Game Day North vs Essendon Elimination final [CONFIRMED - SATURDAY NIGHT 7:15PM @ MCG]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Greenwood -> Watson
McDonald/Basti -> Dyson 'I refuse to go back with the flight of the ball because it might wreck my hair' Heppel

Stopping Dyson Heppell will go along way to winning on Saturday .
Wells is my pick from left field .. Thoughts ?
taylor-no.png

ForzaBaysie

Debutant
Jun 2, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
this is it my friends, time for the roos to shine. Cmon boys we can do this

No Carlisle definitely hurts, bellchambers is a big salami. the ony threat up forward is ryder when he goes there. i do have concern on the midfield, they belted us in round 1 with heppell and watson running riot. we need to contain them two.

Drew back in form and browny playing well we will smashed them.

Go the roos

Out: Hansen (inj), Adams (inj), Jacobs, Currie, Wood
In: Firrito, Greenwood, McDonald, Goldstein, Thomas

McDonald, Thompson, Firrito
Atley, Grima, Wright
Wells, Swallow, Dal Santo
Goldstein, Greenwood, Cunnington
Ziebell, Black, Turner
Brown, Petrie, Thomas
Bastinac, Gibson, Macmillan, Mullett

I'll back Macmillan and Mullett in, although one will make way if Hansen is fit, both if Adams comes up as well. Harvey is a huge loss. We'll win by 13pts after leading by 30+ late in the 3rd qtr. Best will be Brown (6 goals and the sealer), Cunnington (30 disp, 8 clearances), Greenwood (28 disp, shut downs Heppell), Ziebell (24 disp, 4 goals, Grima (25 disp, 12 marks), & Atley, (22 disp, 15 bounces).

Of Jacobs, McMillan and Mullett, I'd stick with Jacobs at this point (Beep Beep goes the Jalopy etc). I'd rather decent form and actual defending over possible X-factor at this point, and JMac's just a bit underdone for mine.

Just watched the Melbourne game again. Repost.
IN: Firrito Thomas McDonald Goldstein Greenwood Tippet
OUT: Currie Hansen Grima Wood MacMillan Jacobs

B: Firrito Thompson Wright
HB: Atley Tippet McDonald
C: Wells Dal Santo Gibson
HF: Ziebell Black Turner
F: Thomas Petrie Brown
R: Goldstein Cunnington Greenwood
I: Swallow Bastinac Mullet (Adams)
E: Jacobs Wood MacMillan

Currie for Goldi is a no brainier. Hansen is cooked unfortunately. Could barely run. Grima was poor when apparently fit but this corky says he cannot be risked. As good as he has been we cant afford for him to break down. Wood should stay in ahead of Mullet but I feel Mullet can be more damaging in a final. MacMillan was SEVERELY underdone and in a final will be exposed. Jacobs goes out for team balance and the plethora of inside mids we have. If Patch doesn't come up he stays as sub but hes been more consistent than Mullet this year so I wouldn't begrudge match committee if they selected him.
This game could be very well won on the selection table.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Are you guys sure we'll even be playing *essendon? I mean, they did take drugs, and could be booted out of the finals again. We really should be preparing for two clubs, in case that happens.

Ninth is West Coast. So either way we play asterisks we owe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wandering123

All Australian
Jul 23, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all the fuss over Port Adelaide having to wear it's away strip today, I can confirm that we will be wearing white shorts with our home top on Saturday Night even though we are the home team.

What are everyone's thoughts on that?
It's an absolute disgrace. Home team should always wear home strip and coloured shorts.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
It's an absolute disgrace. Home team should always wear home strip and coloured shorts.

Surely North in blue shorts and Essendon in black shorts wouldn't clash anymore than North in white would it? Can understand Essendon in white may do given North have white on there jumper.

Roos Addick

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic
I actually prefer us in white shorts. Goes better with the top imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the Melbourne game again. Repost.
IN: Firrito Thomas McDonald Goldstein Greenwood Tippet
OUT: Currie Hansen Grima Wood MacMillan Jacobs

B: Firrito Thompson Wright
HB: Atley Tippet McDonald
C: Wells Dal Santo Gibson
HF: Ziebell Black Turner
F: Thomas Petrie Brown
R: Goldstein Cunnington Greenwood
I: Swallow Bastinac Mullet (Adams)
E: Jacobs Wood MacMillan

Currie for Goldi is a no brainier. Hansen is cooked unfortunately. Could barely run. Grima was poor when apparently fit but this corky says he cannot be risked. As good as he has been we cant afford for him to break down. Wood should stay in ahead of Mullet but I feel Mullet can be more damaging in a final. MacMillan was SEVERELY underdone and in a final will be exposed. Jacobs goes out for team balance and the plethora of inside mids we have. If Patch doesn't come up he stays as sub but hes been more consistent than Mullet this year so I wouldn't begrudge match committee if they selected him.
This game could be very well won on the selection table.

I watched Tippet on the weekend and couldn't believe they had him in the best.. Looked nowhere near ready.

Greenwood in the middle and mcdonald everywhere else. Lets greenwood win his own ball as well as make heppel accountable in the middle

This.

Levi will beat him in a contested situation in the middle.

Luke to make him disappear everywhere else.

I am so ridiculously pumped for this game.

I have been fairly critical of the team and some of their performances this year. I truly believe that we could have pushed top 4, alas that was not to be.

We have in front of us a huge moment of truth. We play the old enemy, the team above all others that our club loves beating. We are in better form, we have a healthier list. We can throw basically everything that we have at this game. Everything except our best player of the last decade, I don't rue the loss of Boomer, he'll be in the coaches box, we will exploit he footy nous in a completely different manner to the way in which we have relied upon it.**

Saturday night is built for us to witness the coming of age of a side that is yet to fully realise what it is capable of.

In the future I want to be able to point to this game to say "I was there, I was there the day we beat the *scum and came of age."

This game in many ways will define how we move forward, win and we continue to push, lose and we will need to reassess who we have and where they will get us.

** As a side note on Boomer, this bloke is never allowed to leave the club, I do not want to watch him in other club colours the way the we see Simmo. When Boomer eventually calls stumps on his career, he goes straight into a coaching role. None of this going to another club to get other perspectives, he does that and he'll never be coming back as he'll be a senior coach somewhere else. This simply cannot happen.

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From the Herald Sun: Barometer today...

MADDI VANTARAKIS’ FORECAST: Recent form indicates the Kangaroos will head in as favourites, although their last month of wins have come against teams outside the eight. If Drew Petrie fires they’ll be an even better chance — he’ll be disappointed after his performance against Melbourne. Most will be looking forward to a Scott Thompson-Jack Carlisle contest. This depends on if Essendon is willing to push the forward with his hamstring injury. When you have an All-Australian defender in your backline, chances are the contest will be tight and tough for Essendon forwards. Someone will have to run with a newly-revived Dyson Heppell, the job could go to a Nick Dal Santo or Ryan Bastinac in the absence of Brett Harvey.

Good to see Maddi has been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back