EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I follow your logic, G'vale/EDS will be able to field anyone qualified for reserves footy, Abers/Smore won't be able to do this with their senior sides playing finals.

I could be wrong, but is it if both senior teams are playing on same week then regardless of whether a player has qualified for reserves he can play reserves?

I could be wrong, but is it if both senior teams are playing on same week then regardless of whether a player has qualified for reserves he can play reserves?
I don't know tbh, I was just assuming that with the senior side obviously still in contention that there would be some guys in that side who would drop back if they weren't playing in the later game.

The finals are here and if the Home and Away is anything to go by it should be a cracking series. Slightly disappointed the Jets didn't sneak in as I think them versus Abers would have been enthralling. No disrespect to Keilor they have been amazing but I think they are 6 goals behind the top 3. Based on that obviously I am tipping Abers to win by 36 points. In the Second semi Strathmore takes on Avondal Heights and 2 talent laden forward lines will lock horns under sunny blue skies. Whichever midfield gains the ascendency could be the difference. I have been on the Mores bandwagon for most of the year and I am not getting off now. Mores by 4 points.

That's how it works up here. If both your 1sts and 2nds play finals on the same weekend the qualification rulings don't apply
Well there you go, cheers for updating me fellas. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Would appreciate a rundown of Strathmore/Avondale match from someone who attended. I am travelling o/s at the moment and couldn't attend match. I see Galea got 7. He is an absolute gun. I also see that for the 2nd successive week I think, Avondale only had 3 goal kickers? Galea, Rose and Grabowski.

Abers looking unassailable against Keilor at three quarter time.

Last edited:
Would appreciate a rundown of Strathmore/Avondale match from someone who attended. I am travelling o/s at the moment and couldn't attend match. I see Galea got 7. He is an absolute gun. I also see that for the 2nd successive week I think, Avondale only had 3 goal kickers? Galea, Rose and Grabowski.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you message Cash Manning , Old Full Forward , Footy Junky or whatever the self professed EDFL expert wants to call himself this week , he should be able to give you a run down on all games.
Whether he was at the game or not , he'll know all about it.
Interesting to see how successful his recruiting next year will be ??
And who he will be recruiting for . Tullamarine or someone else.
Maybe things aren't exactly super duper with the Best Coach in EDFL History and a few of the boys

If you message Cash Manning , Old Full Forward , Footy Junky or whatever the self professed EDFL expert wants to call himself this week , he should be able to give you a run down on all games.
Whether he was at the game or not , he'll know all about it.
Interesting to see how successful his recruiting next year will be ??
And who he will be recruiting for . Tullamarine or someone else.
Maybe things aren't exactly super duper with the Best Coach in EDFL History and a few of the boys
Ah!!! Jack you are back. Not sure y u posted this in the Premier division section but we all know you are not very smart. Haven't heard from you for about 12 months. Must have been a solid jail term. Good to have u back.

See my post last week. The draw V Strathmore...3 goal scorers. The loss to Keilor R 18...3 goal scorers. The loss first final...3 goal scorers. Talk on here about who's coach of the year. For mine Coach Gazi doesn't come close.

Ah!!! Jack you are back. Not sure y u posted this in the Premier division section but we all know you are not very smart. Haven't heard from you for about 12 months. Must have been a solid jail term. Good to have u back.
Thanks for the welcome back. Nice to know that everything that I stated is correct because their was no clarification or denial from you , of all my reliable info that leaks from the Tullamarine bowel

Thanks for the welcome back. Nice to know that everything that I stated is correct because their was no clarification or denial from you , of all my reliable info that leaks from the Tullamarine bowel
Well not everything is correct. All good at Tulla mate thanks for asking, Busy week with the GF this week and all. As you would understand I am pretty busy this week. How is your team going? Just be trying my hardest to get the choccies. GFs are hard to win so the boys and I are looking fwd to it.

Very good standard game as you would expect. I thought Strathmore controlled most of the play early but probably didn't get reward for effort. Little, Grima and Knight were all very dangerous and Lyons and iaccabucci (don't know how to spell it) were on top in the midfield. Second term was an arm wrestle with the Mores maintaining their handy lead and when Tiller got an ankle injury it put even more strain on the Heights defense. The 3rd term saw a spirited comeback from the Heights lead by Byrne in the ruck and Galea up fwd with 4 for the term. He is a terrific one on one player who reads the flight of the ball superbly. With 4 points the difference at 3 quarter time the Mores showed their composure in the last with Little on fire up fwd and Knighter providing some more of his surging runs. Heights threatened but never really looked like they had the Mores measure. Strathmore now head to the Big Dance whilst Avondale need to regroup to face the rampaging Abers. Hey Jack what did you think? any good? or should I stick to coaching

