List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield is what's getting smashed the 2nd half of the season, absolutely it needs to be looked at.

See Western Bulldog champion, be it Mathew Boyd has yet to resign.Has been a prolific stats getter over many seasons especially contested stats, is hard and tough and still has another 2 years in him , one would think. With his experience, he would be one to recruit if at all possible.

See Western Bulldog champion, be it Mathew Boyd has yet to resign.Has been a prolific stats getter over many seasons especially contested stats, is hard and tough and still has another 2 years in him , one would think. With his experience, he would be one to recruit if at all possible.

Boyd is a champion, definite A grade midfielder. And the Doggies would trade for someone like Gorringe in a heart beat, they are screaming out for a young key fwd/ruck. But Boyd is 32, that's like 70 in footy years?

Now Ryan Griffen... 28yo in his prime, make it happen Stuyd!

Boyd is a champion, definite A grade midfielder. And the Doggies would trade for someone like Gorringe in a heart beat, they are screaming out for a young key fwd/ruck. But Boyd is 32, that's like 70 in footy years?

Corkie,

corkie,
yes he is 32, but has had no major injuries in his long career. He has played 19 games this season and averaged 26 plus touches a game, in a side that has only won 7 games this season.!! IMO, he wud be a good recruit for us......whether he wud be available , well that's another issue. May well want to play out his days at the Bulldogs.Then again, the Bulldogs might not resign him as they go with youth policies. They delisted Daniel Cross with this policy, and look what happened here. Cross went to Melbourne and has been a solid contributer . Fact is. the Bulldogs could of done with Cross for another season or two, but they let him go prematurely imo.Thus that's why I say Boyd wud be a good get.

It's almost guaranteed that we will lure at least one free agent.

Who do you think Sunny_ would be the three most likely to come (not who you want but most likely)
To be honest, I don't think we need any of the players available through Free Agency. I don't think at this stage any of Frawley, Higgins and Malceski have become any more 'likely'. They're all just 'a bit likely'.

As I mentioned, players in these spots I don't think we're lacking. I think we should be throwing the money at someone like Minson. Just a main ruckman to give presence in the middle and has a heap of experience. Or a Bellchambers.

Nicholls, Smith and Gorringe could all be good. But none of them (outside of Smith in his first year) have strung together more than a third of a season together at a time. That to me is an immediate concern, and something that should be fixed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The count down at the start of the game was showing pics of people leaving the club, Auld, Bock,Murphy and K. Interestingly I didn't see Warnock on there, is he staying another year?

I'm hearing he is staying but not really from anyone solid.

I guess a lot would depend on what happens with trades/FA's

I'm hearing he is staying but not really from anyone solid.

I guess a lot would depend on what happens with trades/FA's

I know he struggled to get a game this year but we could do worse than to hold on to him for another year as a back up for May and Rory

I know he struggled to get a game this year but we could do worse than to hold on to him for another year as a back up for May and Rory

At worst,he provides an experienced head in our NEAFL team. At best provides valuable depth for our seniors. He gets my vote to stay if we dont get much experience in the off season

The count down at the start of the game was showing pics of people leaving the club, Auld, Bock,Murphy and K. Interestingly I didn't see Warnock on there, is he staying another year?

Would'nt hurt keeping him on another year , not sure what Matty would want though , not sure if a 31yo would be all that keen to just hang around for the odd game.

Apparently Ryder wants to be traded to Brisbane.

He's exactly the sort we should be chasing if the rumours are true.

I'd be making sure any playing coming from Essendon takes the 6 months that's apparently on offer before signing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back