretty impressive last year. Ivanhoe were to good for C grade. Monash look to have same team as last yr and Marcellin lost players. Hampton have come into C in a good year.
Agree pretty much except I think Monash are better this year. Mazenod 2013 model would easily beat all 2014 finalists. St bedes when they came through c grade were the best side I've seen at this level.

Agree
Agree pretty much except I think Monash are better this year. Mazenod 2013 model would easily beat all 2014 finalists. St bedes when they came through c grade were the best side I've seen at this level.
Agree Monash have probably improved. They are also 2 years into a program with the new coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without the diatribe and the 'programs', I'm tipping Hamton to win and Monash to win. I have a gut feeling that Marcellin is a tad ahead of themselves.

It looks like the concensus from C tipsters is a convivial on grand final day. So be it.

You can view the record online via the VAFA website, LF.

So who is winning this pissing contest, fellas? Who's got the biggest member? Seriously..? The mind boggles at the incessant need for the media to compare greats of the game just as much as blokes on here comparing C Section teams of the past. I'm pretty sure whoever wins the GF couldn't give a flying f*#k which year had the strongest Premiership line up. The fact is 22 blokes will have a life long bond in a fortnight's time and I question whether they'll be mulling over teams before them being a higher quality outfit.
Great win by our boys today. Sensational effort to arrest the double drop with a double promotion and potential back-to-back.
Not sure how they're going to squeeze Devereaux, Pinto & Verlin in for the big dance.

Looks like Marcellin are in danger of bombing out in straight sets yet again. When the game was there to be won coming into the final qtr, when the margin was only 3 points the difference at 3/4 time, the Rovers responded a lot better than the Eagles did. Now Marcellin have the job ahead of them and must await the winner of Monash v Parkdale. In tennis terms, it's advantage Rovers.

Looks like Marcellin are in danger of bombing out in straight sets yet again. When the game was there to be won coming into the final qtr, when the margin was only 3 points the difference at 3/4 time, the Rovers responded a lot better than the Eagles did. Now Marcellin have the job ahead of them and must await the winner of Monash v Parkdale. In tennis terms, it's advantage Rovers.
You are starting to sound a little cocky there, Jase.:)

So who is winning this pissing contest, fellas? Who's got the biggest member? Seriously..? The mind boggles at the incessant need for the media to compare greats of the game just as much as blokes on here comparing C Section teams of the past. I'm pretty sure whoever wins the GF couldn't give a flying f*#k which year had the strongest Premiership line up. The fact is 22 blokes will have a life long bond in a fortnight's time and I question whether they'll be mulling over teams before them being a higher quality outfit.
Great win by our boys today. Sensational effort to arrest the double drop with a double promotion and potential back-to-back.
Not sure how they're going to squeeze Devereaux, Pinto & Verlin in for the big dance.
Hampton always going to win today! Reckon Parkdake slight chance tomorrow. Monash have fallen away little towards the end. They also play a style that might not be suited to finals footy pressure and intensity. Having said that they were on fire middle of the year. Hampton Monash/ Parkdale on par then Marcellin top 4 in order of best teams in the four. Tomorrow will be a cracking game. Tipped Hampton by 6 goals today.

How have Monash fallen away? Their form stacks up just fine. Lost 2 of their last 10 games to the top 2 sides and weren't disgraced in either of them. Silly comment to make.

How have Monash fallen away? Their form stacks up just fine. Lost 2 of their last 10 games to the top 2 sides and weren't disgraced in either of them. Silly comment to make.
Well done UM, well deserved. The way your club is run these days is the benchmark for most other clubs.
Parkdale easy today against a club with no soul

Just a quick thought…

When was the last time Hampton where in the same division for more than 1 year?

I think they are the pick of the clubs at the moment in the Bayside region. Their president and committee seem to be doing an amazing job. Great facilities at Boss James, great coterie group and now a handy link with Sandringham Zebras.

Reading the Herald Sun today noticed that the Premier C GF is at Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham. Can anyone confirm if it's true or not?

od
Well done UM, well deserved. The way your club is run these days is the benchmark for most other clubs.
Parkdale easy today against a club with no soul
you tipped correctly Bedford but you've got no idea about anything else. At least we won't have to put up with your whinging and negativity next year. Would have guessed that someone who spent so much time around footy would have some perception but clearly not. Embarrassing really. Les out.

Ps well done to Parky and also the rovers yesdy. Great to see so many homegrown juniors in the parkdale side.

Just a quick thought…
When was the last time Hampton where in the same division for more than 1 year?

HR timeline since 2000:
2015: B Section
2014: C Section
2013: D1 Section Premiers
2012: C Section (relegated)
2011: B Section (relegated)
2010: B Section
2009: B Section
2008: C Section Runner-up
2007: D1 Runner-up
2006: C Section (relegated)
2005: C Section