Mad Monday...

Remove this Banner Ad

RiewoldtTebow.jpg

Nick Riewoldt/Tim Tebow. Combining two of world sports' biggest sooks, quite creative.

This is all fairly tame, as has been mentioned above.

Nick clearly did his research, given Tebow now plays for the Jets and Payton Manning is the Broncos QB. Also, he appears to be holding a Chicago Bears helmet.

Sorry to go off topic,
but I don't see the point off mad Monday, why should players be able to celebrate not making the finals. They are employed until Grand Final day, so they should be training until Grand Final day. They get paid 100s of thousands of dollars, and they get an early paid holiday for performing under par. Ridiculous, I would make them turn up for work until the football year finishes for everyone.

Sorry to go off topic,
but I don't see the point off mad Monday, why should players be able to celebrate not making the finals. They are employed until Grand Final day, so they should be training until Grand Final day. They get paid 100s of thousands of dollars, and they get an early paid holiday for performing under par. Ridiculous, I would make them turn up for work until the football year finishes for everyone.
Shutup

Sorry to go off topic,

Eddie......is that you ?

Sorry to go off topic,

You obviously haven't played much footy before.

Sorry to go off topic,

I hope you never find yourself in a position where you employ people or have a say in how their employment goes...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to go off topic,
Mmmmmmm have massive mad Monday right after the grand final....

Sorry to go off topic,

Negative nancy...

So if you want to play the "employment angle"

They are entitled to 8 weeks leave. That leave usually starts the day or days following their last game.

It is why the 10 non-finallists start pre-season earlier than finallists.

Do get the feeling that if a random group of mates decided to all have a day off work, dress up in outlandish costumes and get on the piss, they'd be labelled w*nkers, idiots and louts. I understand why they do it, and don't have a problem with it, but we do hold footy players to a bit of a double standard with this kind of thing, glorifying when we'd usually be deriding.

Do get the feeling that if a random group of mates decided to all have a day off work, dress up in outlandish costumes and get on the piss, they'd be labelled w*nkers, idiots and louts. I understand why they do it, and don't have a problem with it, but we do hold footy players to a bit of a double standard with this kind of thing, glorifying when we'd usually be deriding.
You can also shutup

Sorry to go off topic,

The construction/trade industries have RDO's all the time ............... Would anyone care if they took advantage of an RDO and got plastered esp if they had just finished a 6 month job during which (most) would not have touched any alcohol in a significant manner ???

And how is this any different to say muck-up day, where yr 12 students trash a school yard and blow off some steam after exams ??? Or a bucks night, where a group of guys get plastered, shave the grooms head and tie them naked to a light pole in the middle of the city ???

Let the guys blow off some steam after what has likely been a pretty disappointing year. They will have plenty of training ahead of them in the off-season.

P.S those who make finals generally start the pre-season later. They get roughly the same amount off "off-time" as those who don't make the finals ............

Sorry to go off topic,

The earlier your season finishes, the earlier next year's preseason starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back