Game Day North vs Essendon Elimination final [CONFIRMED - SATURDAY NIGHT 7:15PM @ MCG]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thoughts on teams? Any news on the fitness of Hansen and Greenwood?

Best case scenario:

Out: Jacobs, Macmillan, Wood, Currie, Mullett
In: McDonald, Firrito, Thomas, Goldstein, Greenwood

Firrito, Grima, Thompson
Atley, Hansen, Wright
Dal Santo, Greenwood, Wells
Ziebell, Black, Turner
Thomas, Petrie, Brown
Goldstein, Swallow, Cunnington
IC: Bastinac, Gibson, McDonald
S: Adams

If Hansen doesn't pull up, do we bring Tippett in or a runner in Mullett/Macmillan?

Ziebell forward is an unnerving prospect frankly
Wait until you see Kayne Turner.

I have a feeling our forward line is really going to stretch Essendon on Saturday even though it hasn't totally clicked Petrie, Brown, Black, Thomas and Turner are starting to combine well. Then if you throw in Ziebell and Cunnington also going forward at times it's likely to cause some serious headaches.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

All the drugs stuff is getting tiring and boring.

Leave that in the other thread. It's really not funny anymore.
You're right it should be in the other thread.

But so SOOOO wrong about it not being funny any more. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed the doping discussion should be in the Sympathy for * thread or on the HTB but it's still extremely funny!

The game will be won In the middle, for sure

I actually think your defenders match up well on our forwards. Buckets will play

But I also think we match up on you defensively well too. Will be some cracking matchups. Baguley on thomas, hooker and petrie, thompson and carlisle, firrito and ambrose?

Our bias either way will make us tip our own sides, but it should be a damn good game

In round 1

Watson got 38 disposals and 2 goals
Goddard got 26 disposals and kicked 2.3
Chapman got 22 disposals and kicked 4 goals

If we let these 3 run amok again we are in for a long night...

Lindsay Thomas was a lone hand for us kicking 4 goals.

Swallow is back now. He'll make a big difference in the middle. I'm more concerned about the backline, if both Grima and Hansen are out.

Petrie, Brown, Black, Wood, Ziebell, Turner is a potent forward mix. With Cunners able to rotate down there as well.

Would you start Turner on the bench or as a sub?

Head-to-head odds ...

HAWTHORN $1.50 v GEELONG $2.60
SYDNEY $1.50 v FREMANTLE $2.60
NORTH MELBOURNE $1.70 v ESSENDON $2.15
PORT ADELAIDE $1.40 v RICHMOND $3.00

Premiership odds ...

SYDNEY $2.50
HAWTHORN $2.75
FREMANTLE $5.00
GEELONG $8.00
PORT ADELAIDE $26.00
RICHMOND $26.00
NTH MELBOURNE $34.00
ESSENDON $51.00

I would say those Richmond premiership odds are more from morons getting on in spades rather than how the bookies rate us.

Swallow is back now. He'll make a big difference in the middle. I'm more concerned about the backline, if both Grima and Hansen are out.
Swallow has seriously turned the corner in the last few weeks. I sat there during the first half on Saturday saying "oh that's right, I remember now". The way he bursts through packs is freaking awesome.

Also, dear god, I am begging, DREW PLEASE STAND THE **** UP! He so badly needs to play a big game. The whole
forward line walks taller when he does. I
would almost say our fate rests in Drew's hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petrie, Brown, Black, Wood, Ziebell, Turner is a potent forward mix. With Cunners able to rotate down there as well.

Bloke called Lindsay Thomas goes alright too.

My preferred outcome would be a tight first half, them two goals up at half time, we kick the first two of the third, LT then produces an outrageous dive that the umpire rewards with a free, Essendon opponent chucks spaz, gives away 50, LT slams it home from goal square. Their fans and players and coaching staff alike are all apoplectic, but we seize the initiative, chuck on a few quick more and go into 3qtr time four goals up.

Last quarter we kick the first two then slowly choke the game down, maybe get another one along the way from a dodgy free to LT, their fans trudge dejectedly from the G with ten minutes to go with "Join IN The Chorus" ringing in their ears.

