Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's the photo shop pro on here?????? send me a message :)

Spoke to Derek Hine at the forum, Goldy will stay, Broomy has signed for 2 years and Dayne Beams is contracted, (which we knew) but he confirmed that his Mum has now moved here, (his sister was already here).

Edit - forgot to mention he said that's it, in another words no one else is out of contract, so that means Kenno signed too

:thumbsu: For one year only.

This is why there is so much speculation and so many rumors.

"If" he does not extend beyond next year we are forced to accept the compo the AFL.

Therefor do we look for the best deal whilst he is in contract and negotiate with the AFL.

It all comes down to whether there is any truth in the rumor and whilst I have concerns (hope I'm wrong) we all know that most rumors are pure BS.

He isn't a FA next year. If he wanted to move when his contract expires it would need to be via a trade or run the risk of the draft.

3AW rumour that a 'big name from a big club will quit today as he doesn't like coach, will not play on at another club'.

Was a late rumour file tip this morning.

Swan ? Harry ? No one ?

There's speculation around town that magpie Dane Swan @swandane might be retiring. Hope not. Footy sure needs characters like him

Quarterbrain tweet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worries me that both Hine and Eddie have now said Beams is contracted for a year.. not that "beams isn't going anywhere"

What about the fact that Beams has already instructed his management to start negotiations with the club?
I'm not concerned on Beams. He will be with us beyond next season.

I think we should avoid bringing in senior players and hit the draft with 4-5 picks. Maybe trade a senior player for an extra second/ third rounder
It'll hurt our chances next year for sure, but do we really want to be that mediocre side that the bombers, tigers and carlton have been for so long and be stuck in that part of the ladder for the foreseeable future? I sure don't.

If Hine didn't rate Stewart that highly and GWS did, even if Hine changed his mind inside 1 year which is unlikely, GWS would ask for a lot more then Hine would offer.
Has Frost signed a contract beyond this year, anyone?

It hasn't been reported if he has. He's a rookie and I'm sure standard rookie contracts are only 1 year deals. No doubt in my mind he'll get elevated and selected in the ND as per the rookie listed player rights of culbs, and that lands him a 2 year deal minimum.

If Hine didn't rate Stewart that highly and GWS did, even if Hine changed his mind inside 1 year which is unlikely, GWS would ask for a lot more then Hine would offer.

It hasn't been reported if he has. He's a rookie and I'm sure standard rookie contracts are only 1 year deals. No doubt in my mind he'll get elevated and selected in the ND as per the rookie listed player rights of culbs, and that lands him a 2 year deal minimum.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back