General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terlich and Georgie boy are deadset morons. I hope they get a decent fine for that. Severe lack of empathy on display and the club will not be pleased with the negative attention.

It annoys me that people feel the need to get outraged about these things. Move on, nothing to see.

Exactly. It's like people who are uncomfortable watching me masturbate - if you didn't want to see it, you shouldn't have sat next to me on the bus in the first place!

I bet if Geelong players pulled a similar stunt (in fact they did - dressing up as Ricky Nixon and the St K. schoolgirl) the media would let it slide because their club is respected. Our club is rightfully percieved as a rabble and noones going to laugh when we're hat in hand to AFL for a priority pick when these clowns are acting like clowns.

non-issue but if you're a sh!t footy team I'd scrap Mad Monday altogether - or least keep in the confines of someones house. See St Kilda last year

When I saw the picture this afternoon I swore he was dressed as Rolf but wasn't sure.

Insensitive - yes.

As usual the media just needs to get outraged.

Caro is a ******* brick sometimes

When Roosy says everyone is tradeable, of course they are

If Adelaide offered Dangerfield, Walker, Sloane and Talia for Nathan Jones you would take it
that's an unrealistic trade though, Nathan Jones is not tradable unless it's for something unrealistic

that's an unrealistic trade though, Nathan Jones is not tradable unless it's for something unrealistic

Come on mate of course its unrealistic, but the point is everyone is tradeable if you get something better in return
If there is nothing better than Jonesy then there is nothing to worry about

=

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you got your wish, Melbourne apparently investigating whether two players dressed up as Rolf Harris and a young girl.

Terlich apparently Rolf Harris and Georgiou in a wig and a dress.

Honestly I'd prefer Fev running around with a dildo than that.

Terlich should have been more subtle about it and just put on Pedersons jumper

Silly by the boys, that's all. They should know the media will jump over anything on mad Mondays to get people reading their papers. Now they are bringing up the Bartel/Duncan dress up as Nixon/Schoolgirl, it barely raised an eyebrow at the time but now its a story. Plus any other past indiscretion by any other players/club in the last 5+ years of mad mondays.

White guy painting himself to be black guy is generally considered offensive. More offensive than dressing up as a sex-offender? I'd say no.

The way people view racism now is ridicolous, At a guess Id say the Jordan Lisle likes basketball and his hero is Lebron James?

But wearing a costume therfore he is a racist now, even though the blackface was an american way to insult there blacks

White guy painting himself to be black guy is generally considered offensive. More offensive than dressing up as a sex-offender? I'd say no.
Yes, I agree. Blackface comes with hundreds of years of oppression of black people loaded up on it.

Rolf Harris as sex-offender is bad, but not in that league.

Yes, I agree. Blackface comes with hundreds of years of oppression of black people loaded up on it.

Rolf Harris as sex-offender is bad, but not in that league.

Yup your talking about the past, But he is doing blackface of a bloke who gets paid more than all of our salarys combined in a week
Hardly oppression is it

Yup your talking about the past, But he is doing blackface of a bloke who gets paid more than all of our salarys combined in a week
Hardly oppression is it
I don't think it really matters that it was Le Bron. Remember those guys who did blackface as the Jackson 5 a few years ago and caused a massive shitstorm? It's not who they're trying to mimic that's the issue, it's just the act itself.
Anyways I can see this thread getting derailed very soon, so that's the last I'll say on it.

I don't think it really matters that it was Le Bron. Remember those guys who did blackface as the Jackson 5 a few years ago and caused a massive shitstorm? It's not who they're trying to mimic that's the issue, it's just the act itself.
Anyways I can see this thread getting derailed very soon, so that's the last I'll say on it.

Because a White american guy chose to get offended

Anyway moving on again

Delistings today? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back