Very good standard game as you would expect. I thought Strathmore controlled most of the play early but probably didn't get reward for effort. Little, Grima and Knight were all very dangerous and Lyons and iaccabucci (don't know how to spell it) were on top in the midfield. Second term was an arm wrestle with the Mores maintaining their handy lead and when Tiller got an ankle injury it put even more strain on the Heights defense. The 3rd term saw a spirited comeback from the Heights lead by Byrne in the ruck and Galea up fwd with 4 for the term. He is a terrific one on one player who reads the flight of the ball superbly. With 4 points the difference at 3 quarter time the Mores showed their composure in the last with Little on fire up fwd and Knighter providing some more of his surging runs. Heights threatened but never really looked like they had the Mores measure. Strathmore now head to the Big Dance whilst Avondale need to regroup to face the rampaging Abers. Hey Jack what did you think? any good? or should I stick to coaching
Thanks for that excellent in depth summation Full Fwd. Trying to keep up from a distance of 15,000 K's. I was hoping, and probably Avondale supporters were too, for a closer and probably tougher physical clash between Abers and Keilor. Abers have certainly run into top form at the business end. Interesting to see if 6 day break this week has any effect on them. Got some very good players in 2's this week: Oswald, Craven, J Hislop, Romanyk.

Last edited:
See my post last week. The draw V Strathmore...3 goal scorers. The loss to Keilor R 18...3 goal scorers. The loss first final...3 goal scorers. Talk on here about who's coach of the year. For mine Coach Gazi doesn't come close.

The two forwards for Avondale have kicked 160 goals between them for the season and Avondale are the highest scoring side in the league. It becomes a problem with less goal scorers than other sides when your forwards are held but this has not been the case. Avondale's forward line or ability to score goals is not the problem that they have. I noticed that when Avondale moved forward they kicked it to a contested option of Galea and he kicked 7. In watching the second semi, it appeared that they started poorly to give Strathmore a 5 goal lead at half time. They hit the front in the last quarter but Strathmore just put the foot on the pedal and appeared fresher. Tiller looked to be in trouble early and did not return to the field after quarter time. May have affected their key backline setup. Not sure what you mean by Gazi coaching ability when he got them to finish equal first

Last edited:
Disagree thought the standard was poor for the Saturday game, plenty of mistakes and a really defensive unattractive scrappy game that was played in perfect conditions. Strathmore totally in control except when they went to sleep in the 3rd quarter. On watching both games I think Abers would be favourite to win this week and then would expect them to beat Strathmore in the big dance.

Disagree thought the standard was poor for the Saturday game, plenty of mistakes and a really defensive unattractive scrappy game that was played in perfect conditions. Strathmore totally in control except when they went to sleep in the 3rd quarter. On watching both games I think Abers would be favourite to win this week and then would expect them to beat Strathmore in the big dance.

Agree I thought parts of Saturday's game were of poor standard too in near perfect conditions. How good was Galea though!

Cartelli due back this week for Avondale will help however injuries to Tiller and was it Tanner won't?

Credit to Keilor for making the finals - deserved their spot and really worked back into the contest for the last part of the second quarter and early part of the third however the Rillaz got things back on terms and kicked away late in the third and controlled the last quarter.

Thought Browne was brilliant for Keilor all day.

Reimo, Little Gazza (M. Lynch) and the Ledge LD were outstanding for Abers plus good to see Grub get another game under his belt.

Weather looks pyar again for Saturday so should be a great day of local footy finals.

Agree I thought parts of Saturday's game were of poor standard too in near perfect conditions. How good was Galea though!

Cartelli due back this week for Avondale will help however injuries to Tiller and was it Tanner won't?

Credit to Keilor for making the finals - deserved their spot and really worked back into the contest for the last part of the second quarter and early part of the third however the Rillaz got things back on terms and kicked away late in the third and controlled the last quarter.

Thought Browne was brilliant for Keilor all day.

Reimo, Little Gazza (M. Lynch) and the Ledge LD were outstanding for Abers plus good to see Grub get another game under his belt.

Weather looks pyar again for Saturday so should be a great day of local footy finals.

Thought Abers looked clinical in their display and should only get stronger with inclusions this week (Oswald, Craven). Tom Hislop timing back from injury perfect, he looked up and about. Big ask for Avondale without Tiller as Abers forward line very dangerous. Would Toy get first go at Gallea? If so, be a fantastic contest.

On another note, any EDSFC faithful able to provide which players they expect to lose as a result of the relegation and any ideas who will coach with Barham stepping down?

On another note, any EDSFC faithful able to provide which players they expect to lose as a result of the relegation and any ideas who will coach with Barham stepping down?

Thought douttas would be an ideal destination for prospective players following an unlucky relegation.... Big chance of a flag next year

Maybe not as dominant but it's not unlike oak park a few years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back