Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed his form has dropped off lately could this have something to do with it??

Casboult is a big lump of a player and a contested marking machine with bucket hands; he can hoof the ball, but still after several years he has a very poor technique as far as his ball drop and kicking for goal is concerned (looked to have improved a bit early on this year by modifying his run-up but still needs to address the fundamental biomechanical/mental issues). More importantly, I believe he lacks a bit of self-belief, and even mongrel, which is something that helps players fight to stay in the game for four quarters and build consistency over a season. One of the best strong marks in the league, but alas, a couple of things let him down (consistency and accurate kicking for goal) - not worth c. $500K per year at this stage (if only he could kick for goal like Fev!).

Casbolt, Jones, Stringer, Crameri. Not too bad of a forward line. How good has Stringer been on the lead(Apart from his falcon which cost us lol).

Except Jones cant even get a game in the 1sts and Casboult averages less than one goal a game for a side as mediocre as ours is but he has more forward line support. He will not improve us at all

I will vomit if we get Bellchambers. He is uselsss - Essendon fans everywhere will rejoice.
Don't know why so many people are keen to get rid of Minson.. stupid idea.

Also SEN said we are after Bellchambers. Would anyone do Will Minson for Bellchambers? Gets us a younger ruckman who can go forward also. Will be good to have 2 as Campbell can do the same.

Despite what some suggest I think this is not a bad trade. Minson would allow Ryder forward and bellchambers could play 2nd ruck/KPF. Certainly a consideration despite my want to keep Minno.

Tom Bellchambers is a terrific player, I'd be very keen to have him aboard. Have been a fan for quite some time.

I'm not keen on the idea of getting rid of Minson, though.

Although, I thought Campbell gave Mumford and Pyke an absolute bath when he was rucking in the last couple of weeks, he's clearly benefiting from being in a partnership at AFL level. Exciting prospect. Could work well with TBC.

Kyle Cheney and Matt Spangher are/were two of the worst players I've ever seen on an AFL list when playing for their respective previous sides, but when given a defined depth role they can step in and play okay in a very good side.
Austin has lost me at 26 but at 21 Young may still improve enough to be worth it.

Only problem is that we're not a very good side, we're average at best, so we can't afford list cloggers and Young is one of those.

Casboult > Dawes. Agree that Dawes is a decent shot for goal though.

Currently if we were to have on of them I'd still take dawes, particularly as we need a get out option who works hard down the line (I think Casboult is better played closer to goal). Particularly as he would just get in Stringer's way.

Also SEN said we are after Bellchambers. Would anyone do Will Minson for Bellchambers? Gets us a younger ruckman who can go forward also. Will be good to have 2 as Campbell can do the same.

I'm a big Bellchambers fan . But we don't need more ruckman on our list unless Minson is traded.
Surely we should be looking at all the tall timber at GWS ?

James polkinghorne would be a good pick up. The times ive seen him play he's always been above average.

Also, I'm waiting for whispers to appear that we're in to Jordan lisle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be really happy to land Bellchambers. He has only just turned 25 and we all know by now how long ruckmen take. He has great size at 202cms and 106kgs and already has a pretty impressive body of work as a 21-24 year old. If people can remember back to Minson at that age, Bellchambers is definitely past what Minno was doing. Not a great forward but a decent option resting down there, with room to improve. He should be our #1 target while putting Minson on the market to a team needing a mature ruckman in their premiership window. I love big Will but this is a move we need to make that will help us when we are looking to win finals.

Bellchambers is an underrated forward. Last year kicked as many goals as dahlhaus and played plenty of games in the ruck. Sounds like we want to pressure Campbell and Cordy for spots next year

Bellchambers is an underrated forward. Last year kicked as many goals as dahlhaus and played plenty of games in the ruck. Sounds like we want to pressure Campbell and Cordy for spots next year

Bellchambers is a very good player, would be happy to get him. Don't think he'll leave, though.

GWS have 3 pics in the top 23 need to trim there list great time to offer Pick 5 for Picks 20 & 23 and Jaskch

So Lever for Langford Weller?? :) would work for both Clubs

Langford----Williams
Weller----Higgins
Menadue---Gia
Vickers-Willis--Goodes
Jaskch---Fuller
Lonie---Pierce
Cordy---Howard
Yong--Young

Thats 8 Players massive gamble but worth it..

Rookie Boyd

Try to Trade .. Grant,Roberts,Tutt,Dixon,Jones and Minson only for a key forward :) Reid

Draft vs trade. What about James Stewart yesterday, moved well and kicked some beautiful goals. Think Collingwood let him go as a father son pick in 2012, who would you choose Q stick or Stewart? Then last year they went for White, of all the forward trades how many really work? Having second thoughts about Casboult but he should be compared to what we draft pick he would cost.

Do we seriously think anyone but Richmond or Melbourne would be crazy enough to give us a pick in the top 30 for these guys?
Grant, Roberts, Tutt, Dixon, Jones and Minson
Minson maybe.... but the rest would get us no value.
Personally I think Jones, Tutt, Grant and Roberts should be retained

My thoughts on our off season.

Gone:
Gia - Retired
Williams - Retired
Howard - Delisted (had chances needs to go)
Goodes - Delisted (At his age needs to be regular best 22)
Rookies
Greenwood - Delist (Too many ahead of him)
Austin - Delist (Don't rate)
Jong - Delist (Tries hard courageous, but skills just not up to afl standard)

Trade / Free Agency
Grant (Attitude and work rate not good enough)
Higgins (Lacks work ethic and urgency)

Last chance
Young
Tutt
Pearce
Fuller

Upgrade
Redpath

That leaves 5 senior spots and 4 rookie spots for the off season.
I wouldn't be keen on trading our first pick which depending on melbourne compensation would likely be 5 or 6 unless we can get a very good KPF which Casboult is not that he is woeful in his goal kicking in my opinion (If he can be got for a later pick i would but believe they will demand a good player or early pick) and I don't want to give a early first round pick for Sam Reid. I would look at getting some cheaper talls this season and try a two tall two medium tall forward line with the likes of Dhal Hunter Hrovat and Honey around their feet. Go tall in the draft if one is available and next season go all out for a big KPF if we still require it. Players i would look at in the off season.
O'Rourke (GWS)
Jaksch (GWS)
McKernan (ADEL)
Schade (GC)
Butcher (Port)
Shaw (Port)
Don't any would cost us our first rounder although i may be under valuing them as everyone does opposition players. I would try to get Cordy as a F/S with a third rounder, go tall with our first pick and best available with the rest i would look to get Foster as a rookie.

The thing that Casboult is best known for is exactly what we need. Our game plan, which is Murphy kicking it to himself, then kicks it to the def 55, hopefully marked and then bombed to the wing, is where we * up. He can mark, is tall and is strong. Tick, tick, tick. He fixes a gameplay problem HOWEVER he can't be brought in as a tall goal kicking forward, because he simply isn't that. YET. $500k might sound a lot but you have to trust those doing the job that if they think it's worthwhile, we go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back