2014 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In comparison with Daisy and Tippett both on $650K/yr or more?

On the open market a gun key back in the prime of his career is worth over $600K/yr.

Well we're about to find out. Given he can join a club of his choice, we'll see if someone offers him that kind of money.

Well we're about to find out. Given he can join a club of his choice, we'll see if someone offers him that kind of money.

Struggling to remember 12 months ago. How quickly after the home and away season do free agents make their intentions known? Obviously they can't sign until the free agency window and the Cats are still in the finals mix, when can we expect to hear figures?

If we end up picking at spot five and the rumours that are true that we intend to take three kpp's from the academy, I would be back on board with taking welller, he would be a reach (on a pure talent stand point) but we need to maintain some list balance and drafting another qldr can only help the future retention strategy

If we end up picking at spot five and the rumours that are true that we intend to take three kpp's from the academy, I would be back on board with taking welller, he would be a reach (on a pure talent stand point) but we need to maintain some list balance and drafting another qldr can only help the future retention strategy

Yeah if Brayshaw is gone, I'd be looking seriously at Weller. Might be paying "overs" depending on how you look at it, but not by much. He'd be good for an extra 500 female memberships a year too. ;)

Yeah if Brayshaw is gone, I'd be looking seriously at Weller. Might be paying "overs" depending on how you look at it, but not by much. He'd be good for an extra 500 female memberships a year too. ;)

Fills a lot of gaps...can take over Ash McGrath's number 9 and would surely count as our mandatory Tasmanian pick for the draft

Peter Wright on TAC Future Stars today, speaks well, size wise he was standing next to Petrie and he didn't look small in size and he still looks like he'll add more size (muscle wise), big unit already. He says his more of a forward than a ruck and that's where he feels he'll play his best footy.

Let them decide -
PZ0A0010_1.jpg

Would be probably paying overs, but i wouldn't be against Weller. At least it is a safe pick, home grown, won't leave and will help boost the QLD profile. Especially when we might add Keays to that next year as well.

I actually think that if we drop to 5 and the usual suspects are taken in the first 4 then we might go lever/Laverde/Goddard. I'm hoping for Brayshaw though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Weller. He'll be a gun. Very good skills
but we can easily trade with a west coast or adelaide for thier pick and a solid or young player and still be able to get weller with a pick from 10-15

but we can easily trade with a west coast or adelaide for thier pick and a solid or young player and still be able to get weller with a pick from 10-15
Would be surprised if the Suns don't take him.

Suns have been closely linked to him all year. I think they'll feel hard done by if we stole him.

Let's do it.
with a pick at 7/8 depending on what melbourne get for frawley and pick 15/16 from geelongs compensation I reckon they are in a prime position to nab, though the fact he doesn't necessarily meet their needs is besides the point for clayton

I think it was Dean Warren that said the club would take a QLDer if they had a choice between 2 similar players of ability. Guess it depends how the club rates Weller. He is a classy type of player that we could use. Hopefully someone else drops and the decision is made easy for us.

Heard a rumour from a reliable source that he may "tank" the club interviews much the same as Wingard done a few years ago.
Mate you got rumours comin from every direction known to man kind. Your either related to every junior in the country or making it up.

I would have thought a key to effectively tanking a draft interview would be to not run around in advance telling people you are going to tank your draft interview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back