D1 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a great season to date. Congrats to all the teams that have finished up. Agree with previous posters, men tone and PA were good at times this year so they both have a lot to work with. If you go back to my earlier posts you will see i predicted whitefriars to be right at the bottom, which was the case. As for the finals should be two cracking games this w/end! Im guessing therry will get over willy this week. as for the other game could go either way but with NOBS capitulating last week, I'm gonna go for old geelong. I personally believe willy will be too strong in the end for old geelong and will then take momentum into the GF Where Therry will have a lot of pressure on them to win the flag. On a dry pitch i honestly believe the slick ball movement of Willy will be too much for Therry and they also won't know what to do when in a losing position and may choke. It happens a lot to undefeated sides. Anyway its only my opinion. To win the league bnf would have to be Bannister, absolutely dominated this division, my other smokeie would be Jack Gray, who on his day is absolutely unstoppable. Good luck to everyone involved..

Anyone seen how Bannister has failed to draw a free kick, no chance he'll win best in comp. Gets battered by defenders like Travis Cloke every week.

Best in the comp will no doubt go to Egglestone of TP. A competitive beast in the middle of the ground. Jack Gray of Willy and Darcy Brown of Mentone will round out the places in my opinion.

Struggle to see anyone beating Therry. To go up with them will be two horse race. On their day I think NOBs are the better team than Willy, but I fear they will struggle to win a game in C Section again unless they do some serious recruiting to help out their ageing list.

Great day for finals football.
Today Williamstown by 10pts
Tomorrow NOBs by 24pts

Good Luck to all the teams.

That result is nuts! Well done to Willy on winning promotion.

Can anyone who was there describe what the main points of the game were? Did Willy want it more? TP mids and forwards have an off day? May be a nervous week for Therry.

If Therry lose surely this would have never happened before. 18-0 followed by straight sets. Would be kind of funny and kind of sad. Think I'm leaning on the side of funny.

That result is nuts! Well done to Willy on winning promotion.

Can anyone who was there describe what the main points of the game were? Did Willy want it more? TP mids and forwards have an off day? May be a nervous week for Therry.

I guess being the goal umpire for the match I can try my best.

Willi got the jump early and really weren't headed much of the match. The weather and Willi's speed over the ground were the critical factors.

Prelims at Trevor Barker on Sunday, so expect the GF to be Sunday, Sept 14.

Surely they wouldn't play the GF at Trevor Barker and give the winning prelim teams the advantage of playing there?

Others I thought of - Central Reserve, Highgate, St Bernards or Coburg City Oval?

Surely they wouldn't play the GF at Trevor Barker and give the winning prelim teams the advantage of playing there?

Others I thought of - Central Reserve, Highgate, St Bernards or Coburg City Oval?

Central might be out thanks to Monash Council. Definitely the main ground. Highgate is the best bet and fit.

A couple of years ago they played the first round of finals in Division 1 at Elsternwick Park, pretty sure the Grand Final wouldn't have been played there though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trav
Central might be out thanks to Monash Council. Definitely the main ground. Highgate is the best bet and fit.
travel times for clubs taken into account and craigieburn is a long long way from Williamstown and OGs. Sandringham would suit Williamstown and OGs, D1 finals played there last year

Trav

travel times for clubs taken into account and craigieburn is a long long way from Williamstown and OGs. Sandringham would suit Williamstown and OGs, D1 finals played there last year

Williamstown to Craigieburn by freeway is 30 minutes (West Gate, Ring Road, Hume Fwy) and Old Geelong is similar via Citylink, Ring Road and Hume Fwy. No major issues for either.

Williamstown to Craigieburn by freeway is 30 minutes (West Gate, Ring Road, Hume Fwy) and Old Geelong is similar via Citylink, Ring Road and Hume Fwy. No major issues for either.
And 10 mins for Therry

Awful news tonight re: the passing of Ricky Bannister.
Condolences to Corey, Jarrod and all the Therry family.

If ever a football final means so little, it will be this one.

Shocking news for the Therry family and football as a sport. TP should do the right thing and salute for Ricky. My tip- Therry by 8 straight kicks

Condolences to the Bannister family,

TP to get over OG's tomorrow.

I don't think it should matter where the GF is played in metro Melbourne, teams have to travel year round neutral ground same for both teams.

Have just heard Garvey Oval ot is for the D1 GF. Playing the highest games of the year for clubs on cow paddock's
VAFA promote themselves as the No.1 metro competition in Melbourne, yet they allow finals series games and Grand Finals to be played on substandard grounds. Also the ground is not centrally located for the two teams playing. Do they not big numbers to attend. At 10 bucks ahead and a 1000 spectator's cant be sneezed at, or do they only care about certain divisions.

Have just heard Garvey Oval ot is for the D1 GF. Playing the highest games of the year for clubs on cow paddock's
VAFA promote themselves as the No.1 metro competition in Melbourne, yet they allow finals series games and Grand Finals to be played on substandard grounds. Also the ground is not centrally located for the two teams playing. Do they not big numbers to attend. At 10 bucks ahead and a 1000 spectator's cant be sneezed at, or do they only care about certain divisions.

I wonder what other grounds they had to pick from?
Casey and Meade too far away for both sides, Trevor Barker given to under 19 premier GF (St Kevins v St Bernards) on the Sunday.

Doesn't have the prestige of VFL or VFA grounds, does it? Although apparently the surface is tip-top knick.

The Garvey is in pretty good condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back