Preview Port Adelaide Vs Richmond, First Elimination Final - Do Or Die

Remove this Banner Ad

We got our tickets! Sitting in Section 531 midway up instead of Section 120, so its going to be a different experience this week.

Tigers are up and about this is going to be huge.
Will be a massive contest. Tigers by 59 points.

Seriously, this game is the one my brother and I (both mad Richmond supporters) have talked about as the litmus test for both sides. Last year both made a great show of the season and this year both have more to prove. It is just that this is an elimination final so there are no second chances. Tigers will be wanting to make up for last years 2nd half capitulation against the Blues and win their first final in toooooooooo long. The Power have to grab the season now before the slide continues and they drop out of contention altogether.

An absolute belter on paper. Game will be full of heart and spirit. This will be an epic final!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First 13 weeks of the season, Power massively over-achieve and go 11-2
First 13 weeks of the season, Tigers massively under-achieve and go 3-10

Last 9 weeks of the season, things level out and Port go 3-6
Last 9 weeks of the season, things level out and Tigers go 9-0

End result, Port win just 2 extra games over the course of the season than Richmond do. Which is about right. :thumbsu:

Port Adelaide are NOT a vastly superior team to Richmond by ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION, and anybody who thinks that Port will win this by 10 goals is absolutely deluded beyond belief. :rolleyes:

This is going to be a thriller all the way to the end, between two very even teams.

My tip - Port by 10 points because of Home Ground advantage, and the travel finally catching up with the Tigers.

Good luck, may the best team win. :)

First 13 weeks of the season, Power massively over-achieve and go 11-2
First 13 weeks of the season, Tigers massively under-achieve and go 3-10

Last 9 weeks of the season, things level out and Port go 3-6
Last 9 weeks of the season, things level out and Tigers go 9-0

End result, Port win just 2 extra games over the course of the season than Richmond do. Which is about right. :thumbsu:

Port Adelaide are NOT a vastly superior team to Richmond by ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION, and anybody who thinks that Port will win this by 10 goals is absolutely deluded beyond belief. :rolleyes:

This is going to be a thriller all the way to the end, between two very even teams.

My tip - Port by 10 points because of Home Ground advantage, and the travel finally catching up with the Tigers.

Good luck, may the best team win. :)
You're correct, anyone that thinks we'll win by 10 goals is crazy.

We'll win by 8 goals 12, our goalkicking is s**t.

You're correct, anyone that thinks we'll win by 10 goals is crazy.

We'll win by 8 goals 12, our goalkicking is s**t.

I'm sure that deep down, you'd be stoked with a 1 point win, such would be your nerves going into this one.

Don't fear us though, keep thinking it'll be a walk in the park.....

It's how we like it. :cool:

port-adelaide-supporters-expecting-an-easy-win-against-the-tigers-excellent.jpg

So... you're one of those people who believes supporter banter is actually in some way reflective of and/or influential upon the psychology of a playing group?

Either that, or you're one of those people who actually cares when people on the internet say "nya nya I told you so!"

So which is it?

So... you're one of those people who believes supporter banter is actually in some way reflective of and/or influential upon the psychology of a playing group?

Either that, or you're one of those people who actually cares when people on the internet say "nya nya I told you so!"

So which is it?

Yes.

Good result that you guys get to wear the prison bars, love that jumper. Richmond really need to get a better clash jumper, yellow with a black sash looks great, no reason we can't wear that 3 or 4 times a year.

Tigers to win by a point by a point. Schulz has a shot to win with ten seconds left, it only makes the square, Wingard jumps on Maric's shoulders but from nowhere Troy Chaplin takes a run up double jump off the goalpost onto Wingards shoulders, knocks it through for a behind, does an aeroplane celebration glide back to earth as the siren sounds.

Port 30-40. Umps will keep them close to ride the richmond wave, being a immortal powerhouse and all. Seriously, Carlile has good game on sooky pants (he is currently working with hardwick on structures). Deledio must be shut down (biggest worry) and Cornes throw towel on cotchin. Port has too many weapons for a side that is at best 9th ranked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back