Lets be honest. Watson and Heppell need to be stopped. If they win clearances at will we are ****ed no matter how hard our defence tries.
Goldi being rested could be the masterstroke of Scotts coaching tenure.
If our mids led by Swallow, Levi, Dal and Cunnington can win first possession than we should have the fire power up forward to win.
Funnily enough those 5 players are our most important come Saturday night IMO. Ziebs the X factor up forward. FFS please play him there as much as possible. We have him covered in the middle but Essendon dont have him covered up there.

I very much doubt we'll let the *bombers play that short kicking bruise fee game that beat us in round 1. Finals just aren't played like that, it will be a contested ball battle and Scott has built this side for exactly that purpose. Players like Ziebell, Cunnington, Swallow and Greenwood were born for this s**t.

Lets be honest. Watson and Heppell need to be stopped. If they win clearances at will we are ****** no matter how hard our defence tries.
Goldi being rested could be the masterstroke of Scotts coaching tenure.
If our mids led by Swallow, Levi, Dal and Cunnington can win first possession than we should have the fire power up forward to win.
Funnily enough those 5 players are our most important come Saturday night IMO. Ziebs the X factor up forward. FFS please play him there as much as possible. We have him covered in the middle but Essendon dont have him covered up there.

This is where the re-emergence of Levi is so crucial. Basti running into a bit of form too. Wellsy slowly coming back. We have inside options galore. Teffy's beloved meat grinder is actually upon us, we can just rotate high quality inside mids through it at every stoppage and have the luxury of playing JZ up forward.

Also, is it just me - and I'm aware its probably caused by the far smaller spaces in a congested forward line - but JZ looks so much quicker on defence in the fwd line.

Very exciting forward line mix that. Really hope that's the mix plus LT we go with against essendon

Two genuine talls. Two agile as * half forwards. Two complete maniacs and a class small marking forward.

The perfect mix.

Bloke called Lindsay Thomas goes alright too.

My preferred outcome would be a tight first half, them two goals up at half time, we kick the first two of the third, LT then produces an outrageous dive that the umpire rewards with a free, Essendon opponent chucks spaz, gives away 50, LT slams it home from goal square. Their fans and players and coaching staff alike are all apoplectic, but we seize the initiative, chuck on a few quick more and go into 3qtr time four goals up.

Last quarter we kick the first two then slowly choke the game down, maybe get another one along the way from a dodgy free to LT, their fans trudge dejectedly from the G with ten minutes to go with "Join IN The Chorus" ringing in their ears.

Top this off by throwing a bag of marshmallows over the Essendon players as they come off the ground.

Whats wrong with grima? He'd be a big loss for you. Hansen looks done to me?

Our forward line is actually good, it looks shite when we don't get good delivery and blaming the forwards is the easy options. I expect carlisle to play too. Joe is a kid and a bit up and down but he's dangerous nevertheless. Ambrose has been terrific in the back part of the year. Zac merrett is a very smart half forward and then you'll probably have a mix of chappy/jobe/bj/licha going through there

Whats wrong with grima? He'd be a big loss for you. Hansen looks done to me?

Our forward line is actually good, it looks shite when we don't get good delivery and blaming the forwards is the easy options. I expect carlisle to play too. Joe is a kid and a bit up and down but he's dangerous nevertheless. Ambrose has been terrific in the back part of the year. Zac merrett is a very smart half forward and then you'll probably have a mix of chappy/jobe/bj/licha going through there

I think that Grima copped a corky against melbourne

This is where the re-emergence of Levi is so crucial. Basti running into a bit of form too. Wellsy slowly coming back. We have inside options galore. Teffy's beloved meat grinder is actually upon us, we can just rotate high quality inside mids through it at every stoppage and have the luxury of playing JZ up forward.

Also, is it just me - and I'm aware its probably caused by the far smaller spaces in a congested forward line - but JZ looks so much quicker on defence in the fwd line.
I hope Teffy's monastery will allow him to seek enlightenment throughout the course of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back