Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a bunch of kids (guessing 16/17 year old, built very lightly) that I'm currently clashing times with

I dont tend to stick my nose in peoples workouts and whether theyre using good form or have a decent routine, but they all huddle around a single machine (5 of them) and 2 or 3 rotate through it while the other 2 or 3 sit on the machines next to them on, all with phones out gossiping etc

Then when seperated, I noticed today one was running back and forth between the split group talking to them during their sets and they all had cheeky grins on their faces like a bunch of school kids asking someone out for their friend, all whispering under their breath and showing each other whats on their phones

The whole scene shits me, they do absolutely stuff all/never break a sweat, just wander around sitting on empty machines talking to each other while 1 guy does hamstring curls getting a set of 15 reps done in 7 seconds

got a bunch of kids (guessing 16/17 year old, built very lightly) that I'm currently clashing times with

I dont tend to stick my nose in peoples workouts and whether theyre using good form or have a decent routine, but they all huddle around a single machine (5 of them) and 2 or 3 rotate through it while the other 2 or 3 sit on the machines next to them on, all with phones out gossiping etc

Then when seperated, I noticed today one was running back and forth between the split group talking to them during their sets and they all had cheeky grins on their faces like a bunch of school kids asking someone out for their friend, all whispering under their breath and showing each other whats on their phones

The whole scene shits me, they do absolutely stuff all/never break a sweat, just wander around sitting on empty machines talking to each other while 1 guy does hamstring curls getting a set of 15 reps done in 7 seconds

if you were to approach them asking to use the apparatus they are merely sitting on they'd go all group tough and berate you.

thoughts on people who wear workboots (ie blundstones) to the gym
There a group of CFMEU guys who train at Doherty's city before they go to work on CBD building sites - justified in those circumstances - otherwise no

not only is it gross, its downright dangerous. imagine you're pumping what 100kg bench press and your focus dissipates as the odour singes your nostrils. crushed sternum.

If you use Protein Powder - such farts are unavoidable and necessary

went in today and a guy had a massive beatbox (nuke weapon sized) plugged in a pumping out techno for the time was there, draining out any other sound/music in the joint

I didnt mind as much, I didnt hate the music and spent most of my time on the other side of the gym, but at first I was convinced it was property of the gym just because of the pure size of it (who the * would want to lug it around, set it up and pack it up for a 40 minute gym session? headphones bro), then I saw him packing it up and taking it home

He was an oddly looking guy, I couldnt quite put my finger on it, certainly pyscho killer tendancies

But yeah it just kind of shocked me somebody would go to all that effort, and be so inconsiderate to the other peeps in the gym

that's crazy!

if he was running a class, then ok. but just in the open area. surely management should be alerted to this

Its unbelievable - would have interfered with the enjoyable listening to Taylor Swift over the PA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else seen mums bringing their stupid little kid(s) along to the gym?!

Was surprised to see it the other day, little kid sitting in a corner (right next to a squat rack) with toys and s**t strewn around it.. wtf how is that allowed?

Good thing the kid wasnt running around and I had earphones in so didnt hear anything, but still the mum kept wandering back and forth between each of her set to tend to the kid or taking it to the toilet, etc.. was so annoying!

Was surprised to see it the other day, little kid sitting in a corner (right next to a squat rack) with toys and s**t strewn around it.. wtf how is that allowed?

Good thing the kid wasnt running around and I had earphones in so didnt hear anything, but still the mum kept wandering back and forth between each of her set to tend to the kid or taking it to the toilet, etc.. was so annoying!

that is very poor. the gym should be charged, why the gym? cause they must enforce safety and rules. unless there are none, then the mum should be told off

that is very poor. the gym should be charged, why the gym? cause they must enforce safety and rules. unless there are none, then the mum should be told off

Well I doubt its gonna happen, the parents are regulars who has regular PT sessions so the PTs and staff are all fake-smiley and polite to them and the kids..

