Preview 2nd Elimination Final: North Melbourne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 6th of September, 7.15PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
I think part of me expects to see the joys of finals last year that I was so anticipating to be rolled into this game.

Hoping I'm not setting myself up for a major disappointment.

Seriously what is it with people booking engagements and weddings in September, it's bordering on sacrilegious.

SWMBO had a friend get married on Grand Final day in 1996. Had told her if we'd made she'd have been on her lonesome.....every bloke in the church had a radio & one ear in a headphone. Piss funny.

If anyone I know ever gets married on Grand Final day, I'll make it my mission to delay the service.

Like hire a hitman on the bride.

I mean priest.

I think part of me expects to see the joys of finals last year that I was so anticipating to be rolled into this game.

Hoping I'm not setting myself up for a major disappointment.
You coming over for it?

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Norf have an allocated area.

10612712_846985105312214_8404703662276052978_n.jpg
Makes sense when you think about it. It's a North home game, unfair that they should have to play it in front of a crowd.

:D

And gingers?

Also recent. Norm Smith used to have to enter the ground from the Punt Rd end.

We are classified in the same way as a dog might be on a Hawthorn membership.

We had a wedding to go to on a home and away game and my father sat at the back of the church with his radio plugged into his ear listening to the game.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Was in a cafe on the weekend and with paper on table was explaining the vagaries of the first week of finals to little Vander18....was explaining that if we lost it was season over, which little Vander took badly as reflected by a quivering lip and copious sniffling as he stifled tears. At this point I noticed a man standing in line next to our table turn and look down...he then spoke and advised that we needn't worry, he was certain we'd beat North comfortably.

I then looked up to see who this stranger offering his thoughts might be...'twas Paul Roos.

Now some may suggest Paul Roos simply saw that consoling the upset Little Vander was smart way to ensure he and Tammy could enjoy a quiet breakfast...or even just a good hearted gesture to a young footy lover.... I prefer to think it was the considered and insightful view of one of our leading football minds.

He also said he'd love to get his hands on that Dyson Heppell....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back