2014 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently all the money in the last 2 weeks has been for Lewis Taylor, now into $4.50 a few days ago (in from $15.00)

A blinder of a game today from Bonts will probably seal the deal for him, and yes, it is unfair for Taylor's chances that The Dogs are playing GWS.

Bontempelli's game today has to stop the brisbane posters surely... he has won the award... anything else would be robbery.
o_O

Taylor had a pretty decent game too and a pretty good season. Not sure it would be considered 'robbery' if he got up. Though having said that I still think Bonts will win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont's consistency will be an issue for him. Taylor hasn't played a bad game all year and certainly has been very impressive in more than just a few games.
Because Bontempelli's had sooooo many bad games. :drunk:

He hasn't had that many good games either.
I'm not the one implying that if Taylor wins it will be an outrage. Brisbane supporters are acting like Taylor should be a certainty.

It's a 50/50 call, and Bontempelli will probably win because he stands out more. To say his consistency is an issue is just plain wrong.

Not sure why you say robbery. Taylor had a great game against Geelong, Bonti also had a great game but against GWS.

Bontempelli's game against Geelong this year was pretty good. 20 odd disposals, two goals and 10 tackles (was probably out best player, we only lost by 14).

Opponent doesn't matter, especially when you are talking about 18 year old kids

Bontempelli's game against Geelong this year was pretty good. 20 odd disposals, two goals and 10 tackles (was probably out best player, we only lost by 14).

Opponent doesn't matter, especially when you are talking about 18 year old kids
I would have to disagree here. If you are playing in a strong team (Hawks) and playing against a weak team (Melbourne etc) the players are more likely to get disposals, goals etc as that team has more possession (in most cases).

Taylor was probably better last night against a much stronger opponent.

Taylor:

22 disposals, 6 contested, 50% efficiency, 4 clangers, 3 marks, (0 contested, 1 inside 50), 0 clearances, 1 rebound 50, 0 free kicks, 1 free against, 2 tackles, 1 1%er, 1 inside 50, 1 goal.

Bontempelli:

19 disposals, 10 contested, 68.4% efficiency, 0 clangers, 4 marks (1 contested, 1 inside 50), 5 clearances, 1 rebound 50, 0 free kicks, 0 frees against, 2 tackles, 6 1%ers, 7 inside 50's, 2 goals.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah ok.

I don't understand when people talk about Bontempelli being marked down for consistency when compared to Taylor. He has actually been that much less consistent than Taylor and has actually had fewer poor games (though he has less games overall). Bontempelli's 'poorer' games are actually closer to the standard of Taylor's average games. They just look bad because his big games are so huge.

The thing that is in favour of Taylor is the number of games he has played. Not consistency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back