Australia & New Zealand Poker Tour (ANZPT)

Remove this Banner Ad

I did something really silly. On day 2 bvb, board was A6677, guy said "Im playing the board." Without thinking I said "me too" and threw my hand into the muck. (FACEPALM)

Thx for the sweat all

Can't complain about table position tomorrow

Think I would've had roughly 3.4m or something if the kings hold but anyway glad to get most of it back

My table was an interesting one, had Allen on my direct left and the rest really tight/passive players filling the seats. About 4 out of every 5 times it would fold to us in the blinds and we'd battle. The rest of the time we would be taking the blinds

One hand that wasn't reported was a big one where he overbet shoved the river 700k into about 450k and I tank folded trips which might have been a mistake

We'll see how we go tomorrow, looking forward to it

was just going over this for some reason

I ran into Allen in Vegas for the wsop and we had a few beers and at one point he asked what I had in this hand which kind of struck me because I had forgotten all about it, but with him bubbling the FT I think he mightve thought if this hand played out differently so would the results

the board read something like 4xTKTr and I folded a T to his shove, he told me he had 4s full, so looking book it would appear to be a pretty pivotal hand in the whole thing

Gl all

May do a quick cameo for the main event but unlikely, boss is gone on back to back golf trips over the next two weeks

Did the really annoying thing of running super deep, making a small cash and essentially breaking even on the day because I was in for two bullets in the $250 2nd Chance Event. Finished 12th for $600

A few dumb hands late

New guy I havent seen before opens 2x from the CO. I call KTss from the blinds

Flop As8s6d. I end up donk jamming since I think that is the best way to get him to fold 99-KK given stack depth (my shove was about 1.7x pot, he was pretty average from what I saw and couldnt really hand read). He ends up calling off with AQ and I lose.

Another hand I open 2x with A9o UTG 6 handed with 14bb, planning to call off 3 of the players and fold to the other two. However, one guy flats the BB (eventual champ), who up until them seemed pretty decent (called bvb with K6o or something for not much when a lot of others would nitfold)

Flop A53 he checks I check
Turn 7 he bets 2.5x I call
River6 he bets 6x I fold

Very next hand folds to champ in SB, he opens, I shove 9bb with A7o he calls with AK and I do not find a way to chop or win.

---------------------------

Really wish they would change this particular event to the $440 Triple Chance they used to run, since I won that tournament 3 weeks in a row once.

3 events in

2 cashes

Im about square

* poker...

----------------------

Came 7th today in the Joel O challenge tournament where the winner gets the tournament named after him the next year. I started 10/30 and struggled early. I played a lot of hands vs two guys who donk bet a lot which was unusual. Because of that I had a lot of hands where I played somewhere between poorly and ******* horribly, because I didn't really have a good plan for how to react when called both OOP and IP vs a donk bet. Thats my bad I guess.

I got short and was lucky enough to bust a short stack who shoved the SB with 95o vs my QJdd and then when we were reduced to two tables run KK into QQ for a nice double up to 80k.

Ironically enough, I had been complaining to myself earlier that the guy on my left was flatting me all the time, and was begging for someone else on my left, and then ended up with Reyes_9 on my left instead. So instead of getting flatted a lot next seat over, I got 3bet a lot which was definately a case of be careful what you wish for. While I am pretty sure he didnt have AA every time (Ace high would be above what I expected) I lack both the hand and the testicular fortitude to put my money in the middle with less then premium holdings, partially because I wasnt exactly sure early how much Reyes9 was actively exploiting my high fold to 3bet% (which is very high usually because I am exploited by so few people in these kind of tournaments) and how much was him being dealt very good hands. In hindsight there was one hand in particular I wish 4b jammed a small pair, but because I had a small pair I couldnt bring myself to do it :p

With two tables left a few things were very apperent

1) Me and Reyes were by far the ones most likely to do something dumb/get it in light
2) Everyone else was nitty as hell.

Hand in particular that sums it up.

Reyes opens button for about 2.2, old guy flats from SB, BB jams for not a massive amount. Reyes folds quickly, old guy shows AQ so I assume he has done the nifty call, call line (Reyes and BB played a sick massive pot which might have led BB to jam lighter, I will let him reveal if he wants) but instead the AQ goes into the muck. LOL these guys.

Eventually we approach the bubble. Older pub poker guy who was pretty steaming after said pot with Reyes jams 12bb from CO. Button calls off 9bb. I have 99 in the SB and tank for a while, eventually i call off about 40%of my stack (which I think was pretty bad in hindsight so close to the bubble) and Reyes folds AQ in the BB.

They have QQ and AK (rangetops keep falling on my head) and I lose to both.

This leaves me with about 13bb

Folds to Button who was quite nitty who opens button. I jam 77 from SB (super standard vs a button open) he calls 99.

Thankfully because I run good occasionally I suck out and hit a 7. I respond stoically, an older guy from the other table wants to know who had the 77 (to see if the bubble would burst) and got upset with me for not celebrating enough to indicate whether I had either won or lost the hand. Whatever...

We get the to FT with no real dramas, I eventually bust in 7th. Reyes opens from MP, maybe the HJ. Folds to me with about 9bb and no-one else having less then 15. I stick it in with A9o, he calls with JJ. I dont find anything and am bundled out of the tournament. Oh well.

I will let Reyes say where he finished up if he wants and give some view over some of the hands we played (IIRC I raise folded to about 3 3bets from his total, the 4th one I open button, he 3bets 5bb I shove 21bb with AJ he folds) but all together it was an okay if not completely satisfying day.

Hey guys,

Just got back to Melbourne after playing all the ANZPT Perth Events. Had an awesome time, ended up shipping the 550 accumulator, my good mate who I travel with finished runner up in the ME and got to hang with Ash on numerous occasions.

