Lets Talk Indians

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to watch today, ignoring the result.

Bauer needs to work on his control.

I know Wahoo needs to be phased out, but that was the first time a regular top (Practice top only maybe) had no Cartoon Indian on it, made them a little plain, but I do like the potential for a really traditional look once Wahoo is officially retired.

Good start to the season shutting out the A's. Too early to say how far we can go but i have a good feeling this year that we'll go one step further. No real big changes to the squad but i believe we have the coaching staff to get us there without any real star hitter or pitcher. Swisher will have a big year i believe.

Just seen Jason Kipnis has signed a 6 year extension, I am VERY excited by that.

Just seen Jason Kipnis has signed a 6 year extension, I am VERY excited by that.

That could explain why we rejected Justins offer. Gomes and Santana next, hopefully Justin as well but unless he asks for a bit less I'm not interested in us signing him on a $17 million a year contract until he can put two good season's together (so far so.good after one start).

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

The main thing for me this week was Bauer's start, hoping it can be a turning point for us. Been really with the way the team battles, if we can keep in it and Bauer and Salizar take the step of being a regular strong starter, I think we can compete late.

Watched the Dodgers-Indians game today. As a Dodgers fan, I know precious little about the Indians (or the wider AL in general), but Corey Kluber looks terrific. Had the Dodgers off-balance for much of the game. Both he and Dan Haren benefited from a slightly enlarged strike zone (thanks Angel Hernandez!), but Kluber was unlucky to take the loss. The Indians have had just one hit in each of their past two games. Today's sole hit came from an overturned out call as well, although the defensive play by back-up SS Miguel Rojas saved a run.

Josh Beckett goes against Justin Masterson tomorrow.

Well, the bats certainly woke up in game two, with the Indians winning 10-3. The Dodgers left the bases loaded in three of the first five innings, and Masterson barely got out of the third inning... but a poor outing from Beckett and lack of clutch hitting consigned my Dodgers to a disappointing loss.

The Indians also pulled off the incredibly unusual 7-2-4 triple play. Gonzalez flew out to left field, Gordon was thrown out at the plate trying to score on the sac fly, and then Puig was caught trying to get to second on the throw to the plate. Bizarre stuff.

Don't know, think with Kansas City becoming a serious contender we will fall a couple of games short this year, but the rotation moving forward is going to make a serious contender in the next year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the goal this year was to establish a really good potential rotation for the longer term. Kluber, Salazar, Bower and the second half improvement in Carasco means that a strong spring we will be really pushing next year. To think we have the strongest rotation in a few years and that included off loading Masterson. Even though post season won't happen, we have an above 500 season and an improved rotation. Very content with the season.

Hopefully Dr Smooth can make it a double today.
Hoping so but I get the feeling that Mike Trout will get it just because it is Trout. Had a good year power numbers wise but struck out 184 times to Dr Smooth's 58 and only had 14 rbi's more at a lower average. If it's not Dr Smooth that wins it I think ot should be former Indian V-Mart to win it.

Was hoping it was Dr Smooth, but think reality is Trout was always going to win.

Most probably should have won it the last 2 years then V-Mart this year, but think he had to finally get one, would have been wrong for him to miss.

Until and unless they upgrade the hitting we are going nowhere. Lindor looks like he could be a superstar. If he can hit like he did this season that will help. Bradley back and not hurt would help..Kipnis is Kipnis and hopefully Gomes has a decent year without injury next season.

Still need a big bat.

Agree, we need that clean up hitter that can really build the pressure to not let Kipnis and Brantley get on base.

My shopping list is:

1 Big hitter
2 good arms for the bull pen

We really need to move on this, I don't want to waste the starting rotation we have.

3 years in a row above 500, we really need to be playing playoffs in 2016!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back