Might have to drop a loaded barbell close by one of these days to give a gentle reminder that the gym isnt a freakin day care.

Slack and dangerous gym. All for gym's having creche's if that's their target market. But kids shouldn't be in the weights area. My gym has signs to that effect. If the kid cops a dumbbell or weight dropped on them by bumping into someone working out the parents and gym are 100% to blame.

Edit: Surely this must break OH&S laws as well. I can't see any way you could take it as not leading to an unsafe environment / workplace.

Today this guy was next to me and started a conversation out from nowhere:

Him: "I get pretty sore once I get back into gym for a while"

Me: "Yeah, you've got to ease back into it"

Him: "It doesn't help that my girlfriend keeps hitting me. Luckily I tense up my arms when she does it and it doesn't hurt as much"

Me: *holding onto my weights and trying to start my set*

Him: "I'm only new here. Does this place have basketball courts?"

Me: "Yeah, there's about 3 or 4 just down the foyer. There's a pool too"

Him: "I love pools - they're bloody great. I wash cars so I get lots of cuts and bruises. They clear up really well when I go for a swim. I wear gloves to try and protect my hands. I'm a forklift driver too so I like to push things. I had to push this heavy cart last night so I'm really sore. It doesn't help that my girlfriend keeps whacking me. Sometimes I slap her on the ass and she chases after me"

By this stage, I've kind of blocked him out so I can do my set. He keeps talking to me..

Him: "I have a mate up in Queensland who has to get up at 3am to work on his crops. I used to have late ones back when I was 16. I used to get into punch-ons nearly every weekend. It's a miracle that I never got locked up. I used to do steroids as well"

Me: "How old were you when you did steroids?"

Him: "I was 16. I'm 32 now and I definitely wouldn't recommend them. I used to do them to get the chicks, ya know? I got so dehydrated once that I nearly died. I ended up in hospital and everything"

I didn't even prompt this guy. He just kept going and going and telling me his life story. He didn't even pause when I was doing my sets.

Maybe he
Today this guy was next to me and started a conversation out from nowhere:

Him: "I get pretty sore once I get back into gym for a while"

Me: "Yeah, you've got to ease back into it"

Him: "It doesn't help that my girlfriend keeps hitting me. Luckily I tense up my arms when she does it and it doesn't hurt as much"

Me: *holding onto my weights and trying to start my set*

Him: "I'm only new here. Does this place have basketball courts?"

Me: "Yeah, there's about 3 or 4 just down the foyer. There's a pool too"

Him: "I love pools - they're bloody great. I wash cars so I get lots of cuts and bruises. They clear up really well when I go for a swim. I wear gloves to try and protect my hands. I'm a forklift driver too so I like to push things. I had to push this heavy cart last night so I'm really sore. It doesn't help that my girlfriend keeps whacking me. Sometimes I slap her on the ass and she chases after me"

By this stage, I've kind of blocked him out so I can do my set. He keeps talking to me..

Him: "I have a mate up in Queensland who has to get up at 3am to work on his crops. I used to have late ones back when I was 16. I used to get into punch-ons nearly every weekend. It's a miracle that I never got locked up. I used to do steroids as well"

Me: "How old were you when you did steroids?"

Him: "I was 16. I'm 32 now and I definitely wouldn't recommend them. I used to do them to get the chicks, ya know? I got so dehydrated once that I nearly died. I ended up in hospital and everything"

I didn't even prompt this guy. He just kept going and going and telling me his life story. He didn't even pause when I was doing my sets.
Maybe he was just looking for a gym budy.

Doing deadlifts last night, the Anytime i go to has a squatrack with a wooden platform. In between my sets i went to get a drink (i had left my towel and hoodie on the bar to let people know it was being used), come back to two blokes basically standing on the edge of the platform doing shoulder exercises. Basically in the way of doing deadlifts, or to close for comfort, then even worse halfway through one of my sets he walks over the platform directly behind me. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back