Have to admit I got extremely lucky on the FT bubble of the accumulator. I raised the hj/co (cant rly remem) with K6s (note, at this point I was playing pretty aggro) old dude in the bb just flats. flop came KQ3, bb donks flop and I just flat. turn comes a 4 and he bets out once again quite large. I tank for a while before moving all in with minimal FE. He tanks for about 10-15 seconds and calls, i show my hand and he then shows KJ. He claps his hands and says "I knew it was the right call." My mate calls for a 3 or 4, and ofc the 6 hits the river :) shiiippp. I was called a donkey at least 20 times aswell as some other kind words im sure.

Next stop Sydney next week to play ANZPT once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldnt imagine the trials and tribulations Carlton will have gone through up until the ANZPT Melbourne is in town, but the schedule has been released anyway

It has an interesting $200 (170/30) 'supersonic' event that I havent seen before, thinking maybe a super turbo?

Its running a $300 mix game 2 hours before a $400 KO nlhe event, which seems pretty silly, other than that its seem a nice schedule. 2 6max events, one $550 the other $1100

But also what looks to be a cracking event and something I'm shocked there isnt more of, a $400 KO PLO event, $100 per knock out

And of course 2.2k main event

Will probably sell action depending on how I go CPC & WSOP.

Will probably play the $400 PLO K/O I have never played a PLO event at crown only 1/2/5 & Online.

yeah mincashed the main, ran up a nice stack on day 1 of 129k, then had a good start running it up to around 190k then a slight cooler AQs<KK in pre in a CO v BTN spot, and from there couldnt get anything going, went really card dead couldnt get anything through etc

Eventually shoved 66's, BB calls AJ and board runs out 992KK

Haven't played online poker for quite a while, just getting back into it.

First hand of an ANZPT satellite.

Table '1043051079 1' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: OZ Madhouse (3000 in chips)
Seat 2: Keith Burgs (3000 in chips)
Seat 6: Convict Fish (3000 in chips)
Seat 7: doru_simi47 (3000 in chips)
Seat 8: brookiee93 (3000 in chips)
Keith Burgs: posts small blind 10
Convict Fish: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OZ Madhouse [Ah 5s]
doru_simi47: folds
brookiee93: folds
OZ Madhouse: calls 20
Keith Burgs: calls 10
Convict Fish: checks
*** FLOP *** [5d 5c 6c]
Keith Burgs: checks
Convict Fish: bets 60
OZ Madhouse: raises 120 to 180
Keith Burgs: calls 180
Convict Fish: raises 480 to 660
OZ Madhouse: calls 480
Keith Burgs: raises 2320 to 2980 and is all-in
Convict Fish: calls 2320 and is all-in
OZ Madhouse: calls 2320 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [5d 5c 6c] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [5d 5c 6c Td] [6h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Keith Burgs: shows [5h 4c] (a full house, Fives full of Sixes)
Convict Fish: shows [6s 4d] (a full house, Sixes full of Fives)
OZ Madhouse: shows [Ah 5s] (a full house, Fives full of Sixes)
Convict Fish collected 9000 from pot
Keith Burgs re-buys and receives 3000 chips for $1.50
OZ Madhouse said, "lol"
OZ Madhouse re-buys and receives 6000 chips for $3.00
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9000 | Rake 0
Board [5d 5c 6c Td 6h]
Seat 1: OZ Madhouse (button) showed [Ah 5s] and lost with a full house, Fives full of Sixes
Seat 2: Keith Burgs (small blind) showed [5h 4c] and lost with a full house, Fives full of Sixes
Seat 6: Convict Fish (big blind) showed [6s 4d] and won (9000) with a full house, Sixes full of Fives
Seat 7: doru_simi47 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: brookiee93 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

So I survived the final rush of foreigners re-buying up until the add-on cut off, which was actually good because the one available ticket to the qualifier became two and I didn't have to battle it out with the last remaining Russian for top spot. Playing tomorrow for a seat at the real event.

ANZPT Perth on this week.

So far its been a pretty lame one.

The Reyes9 challenge has gone poorly.

Flight one I chipup nicely, everything going great. I open TT to 450 at 100-200-25. A call from someone playing 20bb (concerning, he could conceivably have aces, but not enough of the time to really worry). BB now shoves for 9k (45bb) which is just lol. I end up calling off because I think I am against this range of something resembling JJ-77, discounted AK, AQ, AJs. Its probably a thin spot I can pass up some of the time, but with that stack size I found it basically impossible for him to ever decide to just rip 45bb with Aces and similar monsters.

Sure enough, I lose a flip to AQ and that was that.

---------------------------------

$250 second chance. I let myself get short in the poorly structured event. I end up getting K3hh in BvB vs a guy who tanks for ages, and then calls off my 12bb with AK. I lost that hand as well obviously

---------------------------------

Flight 2 of Reyes challenge I had some foreign good player raise pre. I call ATs, and get it in on Q84ss. Someone behind me has Q8o, and I lose.

On the second bullet, things were going well enough, until I opened TT again. Button calls. Flop AKTddd. We bet, face a minraise, shove, and get called by QTo with the Qd. He makes a flush on the turn to seal it.

Main last year was later February so I guess its a few weeks earlier.

Unfortunately, because it tags on so no nicely to the Aussie Millions I am expecting to see a plethora of good players coming across for a holiday and extended stay. Already I think there are about 6 guys who would otherwise not be bothering getting all up in my grill which sucks, and I am sure more will come with the $1k 6max on Tuesday and the high roller over the weekend.

Depending on who is and isn't here will decide if I play the High Roller or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back