2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Sportsbet have the team votes out - but doesn't look like any option to Multi them.

Anywhere allow bets that we know of?
sorry if has been answered already.

Sportsbet have the team votes out - but doesn't look like any option to Multi them.

Anywhere allow bets that we know of?
sorry if has been answered already.
Team Multi's will usually be allowed closer to the date

Good value in Dangerifled (1.77), Judd (7.00), Goddard (8), Tyson (2.85), J.Kennedy (syd) (1.66), Liberatore (2.00) for club leads

You certainly dont rate Grays year do you?

Still think Boak has him covered?

It's been good but I have him on about 21 votes with a favorable eye and there are games in that where he could miss out completely. He is gross unders for me when I have those other 5 all ahead of him.

I won't be taking Gray in most Port votes, Boak is a solid poller and I have him on 19. I doubt I will get involved in Ports votes but if I do it will just be a small one on Boak yeah

It's been good but I have him on about 21 votes with a favorable eye and there are games in that where he could miss out completely. He is gross unders for me when I have those other 5 all ahead of him.

I won't be taking Gray in most Port votes, Boak is a solid poller and I have him on 19. I doubt I will get involved in Ports votes but if I do it will just be a small one on Boak yeah
Are you reasons centred around him not being a past well known player/poller to the umps along with not spending enough time onball in the middle under the nose?

FWIW i see him as having the most upside in votes of any player this year. Whether that means he gets the most is another thing because his votes probably arent as sure as Ablett/ Selwood ect

Are you reasons centred around him not being a past well known player/poller to the umps along with not spending enough time onball in the middle under the nose?

FWIW i see him as having the most upside in votes of any player this year. Whether that means he gets the most is another thing because his votes probably arent as sure as Ablett/ Selwood ect

The fact he has only polled 15 votes in his carer and none since 2011 is concerning but mainly a lot of his 2s are in games where he won't poll 3 because there was a clear BOG but he was pretty even with 2 or 3 others so could slip down to 1 or miss out completely

The fact he has only polled 15 votes in his carer and none since 2011 is concerning but mainly a lot of his 2s are in games where he won't poll 3 because there was a clear BOG but he was pretty even with 2 or 3 others so could slip down to 1 or miss out completely
Fair enough i can certainly see where your coming from.

However i think there are potentially alot of games that i havnt polled him in where he could end up sneaking a one where i have him named as the 4th or 5th best. These games i reckon could make up for those ones you mention where he polls one less than he was maybe expected to by some.

FWIW i have
Gray 25
Boak 15

this theory can be misleading. not many players are immediate votewinners from the start of their career and can take a while to be noticed, or a change in role, or a team performing better - can argue all three could apply to gray. using the theory of "he hasn't been noticed before, so..." can potentially mean missing a chance.

Did someone mention Robbie Gray?

Robbie Gray
R1: 17D, 82%DE, 4G. Wines was BOG in this one. I think that Westhoff (20D, 5G) and the pace of Polec (especially in the last quarter) (24D, 1G) will get votes before Gray. A slight chance at 1, but I dont think he got enough of the ball. 1-0 Votes
R2: Played forward, won't poll
R3: Better North players, and Hartlett was Ports best. Shouldn't poll
R4: 29D, 3CLR, 2G. A solid game, but there were better port players. Boak was BOG, Schulz kicked 7, and Ebert and Cornes had over 35 posessions at higher efficiency.
R5: 24D, 83%DE, 5CLR,2G. I stand by my decision to give Ebert the 3 in this game. Gray played a strong last quarter which helped Port win the game, but Ebert was probably the most consistent throughout the whole game. 2 Votes
R6: Once again, Gray played a good game, but Boak, Ebert and Hartlett all played much more influential roles in the win against Geelong.
R7: 30D, 7CLR, 6I50. Polec (30D, 3G) was a stronger performer on the day and should get the votes. I also had Ward (40D, 11CLR, 8T) getting the 2 votes behind Gray who was next best. 1 Vote
R8: 30D, 6CLR, 70%DE. I gave Wingard the BOG in this game with his 5 goals. I also thought Fyfe kept Fremantle in the game with 34D, 6CLR and 2G. Meaning that Gray should get the remaining vote. 1 Vote
R10: Boak and Ebert both had more impact on the game than Gray, and Lewis was sensational in the loss.
R11: 25D, 5CLR, 2G. This is one that I actually changed, not sure why I didnt originally put Boak BOG because he was. I thought that Tysons effort was incredible in this game so I gave him the two, and Gray the one. Could go either way though. 2-1 Votes
R12: 25D, 4CLR, 4G. I think the 4 goals is what gives Gray BOG for this game. Would not be surprised however if Hartlett got it over him. 2-3 Votes
R13: 35D, 10CLR, 71%DE. Sydney winning this one gives Franklin the BOG in my opinion. It will come down to Ebert and Gray to split the 2 and 1 I think, and I gave Gray the 2 in this game. 1-2 Votes
R14: 28D, 9CLR, 3I50. Wines and Schulz will split the 3 and 2 votes for this game. I think that Westhoff and even Boak should poll before Gray for the 1.
R15: Cant see any Port players attracting votes here
R16: 30D, 4CLR, 1G. Was probably Port Adelaides best player, especially in the last quarter. I still felt as though the games of Zaharakis and Myers were more impressive. 1 Vote
R17: Not sighted
R18: 26D, 8CLR, 6T. Wines was Ports best, and Tyson and Jones were impossible not to recognize for Melbourne. Given port hung on, he may sneak in for a vote. 1-0 Votes
R19: Unsighted
R20: 37D, 12CLR, 6T. Will be a chance for best on ground, although I think his efficiency (53%) and the teams loss will give McGlynn the best on. 3-2 Votes
R21: 26D, 9CLR, 11I50. I thought Hartlett was more influential in this game, but looking again at those stats, it might be hard to not give Gray the 3. 3-2 Votes
R22: A clear BOG ahead of Wingard, Boak and Hartlett. 3 Votes
R23: Been argued by many on here, but I still think Neale will get the 3 in the Dockers win, Gray should get 2. 2 Votes

Based on that, I have Gray on 20 behind Selwood (27) and Ablett/Kennedy (24)
Minimum Votes: 18
Maximum Votes: 25

what does everyone have Lecras and Steven Motlop on? $1.60 for Lecras h2h and im thinking about loading up on it, anyone see a way for lecras to lose that?

also thoughts on nick riewoldt vs josh j kennedy (wce) ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this theory can be misleading. not many players are immediate votewinners from the start of their career and can take a while to be noticed, or a change in role, or a team performing better - can argue all three could apply to gray. using the theory of "he hasn't been noticed before, so..." can potentially mean missing a chance.

I'm not saying he can't be but being unproven makes him a less solid betting option. He is the same age, team etc as Boak who is proven as an umpires favourite

If you got the 40s, 100s, 300s or whatever about him winning then it's worth the risk, but not at the odds he is now. For me anyway

what does everyone have Lecras and Steven Motlop on? $1.60 for Lecras h2h and im thinking about loading up on it, anyone see a way for lecras to lose that?

also thoughts on nick riewoldt vs josh j kennedy (wce) ?

Terrible odds, I wouldn't back it

Translation: I'm not home yet so don't steal my great odds about Lecras!

What do people have Sam Mitchell on? I may have somewhat overrated his votes due to his and Lewis' polling history, he only played 12 proper games. He could go up to 10 imo.

Could poll rnd 3 v Freo (chuck a blanket over 5-6), rnd 4 v GC (behind Gunston, Ablett imo), rnd 5 v Geelong (maybe 1, Johnson 3 Hawkins 2), rnd 6 v Richmond (3? Behind Rioli?), rnd 22 v Geelong (unlikely though), rnd 23 v Collingwood (who knows).

The big thing is that he played well in games that for the most part Hawthorn won in a canter and had half a dozen who could poll. Just interested in others exact thoughts?

The great thing about the Brownlow, now, is that the winner is already decided. We're all just betting on a Schrodinger's Cat scenario.

Is this like the Mule and the spinning wheel thing? :confused:

EqYkx3z.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back